Women's World Cup Fever

champers

So England have qualified with 3 wins out of 3. I want to know if World Cup fever is building up back in England. Are the pubs chocca, are big screens being set up, are the tabloids rousing the rabble? Or do most people not give a monkeys?

i dont know about back home, but I mentioned about Thailand's team to the girls in the office where I work as most of them follow the Thai national team (mens). It turns out that they dont care as "not handsome".

'fever'?  is that from the 6,000 people in those huge stadiums? (Mostly staff and family)  this is all spun by the pc MSM. Thailand fans numbered 60 according to BBC.

I suggest very few people 'care'. What next?  F1 women's teams?  not against them playing if they enjoy it but all this 'equal pay' BS annoys me. If they want equal pay (tennis too) play the men!

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested (seemingly not, judging by this thread) the England v USA semi-final is live on Thai terrestial tv, PPTV channel, at 2am tonight. I shall be watching and will be back in England when the final is played on Sunday. Hopefully, I will be able to gaugue interest first hand, if England make it.

Sir Philip Neville anyone?

14 minutes ago, champers said:

If anyone is interested (seemingly not, judging by this thread) the England v USA semi-final is live on Thai terrestial tv, PPTV channel, at 2am tonight. I shall be watching and will be back in England when the final is played on Sunday. Hopefully, I will be able to gaugue interest first hand, if England make it.

Sir Philip Neville anyone?

I'm slowly getting hooked, watched their last two games, very entertaining. David Beckham attended their last match, he seemed to enjoy the match. Will watch their tonights match tomorrow on catch-up. Good luck to the ladies.

On 6/20/2019 at 7:57 AM, champers said:

I want to know if World Cup fever is building up back in England.

Starting to build now that they're in the Semi's against the USA Champers .. Beeb broadcasting it live are expecting high viewing figures .. 

Im rooting for England....after all their political BS posturing team USA 

need to get knocked out. Imagine saying you're not going to the White House 

before you've won and even before you've been invited.

What a plonker that Phil Neville, copying Southgate with the waistcoat.

Guess he will get his knighthood now with that semi final achievement, never known a country to celebrate failure like the English.

1 minute ago, hackjam said:

What a plonker that Phil Neville, copying Southgate with the waistcoat.

Guess he will get his knighthood now with that semi final achievement, never known a country to celebrate failure like the English.

No knighthood now. You have to win the thing.

Archived