Well done Ford!

I have a Ford Wildtrack 3.2. Today, on our shopping trip to Prachuap Khiri Khan, suddenly the engine error light came on and the car lost power. It would move, but acceleration was slow and didn't rev over 3000rpm. I immediately suspected the turbo, and was thinking it will be expensive trip.

So, instead of Makro, we went to the Ford dealer down the highway. They immediately diagnosed the problem as a broken hose from the intercooler to the engine intake. I was happy, thinking a few thousand baht instead of of 20k+ for a new turbo. Then the girl told us that she extended the warranty on the car to 5 years ( I had the car for 4.5) and the repairs would be free! Total happiness!

I thought it would be a happy post in all the current gloom and misery....  Thank you Ford! That's what I call customer service!

I just got a new wildtrack, 5 year warranty and 5 year free service, ie 1 free service per year. 

ford has really picked up its game and already second best selling truck in AU with the new 2019 range, it will do even better, mine is 2.0l bio diesel turbo and just as powerful as yours, may be slightly less.

1 minute ago, SpaceKadet said:

They didn't have to extend the 5 year warranty to the older models, but it's nice if they did.

Like i said, Ford has really turning things around and taking over the market;)

3 hours ago, transam said:

Did the lady tell you you have a 5 year warranty or did she fix the system for a free repair...?

I am not sure, because the conversation was through my wife. But in the end I was told I now have 5 years warranty on the car.

3 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

I am not sure, because the conversation was through my wife. But in the end I was told I now have 5 years warranty on the car.

Cool. as you only have a few months left I would go over it with a fine tooth comb....

6 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Makes a nice change to see a positive post about Ford
Still not my thing but there you go......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Not if you go to Pattaya dealer, Bangkok confirmed many customers come to Pattaya because of terrible sales and service, and yet Ford has done nothing Pattaya dealer. Go figure ????

Maybe it's me but I look at it a different way. Ford are trying anything to improve sales as they arnt that reliable in the first place. 4.5 years and having trouble already, albeit a simple fix.  I'm now on my 3rd new Toyota and never had a problem. My last Tuna was almost 9 years old when I sold it, I never had to even change a light bulb on that. New batteries yes but that's normal here.

14 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Maybe it's me but I look at it a different way. Ford are trying anything to improve sales as they arnt that reliable in the first place. 4.5 years and having trouble already, albeit a simple fix.  I'm now on my 3rd new Toyota and never had a problem. My last Tuna was almost 9 years old when I sold it, I never had to even change a light bulb on that. New batteries yes but that's normal here.

If you drive new ranger and compare it to toyota or any other make, you will know the difference.

Not if you go to Pattaya dealer, Bangkok confirmed many customers come to Pattaya because of terrible sales and service, and yet Ford has done nothing Pattaya dealer. Go figure [emoji846]
Way to put a negative spin on a positive post, well done......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, BestB said:

If you drive new ranger and compare it to toyota or any other make, you will know the difference.

True, with the Toyota you can drive with confidence that it will get you there...As for the Ford.....ball.gif.62b34d7e5f153db29e53792ee099b13d.gif

Just now, transam said:

True, with the Toyota you can drive with confidence that it will get you there...As for the Ford.....ball.gif.62b34d7e5f153db29e53792ee099b13d.gif

Can also walk it, with confidence but time would not be as enjoyable 

14 hours ago, BestB said:

Yes I totally agree with you there. You'll spend more time in the garage, getting it sorted. But if that's your cup of tea enjoy.

20 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Maybe I drive it to hard! 200bhp is fun to play with! And the transmission has a Sport and manual shift. Well used in my case. As well as some off-road.

1 hour ago, SpaceKadet said:

Maybe I drive it to hard! 200bhp is fun to play with! And the transmission has a Sport and manual shift. Well used in my case. As well as some off-road.

My last Tuna had been race chipped +++ and it would fly. I also used the power as there were no cameras about when I had it.

Even so I never had 1 problem in the 9 years I had it. Must tell you something.

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Which is easy fixed.....Have look at my old thread.."Cheap diesel performance"..

Agree, it's easy to chip it (it would be much better to remap the ECU), but I kept it standard as I was happy with the performance for what the truck was intended to be used for, a "grocery getter" and wife transporter... ????

On the other hand, if I had a 370z or a Supra......

8 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

As usual the Ford bashers have jumped in ????

They are all pretty reliable these days.. Plus all breeds throw up a dud occasionally, be it Toyota, Honda, Ford or whatever.

please Carlos there is a reason for this and touch wood we haven't had it. we have a 1.6S Fiesta from new and a lot of people have had horrendous problems with the auto box. so we have gone from 1 yr warranty on box to 5 then 10 so no smoke without fire. then you have the problems with the Raptor auto box, people are going mad over this. from what I've been reading I would never buy a raptor.

10 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

please Carlos there is a reason for this and touch wood we haven't had it. we have a 1.6S Fiesta from new and a lot of people have had horrendous problems with the auto box. so we have gone from 1 yr warranty on box to 5 then 10 so no smoke without fire. then you have the problems with the Raptor auto box, people are going mad over this. from what I've been reading I would never buy a raptor.

The problems with the raptor box was in the first batch of cars. Do you have information that suggests newly produced cars are still having the same problem?

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

The problems with the raptor box was in the first batch of cars. Do you have information that suggests newly produced cars are still having the same problem?

No he doesn't.

Shortly after release in Thailand, four brand-new Ranger Raptor's had transmission issues within a few days of purchase.

All four vehicles were completely replaced with brand-new Ranger Raptors. No warranty work, no arguments, just total vehicle replacement at absolutely no cost to the new owners.

Non-story ends.

Archived