WiFi Hotspot queries

samtam

Excuse the dumb as a rock questions, but I want to run an internet android box to stream programmes on my TV, but I don't have sufficiently high mbps from the internet, when I move into a serviced apartment for a couple of months. 

If I buy a hotspot router and install a sim, I presume I could then connect that hotspot router to the android box...to the tv. Is that correct?

If it is, and anyone does that, which service provider gives high speed interenet?

It depends if you can get the required speeds from any network provider in the particular apartment. So the only way you would know, is to test each provider SIM in the actual apartment. 

Then you can make a decision on which network to go.

The highest speed unlimited data plans available get to is 10 Mbps(1.25 MB/s)

Don't expect it to be as stable as a terrestrial connection.

Another forum member has recently researched some of the cheapest long term plans currently available;

i bought a 4G AIS pocket wifi with sim.  i think it was 2,000thb.  i pay about 1,100thb/mo for the wireless internet service and don't have any issues.  i use it in bangkok and buriram with an apple TV box.  i think i'm one step below the unlimited data service in terms of price.  i probably use it an average of an hour a day for streaming.

edit:  i used to have similar device with True but the battery would die and fail to recharge.  one replacement battery i got didn't last a week.  the next one made it about a month.  so i switched to AIS.  much better. 

Thanks for your responses. I went to Dtac and the guy told me their high level mbps is not that cost efficient, and you need to sign up to a 1 year package.

So, I will buy the "Pocket", "Hotspot", "Router" such as this one, and subscribe to Line Mobile:

https://th.linemobile.com/en/packages

"unlimited" package @ THB1999 per month...I only need about 3 months.

4G Router 1.jpg

4G Router 2.jpg

On 6/20/2019 at 11:37 AM, samtam said:

Thanks for your responses. I went to Dtac and the guy told me their high level mbps is not that cost efficient, and you need to sign up to a 1 year package.

So, I will buy the "Pocket", "Hotspot", "Router" such as this one, and subscribe to Line Mobile:

https://th.linemobile.com/en/packages

"unlimited" package @ THB1999 per month...I only need about 3 months.

4G Router 1.jpg

4G Router 2.jpg

It is cost efficient, if their 10 Mbps for 90 days package for 1391 baht, is still available for subscription.

*103*598#27.png.cebd6bafa541c139c0fdfd824f7470b1.png

Archived