Has Anyone Ever Ordered from Tops Online?

fusion58

I've had an account for about a year, but I've never tried to place an order until today.

After logging in successfully and after adding items to my cart, I made it as far as the "select payment method" page. I selected the credit card option, and when I clicked "continue" I was taken to a page that said "Please wait a moment. Do not close your browser or refresh the page."

And that was the end of the line. The system just hangs on that page and nothing else happens.

Tried same procedure with both Firefox and Chrome. Same result.

Just another day in "IT Idiocracy," apparently. ????

Tops Online has another option there to pay by bank card via a mobile terminal when the driver brings your order. I use that all the time, and most of the time it works fine.

As for doing the charge online via their website, for some reason, a lot of the payment gateways here seem to have problems from time to time. Not sure if it's the Thai businesses' systems or the payment vendors they're using. 

But I have those same kinds of online payment stall outs periodically at any range of other online businesses here, not just Tops Online.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Can they make change?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes they can make change - but not especially happy to do so in my experience.  The web site software is not very good and quite slow (although was recently upgraded).  The good is they normally have what they say they have, unlike another home delivery service.

• Like 1

I have a couple of times but their delivery schedule is meaningless. Both times I asked for mid to late afternoon, went out to an early lunch only to get a call on my phone that the delivery guy was in the lobby of my condo. Fortunately the security guys there accepted delivery

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

I have a couple of times but their delivery schedule is meaningless. Both times I asked for mid to late afternoon, went out to an early lunch only to get a call on my phone that the delivery guy was in the lobby of my condo. Fortunately the security guys there accepted delivery

Tesco is even worse about that -- totally ignoring your scheduled delivery window. I had a Tesco delivery this week scheduled for 8-10 pm, and the driver called at 3 pm saying they were on their way to deliver. So I had to warn them off.

Sometimes, both Tesco and Tops just arrive totally unannounced outside of the delivery appointment time window, not even bothering to call ahead.

I used to include a comment in the delivery details, saying in EN don't deliver early. But that totally got ignored, probably because the drivers and/or the store staff don't speak/read any EN...  So, I then changed that written instruction to Thai, and they seem to be a bit better about that since making that change.

I also chewed out the driver/delivery guy a few times, asking him why he was showing up at my home unannounced at 3-4-5 pm for a delivery that wasn't supposed to arrive until after 8 pm....  But since it's somehow a different delivery person almost every time, that tends to have limited impact.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Greyhat said:

I've used it a few times but mostly use HonestBee since they will go to Villa, never had any issues with tops besides having to direct the delivery driver every step of the journey.

You don't need Honest Bee for Villa shopping, Villa online exists!

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Tesco is even worse about that -- totally ignoring your scheduled delivery window. I had a Tesco delivery this week scheduled for 8-10 pm, and the driver called at 3 pm saying they were on their way to deliver. So I had to warn them off.

"I had a Tesco delivery this week scheduled for 8-10 pm..."

That's odd, shoponline.tescolotus.com does not offer an 8-10am delivery. Must be one of those specials for imaginative Thaivisa posters.

35 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

That's odd, shoponline.tescolotus.com does not offer an 8-10am delivery. Must be one of those specials for imaginative Thaivisa posters.

First, I said 8-10 pm, not "am" as you wrote.

And second, I live in BKK (have no idea what universe you're in). But in BKK, Tesco Online most certainly does do 8-10 pm delivery slots, as my order excerpt below shows:

519266030_2019-06-2116_35_55.jpg.64615705dbc9247829df82655c76b0d9.jpg

43 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You don't need Honest Bee for Villa shopping, Villa online exists!

Villa Online delivery itself (out of their main headquarters store on Sukhumvit Road) only serves the more or less central BKK area. They have specific delivery boundaries that they'll tell you. Outside those, you're stuck with other methods.

2 hours ago, SooKee said:

Must've been lucky with TOPS. Never had a delivery miss the scheduled slot and never a problem with stock of what I've ordered.

