Two Nigerians arrested in Phuket over romance scam

webfact

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__140566539-1.jpg

Two Nigerian men have been arrested in Patong over an alleged romance scam.

Police have arrested 25 year old Nigerian man Okoro Ifeanyi Daniel. He is facing charges of possession or use of an electronic bank card of another person wrongfully in a manner likely to cause detriment to other persons (fraud), and being an alien who has stayed in the Kingdom without permission or with their permission expiring or being revoked.

A 23 year old Nigerian man, Ihegha Marcualey Ihiechri, has also been arrested. He is facing charges of being an alien staying in the Kingdom without permission or with their permission expiring or being revoked.

The victim in this particular romance scam has lost an estimated 500,000 baht.

01-1.jpg

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/two-nigerians-arrested-in-phuket-over-romance-scam

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-06-21

I feel sorry for people that have to use fake pictures to make somebody fall for them. And these are the guys that tells others they hav big things in their boxers. They are just a sorry bunch of whimps.

facing charges of possession or use of an electronic bank card of another person wrongfully in a manner likely to cause detriment to other persons

and the other one... He is facing charges of being an alien staying in the Kingdom without permission or with their permission expiring or being revoked.

interesting read! it appears the both guys were arrested for no clear reason. Perhaps just being Nigerians?

11 hours ago, jessebkk1 said:

facing charges of possession or use of an electronic bank card of another person wrongfully in a manner likely to cause detriment to other persons

My wife is always using my ATM card Ill grass her up next time 555

13 hours ago, jessebkk1 said:

and the other one... He is facing charges of being an alien staying in the Kingdom without permission or with their permission expiring or being revoked.

interesting read! it appears the both guys were arrested for no clear reason. Perhaps just being Nigerians?

Sarcasm or you didn't understand the story?

1 was arrested for fraud, stealing 500,000 baht, nothing to do with being Nigerian, the other one had no visa.

22 minutes ago, brianj1964 said:

Sarcasm or you didn't understand the story?

1 was arrested for fraud, stealing 500,000 baht, nothing to do with being Nigerian, the other one had no visa.

You are the one not reading the story. Someone lost 500,000 Baht and two other people were arrested for reasons unconnected with the lost money. There is nothing whatsoever in the write up that appears to clearly state what both these men have done. It's always good to speak up for injustice when you see it.

57 minutes ago, jessebkk1 said:

You are the one not reading the story. Someone lost 500,000 Baht and two other people were arrested for reasons unconnected with the lost money. There is nothing whatsoever in the write up that appears to clearly state what both these men have done. It's always good to speak up for injustice when you see it.

"Two Nigerians arrested in Phuket over romance scam
Did i misread the headline?

2 hours ago, jessebkk1 said:

"There is nothing whatsoever in the write up that appears to clearly state what both these men have done".

Really?  Did you miss this part, then?...

"Two Nigerian men have been arrested in Patong over an alleged romance scam".

20 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I feel sorry for people that have to use fake pictures to make somebody fall for them. And these are the guys that tells others they hav big things in their boxers. They are just a sorry bunch of whimps.

Do you understand what the romance scam is?

The Nigerian criminals are not trying to find love, they are trying to get suckers to fall for their fake ID, so they can steal their money.

They pay off other idiots to open bank accounts and give the scammers the cards to use to process their criminal takings.

33 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Do you understand what the romance scam is?

The Nigerian criminals are not trying to find love, they are trying to get suckers to fall for their fake ID, so they can steal their money.

They pay off other idiots to open bank accounts and give the scammers the cards to use to process their criminal takings.

My post was supposed to be read with sarcastic humour. I am sorry you missed that.

I do know what a romance scam is and how it works. Thanks for the info anyway, and have a great day.

Well, imagine that! I'm surprised the Thais even bother giving out visa for Nigerians any more as I've never hear a positive story about any of them. :coffee1: 

21 hours ago, jessebkk1 said:

Nor just because they're from Nigerian. Have you never heard of romance scams? And being there on no, or a fake visa, plus having an ATM card they're using from another person seem to be reason enough, don't you think? 

25 minutes ago, Brigand said:

Well, imagine that! I'm surprised the Thais even bother giving out visa for Nigerians any more as I've never hear a positive story about any of them. :coffee1: 

There is one 3 doors down, never comes out of the house, has tesco deliver stuff and the pizza man. curtains are closed 24/7. Seen him about 6 times in 4 years when the car goes by. Looks like he's up to no good.

Mrs is all for reporting him to immigration, but I saw no because at least he does not have a bloody dog barking all day like all the Thai residents.

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

My post was supposed to be read with sarcastic humour. I am sorry you missed that.

I do know what a romance scam is and how it works. Thanks for the info anyway, and have a great day.

If you disguise your sarcasm to a point where it is unrecognizable as such, you just come across as the dummy.

Good sarcasm is an art which you don't seem to have quite grasped.

You have a great day also.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

If you disguise your sarcasm to a point where it is unrecognizable as such, you just come across as the dummy.

Good sarcasm is an art which you don't seem to have quite grasped.

You have a great day also.

Unregognizable for you appearently. You are the only one reacting on my quote this way. Two others seem to have understood it perfectly. 

However, you do not sit behind a keyboard on this forum and calling me a dummy, or any other degrading words. We just let it slip this time.

Archived