Transfer of "Retirement Extension" and "Re-Entry Permit" from old (now invalid) to new (now valid) Passport

I am a German National and entered Thailand in August 2018 with a "Non Immigrant O" Visa, one entry.  In November 2018 I received in Chonburi Immigration an "Extension of stay" based on Retirement until 14 November 2019. Also I got a "Multiple Re-Entry Permit" until 14 November 2019.

The old passport with this stamps (Non-Immigrant-O, Extension of stay, Multiple Re-Entry") was valid until 18. September 2022. This "old" passport still contain around 10 free pages. But my old passport was slightly damaged. Entries at the borders to different countries in the last years was always approved (despite the damage). But at two border crossings the immigration officers adviced me to better exchange this (slightly) damaged Passport.

In May 2019 I left (with my old passport) Thailand and travelled to Germany. To avoid future discussions and problems I applied for a new passport (valid until 2029). I received my new passport in May 2019. Logically my new passport is empty, without any stamps.

Upon delivery of my "new" passport the responsible German authority (in Germany) invalidated my "old" passport (They cut a small piece of one corner of the identity page). The invalid passport was returned to me. The Thai stamps are not damaged, and also the identity page of the "old" passport is clearly readable.

Next week I will travel back to Thailand. My questions:

1. Will the "Extension of Stay based on Retirement" and "Multiple Re-Entry Permit" transferred from the old (now invalid) Passport to the new (valid) Passport?

2. (If yes): How does the transfer work?

3. (If no): How can I apply for a new "Non Immigrant-O" Visa (1 entry) ? Still possible to manage this process in Thailand and adjoining countries? It will be difficult to manage this process in Germany before my departure to Thailand (Thai Embassy in Germany is very far etc).

Edited by Luckyman999
forget something

1. The are all still valid. You will need to show both passports on entry to the country to use your re-entry permit in you old passport and they will stamp you into the country in your new one.

2. You go to your local immigration office and request the stamps be transferred from your old passport. They will do a stamp with spaces for info about the old passport and the visa you used to get the entry you have been extending.

Dependent upon the office you go to you may need to contact the German embassy to get a letter requesting your stamps be transferred to your new passport.

• Like 1