super rich

harry94

I will need to visit Super rich to change bahts into pounds , i will be at soi 11 friendly building not far from Nana hotel .

can some one give me simple directions may be using sky train ,i have been to their site but cannot make head nor tail of it .

Many thanks .

• Confused 1

Thanks blackcab i see by the map it is opposite Nana station . I want to change 400000 baht to pounds

would that be possible , with a copy of my passport .I do not want to travel back to the Uk and get on the

radar of Uk customs by having to much cash . I think ten grand is the upper limit .

19 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Thanks blackcab i see by the map it is opposite Nana station . I want to change 400000 baht to pounds

would that be possible , with a copy of my passport .I do not want to travel back to the Uk and get on the

radar of Uk customs by having to much cash . I think ten grand is the upper limit .

I've found money exchangers are quite happy to exchange 100,000 baht for other currencies. 400,000 baht may bring you on to the radar of local authorities. Safer to exchange at four different shops.

A passport copy is a bit of a punt, the original passport may be preferred.

400,000 baht to pounds will be no problem. There is no need to go to separate exchanges - I have exchanged considerably more than that without any concerns at all. At today's rate Super Rich (Head Office) would give you 10,075.56 pounds. Vasu would give you 10,088.27. Of course the rate might well change tomorrow so please check.

Be advised that Vasu on Soi 7/1 buy and sell currency. Most Super Rich branches buy currency only - they have no foreign currency for sale. You would have to go to Super Rich Head Office in order to buy, which is a 5-10 minute walk from BTS Chidlom. Click the link below to find them on google maps:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@13.7484088,100.5415571,3a,75y,159.34h,87.47t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sDB5FJhtjNLXhMRqAY1Wmmg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Incidentally, the cash reporting limit for the UK is 10,000 Euros or the equivalent in any currency, as the aggregate of all currency you carry. 10,000 Euros is about 350,000 baht or about 8,955 pounds. If you are cutting it fine then check before you fly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Blackcab thank you for the info , would i need to phone first or just turn up, yes you are right 10,000 euros is

the limit , Thanks for the help .

I would recommend, that you call first. About superrich, they only have good rates at the main branches (Head Quarter) and Silom Branch.

6 hours ago, harry94 said:

Blackcab thank you for the info , would i need to phone first or just turn up

Just turn up. They won't even bat an eyelid at 400,000 baht.

Even if you speak good enough Thai, they are not going to tell you the volume of the currencies they hold in stock. They will just tell you to come in to the branch.

I've found money exchangers are quite happy to exchange 100,000 baht for other currencies. 400,000 baht may bring you on to the radar of local authorities. Safer to exchange at four different shops.

Nonsense. I change around 300,000 baht to USD often at Supperich in Chiang Mai, Loy Khroh road. No surprise but they always have that much on hand I never call ahead to verify as I am paranoid to alert the local “authorities” that somebody is en route with 300,000 in a bum bag. No problems. Original passport is required.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, harry94 said:

Blackcab thank you for the info , would i need to phone first or just turn up, yes you are right 10,000 euros is

the limit , Thanks for the help .

is the limit, but if you declare it to the costums then no problem

14 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Do you mean in terms of suspicious transaction alerts? I'd say it looks far more suspicious changing it in four different transactions than one big one if you ever did end up on their radar. 

The Bank of Thailand's Anti Money Laundering (AML) threshold for currency exchange walk in customers without an account (that's just about everyone) is 700,000 baht.

Under that amount no reporting is required. Over that amount a report should be made by the currency exchange company.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, harry94 said:

I will need to visit Super rich to change bahts into pounds , i will be at soi 11 friendly building not far from Nana hotel .

can some one give me simple directions may be using sky train ,i have been to their site but cannot make head nor tail of it .

Many thanks .

Their website has directions, phone number, the full address in English and FAQs...https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en/contact.  Not difficult to understand!

Bts to Chidlom, turn right at Rajdamri Road, turn right into Rajdamri Soi 2 or Soi 1, they both go to the same place, the HO is opposite Kasikorn Bank.

6 hours ago, blackcab said:

The Bank of Thailand's Anti Money Laundering (AML) threshold for currency exchange walk in customers without an account (that's just about everyone) is 700,000 baht.

Under that amount no reporting is required. Over that amount a report should be made by the currency exchange company.

B800,000 limit at Superrich.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

Nonsense. I change around 300,000 baht to USD often at Supperich in Chiang Mai, Loy Khroh road. No surprise but they always have that much on hand I never call ahead to verify as I am paranoid to alert the local “authorities” that somebody is en route with 300,000 in a bum bag. No problems. Original passport is required.

No need to be snarky, I'm just volunteering an opinion. If you don't like it, I have others.

• Confused 1

On 6/23/2019 at 6:14 PM, Lacessit said:

A passport copyThey will want to see your passport at vasu is a bit of a punt, the original passport may be preferred.

They will want to see your passport at Vasu

• 2 months later...

SuperRich MARKED my US$100 Bills... <deleted> ??

First of all... it's technically illegal: 
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/president-obama-wont-sign-dollar-bill-noting-its-a-crime

I found out because the cashier asked me WHERE I was using the money US dollar bills. In retrospect, Fiat Currency is universal so why should it matter where I use it? Anyway, my next trip was to Bali so I told him.

He replied immediately that suddenly there is a HIGHER RATE than what is quoted on his exchange board if the US dollars will be spent in: Bali, Myanmar, Maldives.... <deleted>??? 

So then I told him, I will not be using the bills in either of these 3 countries. With which he replied that he will be marking the bills, with a rubber stamp he has specifically to mark the bills he cashes out to me. <deleted>?... that technically illegal! 

I didn’t have time to argue with him, and his explanation was in Thai so neither did I understand why... and of course I preferred the better exchange rate, so I accepted the marked bills. 

However, why is SuperRich doing this? Especially when it’s ILLEGAL!

(See the marks that SuperRich made in the images attached...)

Marked USD Bills.jpg