Documentation to sell car

FracturedRabbit

Sold a couple of cars over the years and have just needed to provide a copy of my passport and sign a form.

Went to a place where they test cars and then take the documents to the transport office to get your tax, and they also offer a service to transfer a car. Gave them a copy of my passport and signed the form, but then they told me that, as the seller, I also need the certificate of residence from immigration. Can anyone confirm that this is now a requirement for the seller?

Thanks.

Has been for years.
Yes for Pattaya/Chonburi you need a residence certificate to sell as well as buy...in some other provinces its said to not be required....easy to get from Jomtien immigration 300 baht and 20 minutes waiting...but check they get your details correct before leaving the office.

Will want to sell my car next year before leaving Thailand. Anyone suggest a place that buys second-hand cars quickly and easily. Not too bothered about haggling about price as don't know what prices are, just looking for reliable easy place. Cheers.

Archived