Change!  One of the important factors to gain best margin in E-Commerce is for the driver to complete all deliveries in the shortest possible time (time costs money). Any e-Commerce operator who is serious will ensure 'making change', asking around with other people to get together enough small money to complete the transaction with the actual buyer is  a total no-no. Meaning any sensible e-commerce delivery operation will be well organized in all factors to keep the driver moving to the next delivery location as fast as possible. 

Kerry have delivered COD to our house many times, they are always well prepared for change, all completed within seconds. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

First, I said 8-10 pm, not "am" as you wrote.

And second, I live in BKK (have no idea what universe you're in). But in BKK, Tesco Online most certainly does do 8-10 pm delivery slots, as my order excerpt below shows:

519266030_2019-06-2116_35_55.jpg.64615705dbc9247829df82655c76b0d9.jpg

You're so right, I apologise, humbly, from the bottom of my heart.

14 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Villa Online delivery itself (out of their main headquarters store on Sukhumvit Road) only serves the more or less central BKK area. They have specific delivery boundaries that they'll tell you. Outside those, you're stuck with other methods.

Is Suan Luang central Bangkok?

10 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Is Suan Luang central Bangkok?

AFAICT, Villa has been expanding their delivery zone from the Soi 33 store over a period of time since they originally launched. Last time I checked with them on the subject, they said their delivery range then was something like boundaries of...

Bearing, Rama 3-4, Petchburi Road and somewhere along the Silom Line near the river. Can't recall if they cross to the other side of the river, but I don't think so.

When you log onto the Villa Online website for delivery, it prompts you to enter your delivery address, and I assume at that point either accepts the address for delivery or tells you you're out of their delivery area... I'm in their delivery area, so I've never seen or gotten the alternate message myself.

Change!  One of the important factors to gain best margin in E-Commerce is for the driver to complete all deliveries in the shortest possible time (time costs money). Any e-Commerce operator who is serious will ensure 'making change', asking around with other people to get together enough small money to complete the transaction with the actual buyer is  a total no-no. Meaning any sensible e-commerce delivery operation will be well organized in all factors to keep the driver moving to the next delivery location as fast as possible. 

Kerry have delivered COD to our house many times, they are always well prepared for change, all completed within seconds. 
Can't quite see what you posted had to do with my post that you quoted?

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

AFAICT, Villa has been expanding their delivery zone from the Soi 33 store over a period of time since they originally launched. Last time I checked with them on the subject, they said their delivery range then was something like boundaries of...

Bearing, Rama 3-4, Petchburi Road and somewhere along the Silom Line near the river. Can't recall if they cross to the other side of the river, but I don't think so.

When you log onto the Villa Online website for delivery, it prompts you to enter your delivery address, and I assume at that point either accepts the address for delivery or tells you you're out of their delivery area... I'm in their delivery area, so I've never seen or gotten the alternate message myself.

Thank you, I know that, I have a Villa delivery to Suan Luang weekly. 

"Can't recall if they cross to the other side of the river, but I don't think so".

My comment was addressed to whoever it was who said that Villa delivered only to central Bangkok.  I would not describe Suan Luang as central Bangkok, that was my point, and it is not, as you seem to be suggesting, on 'the other side of the river'.

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I would not describe Suan Luang as central Bangkok, that was my point, and it is not, as you seem to be suggesting, on 'the other side of the river'.

I wasn't suggesting that at all. I know where SL is. I was commenting on the delivery boundary out toward the Silom/river area.

You're now 0-2.... Wanna go 0-3???

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I wasn't suggesting that at all. I know where SL is. I was commenting on the delivery boundary out toward the Silom/river area.

You're now 0-2.... Wanna go 0-3???

That's just your obtuse way of looking at it, I'm not the one keeping score.  Your comment very well could have been construed to mean what I thought.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:04 PM, Just Weird said:

Whose confused here? AM=morning   PM= after noon