Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

51 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

It is you who needs to educate yourself!

The reason we have not already left the EU has nothing to do with the European Parliament, it is because British MPs in the British Parliament blocked our exit for their own party political and personal ambition reasons.

None of which has anything to do with or can be affected by the European Parliament. Even if that Parliament were to vote on any final deal, the minority of Brexit party MEPs therein would have negligible effect on that vote.

OK, Farage formed the Brexit party to show how much support there still remains in the UK for Brexit. But this aim was achieved by the results of the election. His point was made, and would only be emphasised by he and his members refusing to turn up to the Parliament to take their seats.

I would not agree with them, but would respect them had they done that.

But instead they did turn up. The only reason for so doing being to collect their salaries, expenses and qualify for their MEP pensions. Not to mention the compensation for being removed early from their MEP positions when Brexit does finally happen.

They are in it for the money; were they not then they would not have taken up their seats. Which would have been a far more honest and effective protest than childishly turning their backs. But had they done the honest thing, they would not be getting any money!

Your hero Farage certainly respects, or at least loves, the vast amounts of British taxpayers money he's received via the EU over the years. Thanks to Rees-Mogg and others delaying Brexit, he's going to get a whole lot more!

Odd how you believe one man's opinion when it confirms your prejudices, but ignore the numerous facts which confound them!

Actually, not odd at all; it's to be expected from you and many of your fellow Brexiteers.

"The reason we have not already left the EU has nothing to do with the European Parliament, it is because British MPs in the British Parliament blocked our exit for their own party political and personal ambition reasons."

Sadly, I agree with this point - although probably for different reasons than those of 7by7.

Brexit MEPs standing and turning their back whilst the eu anthem was being played is a childish, unnecessary exaggeration IMO.  They should have just remained seated.

I like the emojis available here,

I use some of them to irritate people, or/and when I have no valuable factors to answer a post. 

Pretty sure I am not the only one. 

Edited by luckyluke
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

"The reason we have not already left the EU has nothing to do with the European Parliament, it is because British MPs in the British Parliament blocked our exit for their own party political and personal ambition reasons."

Sadly, I agree with this point - although probably for different reasons than those of 7by7.

Brexit MEPs standing and turning their back whilst the eu anthem was being played is a childish, unnecessary exaggeration IMO.  They should have just remained seated.

They were seated Dick, they were asked to stand by one of the EU bigwigs and I paraphrase "respect the States National Anthem"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Despite posting the picture yesterday (posted to counter a ref to the Nazi era) I too feel they'd have been more dignified in remaining seated & facing the front. Those kids (musicians) performing live deserved to be respected even if Junker & Co didn't.

It did not make comfortable viewing for me.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Interestingly a case claiming that UK left on 29 March has unearthed a number of points including one that says May's extension beyond that date was illegal and has explained why.

MSM are avoiding the entire shooting match but thankfully haven't succeeded in preventing detail reaching the public.

Link?

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

They were seated Dick, they were asked to stand by one of the EU bigwigs and I paraphrase "respect the States National Anthem"

"Paraphrase."

Do you have the actual words used? Other than Farage's own paraphrasing, that is.

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

"Paraphrase."

Do you have the actual words used? Other than Farage's own paraphrasing, that is.

Hows about The Guardians own version of it, I trust this will be enough to satisfy your doubts, or not. He did use the expression country though.

"The European parliament’s president, Antonio Tajani, rebuked those MEPs who did not immediately get to their feet. “[It] is a question of respect; it doesn’t mean that you necessarily share the views of the European Union. If you listen to the anthem of another country you rise to your feet.”"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/02/brexit-party-meps-turn-their-backs-european-anthem-ode-to-joy

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

22 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Interestingly a case claiming that UK left on 29 March has unearthed a number of points including one that says May's extension beyond that date was illegal and has explained why.

MSM are avoiding the entire shooting match but thankfully haven't succeeded in preventing detail reaching the public.

Link?

Having had a quick Google, as well as articles in legal journals I have also turned up many MSM articles discussing this; from the BBC via the Telegraph to the Sun. So much for yet another false claim about the MSM ignoring pro Brexit events!

All of these articles agree that the government had the power to extend Article 50 by means of a Statutory Instrument; which they did. This SI, like any other, could have been debated and overturned by MPs; but they chose not to do so, accepting it instead.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2019 at 7:49 PM, mvsaraburi said:

typical Remoaner running down the UK.  After the glorious no-deal brexit, delivered by the Churchillian Boris du Pfeffle Johnson, the British Empire will rise on endless exports of jam, fish and chips, Morris Minors and good old-fashioned british spunk.   the pound will be worth 100 baht, we'll get our own special lane at immigration requiring no TM-6 and all the best hi-so Thai women will be paying us Sinsod for the privilege of marrying a plucky post-brexit Brit.

..wishful thinking but then you awakened from your dream.

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

It's far more sporting for you to find the updates yourself 49 like I chose to do every morning

So, yet again, like many Brexiteers here, you fail to provide any evidence to substantiate your claims!

You made the claim, it is up to you to provide the evidence.

However, you can't do so because as can be seen from my previous, and substantiated by anyone who can use Google, your claim was false.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vogie said:

Why would they listen to eu bigwigs telling them to stand for "the States National Anthem"?!

I still think it would have made the point (without going unnecessarily OTT) if they had just remained seated.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Your ignorance of it does not mean it doesn't exist!

Click on the link.

I did. Not an official Scouting Association site or song!

It's a big NO from me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Why would they listen to eu bigwigs telling them to stand for "the States National Anthem"?!

I still think it would have made the point (without going unnecessarily OTT) if they had just remained seated.

Agree. They could have all just read the papers.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So, yet again, like many Brexiteers here, you fail to provide any evidence to substantiate your claims!

You made the claim, it is up to you to provide the evidence.

However, you can't do so because as can be seen from my previous, and substantiated by anyone who can use Google, your claim was false.

Quite a few links have been provided on various threads re. this ongoing court case, but I do agree that it's very hard to find via MSM ☹️.

Googling 'robin tilbrook court case' is the place to start.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I find it extremely amazing that not one remainer has mentioned how disrespectful the Lib/Dems were wearing their 'blox to democracy' T Shirts, I would have thought that wearing such an item of apparel would be totally inappropiate. Can any remainers comment on why this is being ignored, but The Brexit Partys action is getting total attention.

Here is a photo of Guy Verhofstadt with his cheerleaders.

IMG_20190703_093241.jpg

Even Toofy doesn't look that impressed!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

I find it extremely amazing that not one remainer has mentioned how disrespectful the Lib/Dems were wearing their 'blox to democracy' T Shirts, I would have thought that wearing such an item of apparel would be totally inappropiate. Can any remainers comment on why this is being ignored, but The Brexit Partys action is getting total attention.

Here is a photo of Guy Verhofstadt with his cheerleaders.

IMG_20190703_093241.jpg

Wouldn't it funny if security came and threw them out and they got told NOT to come back again 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1