Thai Airways organizes special flights for Hajj Pilgrims

rooster59

Thai Airways organizes special flights for Hajj Pilgrims

supawadee wangsri

29e19e6fd79237dfeca80e20363b4a29_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 28 June 2019(NNT) - Mr. Nont Kalintha, Vice President of the Sales Department, Thai Airways International Public Company Limited, as the Chairman of Thai Airways Hajj Special Affairs Committee, along with Mr. Abdulraman Mayuso, President of the Hajj Business Entrepreneur Association of the Three Southern Border Provinces, signed a memorandum of understanding on special flight arrangements by Thai Airways to transport Thai muslim pilgrims to attend the Hajj ceremonies in Saudi Arabia in 2019.

Thai Airways will provide 15 special flights to and from Thailand for the Hajj pilgrims. They will depart from airports in Narathiwat, Krabi and Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) to Saudi Arabia’s two airports namely Madinah and Jeddah. The departing flights will leave from Narathiwat Airport on July 4 – 8, 2019, and from Krabi Airport and Suvarnabhumi Airports on July 22 – 24, 2019. The return flights depart between August 17 – 31, 2019. It is expected that there will be approximately 4,325 Thai muslim pilgrims traveling with Thai Airways this year.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-06-29

4 minutes ago, Barry343 said:

Why don't the rich Arab airline support these people instead of Thai Airways who need to support the poorer Thai people.

What are you on about?

I seriously doubt the flights are free. 

Even if they were (and I really doubt they are), plenty of poor Thais are Muslims.

Or are you advocating Thai airways should base any charity dispensed on the basis of faith. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I seriously doubt the flights are free. 

I can't read he said those flights are free so what are you on about?

Anyway i understand him completly.

Never heared TA had extra or special flights for Thai buddist visiting their relatives for song kran, loi kratong or so? Those are so important for them too.

Why the whole world Always need to pamper muslims extra? Like they do things for buddists, christians or any other religion in their own countries.

BTW I, and probably many more, also wanna have direct flights to those other international airports so we not have to pay for an extra flight. So they can do it for 4000 muslims but not for millions or foreigners who come to Thailand every y too?

And Narathiwat Airport isn't even an international aiport so why that is now possible to to fly in and out to/from SA?

• Haha 1

If you and 4000 of your friends want to go from Airport A to Airport B just once at some well specified dates, be sure that an airline will oblige regardless of whether you are going for religion, vacation, convention. It's called charter flights.

As for the millions of tourists, check for example how many russian,  chinese, indian cities have direct flights to Thailand.

About Thai Airways not doing things for buddhists, you must be joking. Ever seen how they respect monks on their flights?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Barry343 said:

Why don't the rich Arab airline support these people instead of Thai Airways who need to support the poorer Thai people.

They do, each country (Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia etc..) has a quota (in the thousands) of deeply subsidized/free pilgrims paid for. Mostly by Saudi Arabia but other wealthy arab states as well. Brunei probably pays for their own. If these flights are free for the pilgrims, I would think Saudi Arabia would be paying for them or subsidizing them to the point pilgrims can afford them. 

• Like 1

Why are you anti-muslim keyboard merchants getting so hot and bothered?

They signed an MOU. It means the flights are operated at a certain fare structure for certain conditions and both parties agree to minimum requirements. It's a business deal, NOT a freebie. Same as FIFA put into place when there's a World Cup.

• Like 1