Thais getting Thai licence...

Does anyone know what is the procedure these days, not the paying 2000 baht under the table route ????

Family friend is going to do hers asap and been told she needs to do 2 days of training, prior to sitting the computer and driving tests.

Does anyone on here have any recent experience for this situation ?

My wife lot long ago got her licence. She had to make a booking for driving test. She just turned up at the allotted time and did the driving bit. Around 20 Min:

Having done that and passed, she sat the exam Comp: thing in the afternoon. Also passed that, then was issued with a licence. 1 day in total. Well about 4 hours but some hanging about.

I spoke to the wife and she had never heard of having to do a two day course, but TIT and every DLT will have their own requirements.  

3 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

My wife lot long ago got her licence. She had to make a booking for driving test. She just turned up at the allotted time and did the driving bit. Around 20 Min:

Having done that and passed, she sat the exam Comp: thing in the afternoon. Also passed that, then was issued with a licence. 1 day in total. Well about 4 hours but some hanging about.

I spoke to the wife and she had never heard of having to do a two day course, but TIT and every DLT will have their own requirements.  

The rules changed a year or 2 back I believe, making training mandatory before taking the exams.

Just trying to find out if it's actually enforced ??

When I did the full bike test, it only took me one day in Phuket for everything !! But that was about 12 years ago I think...

32 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

The rules changed a year or 2 back I believe, making training mandatory before taking the exams.

Just trying to find out if it's actually enforced ??

When I did the full bike test, it only took me one day in Phuket for everything !! But that was about 12 years ago I think...

Wife did hers about 10 months ago. The test was just going in a line for some 6mt turn left followed by two more left turns. Then weave through some bollards that you could have got a Bus through.

All done in a line with other people. Seems you pass as long as you don't fall off. Oh and you can put your foot down if you want. 

Examiner drove in front to show the way. How she could see what the other people were doing Buddha only knows. All some 20 people passed. Now there's a surprise. 

She had her test done at the local DLT in Kamphaeng Phet. Halfway between BKK and C/Mai.

But I have noticed that the local Honda Dealers have now got a large school. With people turning up and doing the usual driving in a line and turning so they might have changed the rules now. I'm off that way later I will try and take some snaps. And get some info.

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

As said DLT's different, good to book a Honda school lesson if possible.

In Sukhothai it's much improved and strict and you have to book the test.

On the 1st day a watching video's session the computer click mouse choice questions on road safety test.  

2nd day more video's just in case you fell asleep at the 1st day ones, then practical riding test, I was glad to see they did some kind of emergency braking test which is better than nowt.

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Wife did hers about 10 months ago. The test was just going in a line for some 6mt turn left followed by two more left turns. Then weave through some bollards that you could have got a Bus through.

All done in a line with other people. Seems you pass as long as you don't fall off. Oh and you can put your foot down if you want. 

Examiner drove in front to show the way. How she could see what the other people were doing Buddha only knows. All some 20 people passed. Now there's a surprise. 

She had her test done at the local DLT in Kamphaeng Phet. Halfway between BKK and C/Mai.

But I have noticed that the local Honda Dealers have now got a large school. With people turning up and doing the usual driving in a line and turning so they might have changed the rules now. I'm off that way later I will try and take some snaps. And get some info.

Right update on test.

You now it seems have to go to the new Honda training centre for 2 days to take the driving test. Seems that you have to book same and turn up at your allotted time. They said well as much as I make out each days test take around 3 hours. It has only been in operation for 3 months. Before that it was the same as my wife did.

IMGP0010.JPG

IMGP0011 (1).JPG

Archived