Where in Hua Hin to stay

mrblonde

I am forward planning our holiday for early next year, never been to Hua Hin but its on our list of places to stay. Where should we look to stay, close to the nightlife and bars/restaurants please?  What area, or near what landmark?

We always get a motobike so geting around wont be a problem

Thanks all in advance

9 minutes ago, mrblonde said:

What area, or near what landmark?

the Hilton is across the street from nightlife and bars/restaurants.

I would plan on three days max. Not much to do after that unless you just hang around the pool or go to the beach.

But if you do get a scooter look at Soi 94 and 88 more restaurants. 

And go to Wat Khao Takiap and Sanae Beach Club

1 minute ago, mrblonde said:

Ahhh OK thanks NCC1701A, we ususally do 2 weeks in pattaya partying then a week elsewhere, Buriram, Chiang Mai or Ayutthaya.  Will have a read up on Hua Hin and maybe not book a whole week there then

also look at the the white lotus restaurant on top of the Hilton for the view and East Bar near Soi 94 for drinks.

Well Hua Hin has more bars than Buriram and Ayutthaya but not as many as CM.

Better restaurants in CM.

24 minutes ago, mrblonde said:

We always get a motobike so

be careful the police do drunk driving checkpoints around the bar areas. they start around 10 pm.

I would find a hotel near the Hilton so you can stay in that area and walk to bars.

The Hilton has a disco with a very good live band, starts at 11pm, then at 1am very loud music at Cat club, and 2 am the polo club next door to the south.

10 minutes ago, Benroon said:

also largely empty most nights of the week and shuts early

the bars in Bintabaht close between midnight and 1am.

then everyone goes to the Hilton and Cat Bar and Polo Bar till 3am when it closes.

Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays are best.

19 minutes ago, Benroon said:

If you're into beaches then within 15 minutes in either direction you will find much better than Hua Hin itself

Would you care to elaborate ie additional info? for I am drawn to HuaHin by its proximity to Bangkok, but its beaches are nothing to write home about and I've been down to Ao Takiab. The only high mark I would give is that it's cleaner (beachwise) and "serene" compared to Pattaya. Thanks for the bother.

Archived