Windows 10 product key only license

ETatBKK

hi there

usually Windows 10 license comes in with a boxset and an USB.  just recently found some retailers selling Windows 10 license ( and Microsoft Office license ) with product key only.  my question - are they genuine licensed version of Windows 10 ?  I called Microsoft this morning and the answer was very unclear !

I have couple of boxset / USB licenses with me, a product key actually is far more easy to manage and it does the job.

thanks and cheers

windows 10 pro online license.jpg

Impossible to say if they will be genuine or just not working. Are a lot of false Windows licenses for sale online.

My advice is to buy your license from a thrustworthy site. I know it costs a little bit more, but buting fake licenses will do that too, and also will be extremely irritating.

thanks guys

I look for genuine license.  with product key only online purchase, I save a long trip to the shop for the boxset, and I have the license now.  these product key only license available on Banana IT, JIB, IT City . . .

the Windows 10 Pro boxset / USB RETAILS FPP is at THB7190, the license only at the same price.

the Windows 10 Home boxset / USB RETAILS FPP is at THB4350, the license only is at THB4090.

let me check if they are OEM ????

Totally agree, also I don't know anyone who has bought win10 outright from a box, just way too expensive, OEM are fine I have never had an issue with them, worst case scenario you can buy a win7 OEM for few dollars then use the upgrade to win10, just annoying to install win7 then install win10, I think it's a waste of time for a few dollars, 

2 hours ago, losworld said:

I wouldn't bet many windows in thailand are genuine unless you order online from microsoft.  Do what most of the thai shops do and install a crack lol.

The majority of these keys are legit and come from countries in Europe that are not restricted in the selling of valid licences. There are OEMs out there but there are also retail versions; these are the ones you should go for. Proof that the keys are good is by either the builtin activation method or by phone; both work. At least they have for me, absolutely no doubt there are rogues out there.

If you do decide to use them, (I have used them for about a dozen installs on private PCs with no problems) make sure the source of your downloaded OS is from Microsoft. Easiest way to do this is using the media creation tool and make a boot-able USB in case you ever need it again.

And just to emphasize, (this is important) make sure your source is good for the OS. 

My two Win 10 Pro licenses and three MS Office 2016 licenses I bought off Ebay several years ago for about $10 each are working fine.  The Win 10 licenses are retail vs OEM licenses.  The Ebay seller emailed the license numbers after I bought the licenses, I downloaded the software, and installed/activated no problem. Oh yea, this particular Ebay seller was based in Spain....had sold over 1000 of these licenses according to Ebay and his Ebay satisfaction rating was north of 99%.  

image.png.a0996ebf7e1d526778420942d24b0b64.png

thanks guys

seems the best way is still buying such product-key-license online from a known source overseas.  it is not about rather it is Euro10 or THB4,090, but I don't want to pay THB4,090 for a fake license.

I already have packs of boxset / USB licenses with me, and I know how to get a working W10 image from Microsoft; it is by far more convenient getting a product-key-license when need.

Archived