Female pickpocket gang in London caught on camera stealing Thai tourist’s purse

rooster59

Yep... Caught pickpockets twice... 

Once in Barcelona when I was half-pished... (the pick pockets obviously were no good)

Once in Pargue, again when I was half-pished...(again, couldn't have been very good)

In London (and pretty much any other major city) I walk with my Wife with her handbag between her and I and ask her to never leave it open. Never walk with my Wife on the 'road side' of me, and never with her handbag on the outside - a friends Wife had her handbag swiped by a motorcycle rider in Thonglor...

We have to be aware of these things - protect ourselves as much as we can, be aware and never walk around in an tase oblivious to the realties that there is always an opportunist nearby, especially in tourist areas. 

The only thing which irritates me is that Police know the areas where tourists are targeted yet they do so little to intervene and catch these gangs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, carvets said:

So these two women have done this same thing to someone else and so they deserve to have this happen to them ? You must know these the story of two women then , can you tell us what they did to deserve this ?

are you trying to make a mountain out of a gain of sand

• Confused 3

Just now, carvets said:

Are you trying to pin the discretion's of a few on the entire population ,......sounds like the same thing your accusing me of .

was making a comparison about foreigners in Thailand and Thais in a foreign country, meaning """what goes around comes around"" but you must have a problem understanding basic jokes so let's keep it as it is

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

it is a common problem thru Europe and London.romainian pick pockets go everywhere and they don,t care if they are caught.if they caught the police go where they live and the handbags or purses in the room are many,so how many have they pickpocketed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

not only London, saw a lot of them in  Paris, Madrid and Rome as well, guess they are EU citizen free to move all around without police checking on them

True they are all over EU... except in their home country (often Romania), where they are happy to have gotten rid of them. EU is just a lovely thing. ????

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Agree. If we can see it on the video, why didn't the person videoing it see?

I thought she may have been using a selfie stick ,...and while i couldnt hear it all at the end , i thought the only English she spoke was OMG .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Someone at least then is starting to understand how foreigners over here feel when they get robbed and ripped off when trying to have a pleasant holiday. Crime is a problem everywhere, and proves just because you are on holiday, doesn't mean you can let your guard down when carrying valuables.

Certainly a lot of "likes" for this post but with respect....is it not just... "stating the obvious"?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

No fuzzy faces here.....  If the London camera system is what it claims to be, there should be either 3

pending arrest warrants or 3  women packing their bags to head out of town ….

It wasn't a "London camera system" it was the Thais' own video.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, petemoss said:

I have had people try to pick my pocket 3 times whilst on holiday. Have lived in Thailand for several years and not once has anyone tried to pick my pocket, here or anywhere else in S.E. Asia.

The Thais fleece you face to face. No need to pick pocket you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5