Bike stops but pick-up is not so smart at railway crossing in Thailand

Bike stops but pick-up is not so smart at railway crossing in Thailand

Screenshot 2562-06-28 at 09.48.37.png

Image: Screenshot

CCTV made into a short video by Thai Rath showed the moment a motorcyclist looked on perplexed as a pick-up driver went straight through a railway crossing with the barrier down. 

The result was an instant smash with an oncoming train. 

The incident happened on Wednesday evening in front of the temple of Wat Yai Thasao in Uttaradit in the north of Thailand.

Thai Rath said that the accident resulted in injury without giving further details.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-28

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Looking at the pic, it seems like the train passed the crossing already. Pic up driver probably had an urgent delivery to make.

At the instant he sees the train, I suspect there was an urgent bodily function he needed to make!

Train spotting Thai style and reminds me of a video where the barriers were down the train was passing at least 5 cartridges past the crossing and a pickup drove through the barrier into the side of the train ????

5 minutes ago, ezzra said:

What do you expect from the driver whose IQ is about the same as the PSI tire pressure on his pickup...

is that why they pump their tyres up to 70 psi!

Love the reaction of the guy on the bike, the same sort of reaction i do now too.

i think the IQ of many of thaivisa poster needs  bringing into question, some of the posts i read, what a dick of a train driver, didnt he see the pick up, why the hell didnt he swerve around it, (me thai) lol

We can just conclude that the man driving was not the smartest knife in the box. However, I am glad to hear that it just resulted in injuries, though.

That means, with so clear picture evidence, they can send an constaple to the hospital and fine him for driving on the wrong side of the road.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

The missing Thai gene , spacial awareness. Don't look , won't look ,

can't look.

And from the video it's obvious the train is very close when the pick up driver starts driving across the rail line, plus there would be typical, not quiet, train noises and probably loud horn sounds from the train. Plus the barrier bells and lights are probably active at that moment. 

I wonder if the pickup driver was talking or texting on the phone?

Like other members I have several outer circle family members who do this stuff (drive around the barrier that's already down and more) all the time. Which is why my Thai son and his wife refuse to get into the vehicles and have banned their kids from getting into the vehicles of several family members.

Response to that is that my son is rude. The danger factor is ignored. 

One other old Thai dragon aunty does this at rail crossings, when confronted her response is - it's up to me, I don't allow anybody to tell me what to do, and she's serious.

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

One other old Thai dragon aunty does this at rail crossings, when confronted her response is - it's up to me, I don't allow anybody to tell me what to do, and she's serious.

An old saying. You cant educate a Haddock.

Archived