Confused about leaving with a new/old passports

I have just got a new passport and my Non-0 1yr visa multiple entry is in my old passport. This visa expires in a couple of weeks and I plan to leave to get a new one. I am confused as to my need to transfer this visa to my new passport before I leave or if I can leave from the airport by showing both passport?

I ask because my time frames are short and I was told by my local immigration office that they don't do this and the I need to go to Bangkok to get it done.

If I don't really need a trip to Bangkok to do something that isn't necessary, I would rather not.

Please advise me if I can leave at the airport without this transfer or if I am setting myself for a world of immigration hurt, I would deeply appreciate.

I am a simple man, so please, simple answer that won't confuse me more.

TIA!!! 

Edited by Freddie G
error

You can leave the country showing both passports and they will transfer you most recent entry stamp from your old passport to your new one and stamp you out of the country in it.

Visas are not transferred.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I collected my new UK passport a few weeks ago and along with my passport was given a letter asking the Thai immigration to transfer my details into my new passport Buriram Immigration only ten minutes away. 

Went immigration next day they transferred all details including last border run and date it expires, cost 500 baht but now everything's in new passport.

4 hours ago, Dave Sabino said:

I collected my new UK passport a few weeks ago and along with my passport was given a letter asking the Thai immigration to transfer my details into my new passport Buriram Immigration only ten minutes away. 

Went immigration next day they transferred all details including last border run and date it expires, cost 500 baht but now everything's in new passport.

I did mine at Chaengwattana and it was free. 

• Like 1