Thailand Voted The Most Popular Tourism Destination By The Irish

Jai Dee

Thailand voted the most popular tourism destination by Irish people

Thailand has been the most popular tourist destination for the Irish people, while the number of Irish tourists travelling to Thailand is growing by 4,000 - 5,000 per year.

Deputy Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Surapol Sa-wet-se-ra-nee (สุรพล เศวตเศรนี ) said Thailand has won the prize of Best Long Haul Destination in Asia and Australia, arranged by the Irish Travel Trade News. The prize was announced at the ITTN Award Presentation held in the Republic of Ireland. Under the survey conducted among members of the tourism industry of Ireland, Thailand received more votes than such countries as Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.

As for the Thai-Irish tourism situation, the TAT said the number of Irish visitors to Thailand shows a stable growth with 16,518 people coming during the first four months of last year, an increase of 14.48 percent from the same period of the year earlier. In 2005, over 50,000 Irish tourists travelled to Thailand. The number of Irish tourists to Thailand averagely increases by 4,000 – 5,000 annually.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 13 March 2007

Obviously they haven't read the ani-booze campaign thread! (Just kidding).

Steriotyping is assuming traits about all individuals based on a higher probability of having that trait from their race. This is morally wrong, unreliable and irrational. :o

Steriotyping is assuming traits about all individuals based on a higher probability of having that trait from their race. This is morally wrong, unreliable and irrational. :D

No Irish jokes either? :o:D

Steriotyping is assuming traits about all individuals based on a higher probability of having that trait from their race. This is morally wrong, unreliable and irrational. :o

Well as long as we're showing no sense of humour, may I point out that the Irish are also more used to bombings and perhaps are not bothered by them? :D

Well as long as we're showing no sense of humour, may I point out that the Irish are also more used to bombings and perhaps are not bothered by them? :D

Hilarious !

Thailand voted the most popular tourism destination by Irish people

Thailand has been the most popular tourist destination for the Irish people, while the number of Irish tourists travelling to Thailand is growing by 4,000 - 5,000 per year.

Deputy Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Surapol Sa-wet-se-ra-nee (สุรพล เศวตเศรนี ) said Thailand has won the prize of Best Long Haul Destination in Asia and Australia, arranged by the Irish Travel Trade News. The prize was announced at the ITTN Award Presentation held in the Republic of Ireland. Under the survey conducted among members of the tourism industry of Ireland, Thailand received more votes than such countries as Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.

As for the Thai-Irish tourism situation, the TAT said the number of Irish visitors to Thailand shows a stable growth with 16,518 people coming during the first four months of last year, an increase of 14.48 percent from the same period of the year earlier. In 2005, over 50,000 Irish tourists travelled to Thailand. The number of Irish tourists to Thailand averagely increases by 4,000 – 5,000 annually.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 13 March 2007

another confusing article, if I'm reading te whole article correctly then the title should read - Thailand the most popular Irish tourist destination "in Asia"

Hilarious !

With a pen name like that, now i find that hilarious.

Obviously there is a reason behind it, i only hope i,ve not commented out of place on it.

As a Yorkshire man who gets the occasional dig, A :D may be in order in both our cases.

We have to have a great and varied sense of humour also to keep our sanity.

So long as it doesn,t cross the boundaries of the serious stuff......then it,s out of order of course.

Stay coolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll out there.

marshbags :D

Edited by marshbags

Hilarious !

With a pen name like that, now i find that hilarious.

Obviously there is a reason behind it, i only hope i,ve not commented out of place on it.

As a Yorkshire man who gets the occasional dig, A :D may be in order in both our cases.

We have to have a great and varied sense of humour also to keep our sanity.

So long as it doesn,t cross the boundaries of the serious stuff......then it,s out of order of course.

Stay coolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll out there.

marshbags :D

OK maybe I overreacted but I get a bit sick of Irish bashing and felt that the OP didn't warrant cheap shots about booze and bombs. Also I was having a bad day. Thanks for your input Marshbags. I'm over it now.

The Irish know a good thing when they see it! Also, I believe that they are generally viewed more favourably by Immigration Authorities when it comes to Visa renewals and the reciprocal arrangements that exist between the two countries.

The Irish know a good thing when they see it! Also, I believe that they are generally viewed more favourably by Immigration Authorities when it comes to Visa renewals and the reciprocal arrangements that exist between the two countries.

maybe the irish could tell a few brits to start coming back. havent you noticed the lack of tatoos lately in your local?

I can categorically tell you that there are NO favours for Irish when it comes to getting visas.

I am now back in Ireland after being unable to renew my visa.

Its cold here!

Very cold!

And everyone keeps telling me how nice the weather is! AAAAgggghhhh