10 mbps in Pattaya, worth it?

prb

Located in Pattaya, I'm currently on DTAC at 4 mbps unlimited.

Quite satisfied, even tough it could be better.

Will i notice a real difference if I upgrade to 10 mbps next month or the mobile infrastructure in Pattaya is already at limits with 4 mbps.

I'm asking because one time i did a one day unlimited speed and if i remember well, the speedtest results were only slightly better than with the 4 mbps but maybe someone has done more extensive testing.

Edited by prb

1 hour ago, prb said:

Will i notice a real difference if I upgrade to 10 mbps

You'll get 10mbps instead of the 4mbps you have now so should notice it? I can just about stream HD IPTV on it. Only you can test it. Depends where you are in relation to the cell tower. Personally I have had 10mbps everywhere I have been with DTAC.

As you have suggested, when the 4 Mbps package runs out, test a small full speed pack.

Say a 100 MB volume pack, costing 10 baht incl., just to run a speed test Press *104*851*9# dial

If you get more than 10 Mbps at your location, then 10 Mbps is a viable option for you.

The benefits will be the ability to stream Full HD video more smoothly and off course if you choose to download your media, faster downloads, as up to 1.25 MB/s. Of course quicker uploading too.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gaviny said:

I just signed up today on a 1996 baht 10mbps Unlimited Data for 3 months..they tell me it's a promotion till end of the month.
I left Ais as they no longer have unlimited data on their 6 month plan , it's now only 25G.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That used to be 1300 + VAT equalling 1391 baht. Now 1865 + VAT?

23 minutes ago, gaviny said:

I presume so he took 2000baht from me and never gave me change , I just saw the 4 baht credit on my phone app.

You could have done it yourself, by entering the code. *104*598#

Looking at the latest pricing, it appears that the price is currently 1926 baht. So it looks at if he topped up 1930 baht and took your 70 baht for his time. ????

90 day DTAC packages:

Unlimited 1 Mbps *104*591# 802.50 baht

Unlimited 4 Mbps *104*594# 1284 baht

Unlimited 10 Mbps *104*598# 1926 baht

Edited by JamJar

Lol thanks for the advice, will do as you say next time.

You could have done it yourself, by entering the code. *104*598#

Looking at the latest pricing, it appears that the price is currently 1926 baht. So it looks at if he topped up 1930 baht and took your 70 baht for his time. [emoji846]

90 day DTAC packages:

Unlimited 1 Mbps *104*591# 802.50 baht
Unlimited 4 Mbps *104*594# 1284 baht
Unlimited 10 Mbps *104*598# 1926 baht

On 7/6/2019 at 9:42 AM, gaviny said:

After using DTac for a few days , all I can say is their coverage out here in Sakeo Province is nowhere as good as Aid , too many dead spots whilst travelling from.here to Aranyapratet.

If you have an AIS SIM registered before the 1st of March, they have the same 10 Mbps package available, at the same price.

It all depends on how you use it.  If all you do is light browsing, peruse forums like this, some messaging etc then your current speed is more than enough.  You'll be able to stream televison too, just maybe not HD if what's mentioned above is true.  Ordinary television is fine for many programs and many users, so check whether you really need higher speed, or if you're just getting it because you've been tempted into it by adverts or whatever like many others.

3 hours ago, gaviny said:

I do mate, I last deposited monies into it in Feb before heading overseas,will keep it in mind for next renewal.

Actually, it may need to have been activated before the 1st of Feb., as opposed to March.

If so, you'll be eligible to subscribe to the unlimited capped data promos.