Jump to content

Chuan warns MPs to be honest, to not abuse their privileges


rooster59

Recommended Posts

Chuan warns MPs to be honest, to not abuse their privileges

 

fcf8b774efe8770ff27c55a13e2aa08b54c48985ff1e76c7081f6356c7149e0f.jpg

 

Members of parliament have been told by House speaker Chuan Leekpai to be honest in the performance of their duty, in compliance with ethical standards. They must refrain from abusing their privileges and The Speaker warned them that their malpractices may return to haunt them in the future.

 

Regarding MP air and train travel perks, Mr. Chuan warned MPs not to let other people use them in their place or to refuse to pay airlines or travel agencies for air tickets, as some former MPs did before to the point that the companies complained in writing to parliament to demand the outstanding air fares.

 

He further reminded the MPs of the etiquette of boarding a passenger plane, saying that they should not be late or make the plane wait for them. MPs also shouldn’t let other people use their right to free travel on Transport Company’s bus services or bother Thai embassies when they make overseas study or inspection trips and to be aware of the proper dress code when attending formal social functions.

 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chuan-warns-mps-to-be-honest-to-not-abuse-their-privileges/

 

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-06-22
Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Members of parliament have been told by House speaker Chuan Leekpai to be honest in the performance of their duty, in compliance with ethical standards. They must refrain from abusing their privileges and The Speaker warned them that their malpractices may return to haunt them in the future.

"May" may not as well, wasted words............................

Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Members of parliament have been told by House speaker Chuan Leekpai to be honest in the performance of their duty, in compliance with ethical standards. They must refrain from abusing their privileges and The Speaker warned them that their malpractices may return to haunt them in the future.

That's the funniest thing I've read all day, I like a bit of humour!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You just gotta laugh at Chuan coming out with comments like that.

Wants MPs to be honest:cheesy::cheesy: AND REFRAIN FROM ABUSING THEIR PRIVILEGES, absolutely priceless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"They must refrain from abusing their privileges and The Speaker warned them that their malpractices may return to haunt them in the future".

 

Yeah, that will go over well as a tremendously, big deterrent.

Works for everyone else now doesn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so stupendously absurd, given the context of a treasonous coup, a constant, constant, constant delay of the 'election', the gerrymandering that ensured, the rigging of the election, the rigging of the system of apportioning seats, the totally biased and one-sided persecution of politicians that the junta dislikes .... on and on and on - and this clown is saying 'Now, please, good ladies and gentlemen, remember to be honest. We are all Good People, so ethics are important for us. Thank you, my honourable ladies and gentlemen.'

 

The absolute hypocrisy - indeed, reality-detachment, to levels of SERIOUS mental illness (nothing less than that) - is stunning in this truly sick, sick culture.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems Chuan forgot how he even got the job. There is little honesty in claiming in the campaign to not vote for Prayuth, and his party's actions after the fact. Or in other words, utter hypocrite. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This advice falls on a totally infertile terrain!
And then why do these characters who take very high wages for doing nothing also have privileges they always and shamelessly use?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What! No crock tops, jeans and tattoos when being greeted by foreign diplomats at the airport ?

 

Almost forgot. No Mia noi's tagging along ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Eligius said:

This is so stupendously absurd, given the context of a treasonous coup, a constant, constant, constant delay of the 'election', the gerrymandering that ensured, the rigging of the election, the rigging of the system of apportioning seats, the totally biased and one-sided persecution of politicians that the junta dislikes .... on and on and on - and this clown is saying 'Now, please, good ladies and gentlemen, remember to be honest. We are all Good People, so ethics are important for us. Thank you, my honourable ladies and gentlemen.'

 

The absolute hypocrisy - indeed, reality-detachment, to levels of SERIOUS mental illness (nothing less than that) - is stunning in this truly sick, sick culture.

Yeah. It’s so absurd it even boggles the general Thai person’s mind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Other countries do not even provide such perks and priviledges. If an MP has to travel, the tickets are provided for by a central travel agency incorporated in the government house. Aviation travel would have to be on Thai Airways anyway so get TG to take care of it - problem solved!

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

to be honest in the performance of their duty, in compliance with ethical standards.

...said the man whose own erstwhile government fell after a major corruption scandal had come to light.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, problem solved then ... next.

 

In a country where being “tricky” is high praise, it’s unlikely that any of the tricksters even think they are doing anything immoral.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is amazing they can say all these things with straight face.  The delusions these people are under goes far beyond anything drug induced.  Considering the source, it is laughable, and considering there is a need for this to even be said is beyond imagination.   An epic breakdown of appropriateness. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Chuan warns MPs to be honest, to not abuse their privileges

Huh? They just started their jobs and they are being warned already?

Not even a month yet...

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Regarding MP air and train travel perks, Mr. Chuan warned MPs not to let other people use them in their place or to refuse to pay airlines or travel agencies for air tickets, as some former MPs did before to the point that the companies complained in writing to parliament to demand the outstanding air fares.

Are these cases of " Do you know who I am " or what .. Jeez you gotta have some front to book a plane ticket and then not pay for it .. And I bet they maxed out on the freebie inflight nibbles and drink .. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to have a lot of respect for this man when he was PM and I still think he was the most honest PM that Thailand had so far - but even he stumbled over the corrupt, thieving bastards a la Suthep in his own party and government. After these last few weeks I am not sure what to think about him. - But I still have hope that Chuan will come through one day soon when the country needs an honest person to take a decision that might go against the scoundrels who have taken over this country! Time will tell!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...