How do I change visa from B800,000 to monthly incomme?

In March I renewed my 1 year retirement visa using the B 800,000 on deposit.   Visa valid from 10 April until April 2020.   When my visa comes up for renewal in April 2020 I would like to switch to the monthly income method.    Any idea how this can be done?

All you have to is show proof of 65k baht income instead of 800k baht in the bank.

Proof of income can be from your embassy it they still do them.

If not you will need to show 12 months of transfers from abroad amounting to at least 65k baht every month.

Have you already started to transfer 65,000 baht to a Thai account each and every month. You will be required to show 12 such transfers at renewal time, which clearly show they are from overseas. A bank letter may be needed to confirm this which will be over and above the usual letter you got that verifies your account. Or can you get an Embassy letter for the income?

Some regional IOs are also asking for documentation showing the source of this money. Where are you applying?

Have you been asked to show the 800,000 is still available this month? I have no idea if they will look to see if you conformed to the retained money on deposit for April 2019-April 2020, so whether you spend it is a risk. 

Edited by jacko45k

Thanks for the replies.     I use Chang Wattana Imm office.     I haven't been to Immigration since I renewed my visa in March so no one has asked me anything about the B 800,000.   My 90 day report will be in late August so maybe somebody will check then.

Also it looks like I am screwed as far as doing the monthly income as I should have started the monthly trasnsfers in April 2020.    So looks like I will again have to go the B800,000 route next year (April 2020) then start my monthly deposits in April 2020 then in April 2021 I will have 12 deposits .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

Just a thought, you could go the combination route if accepted at CW, it is in the police order.

Check and you could start foreign income deposits this month.

They could still want 12 months of transfers. The rules refer to same proof of income for the combination option which states 12 months is needed. But if he had done some monthly transfers that were less than 65k it could be done.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They could still want 12 months of transfers. The rules refer to same proof of income for the combination option which states 12 months is needed. But if he had done some monthly transfers that were less than 65k it could be done.

I am stood corrected. ????

Getting mixed up with "leniency" which will not apply next year, and only in some cases this year.

Edited by Thailand