Removing Weed from Fish Bowls

Hi Guys - we have some big clay fish bowls on our balcony for some ornamental lillies and a few guppy fish

the thing is, we always get that green weed forming on the top and it needs cleaning every other day just about or it smothers the plants and fish

anyone know how to get rid of it permanently?  we have one bowl that has none of it in, but i cant work out why it flourishes so well in the other bowls.

here is 2 photos of the weed i mean.  on the second photo i scooped some out the waterr, so that the shape can be more easily seen

P_20190620_174026.jpg

P_20190620_174041.jpg

Get a couple of Goldfish,they love it,Tilapia will

eat your Guppies,I have in one of my Aquariums,

even when i think i have removed every single 

piece of it with a net, a couple days later its back,

so i am continually netting it and feeding it to the

Goldfish.

regards Worgeordie

Can i just put goldfish in the bowl with the guppies Geordie?  seems like a lot of weed to eat!!

is there not a spray or additive i can put in the water that anyone knows about?

maybe i should move the fish and the lillies, and then empty the bowl, let it dry out, and add new clay and water - hoping that the weeds dont return

Try putting a cup of liquid EM in the fish tank.  (Effective Micro-organisms)

Organic Totto company makes a high quality EM.  I put a liter in our outdoor small pond and it cleared up all the thick green algae like magic in a few days. The concrete pond became sparkling clear, sides and bottom, as if I'd scrubbed it and put crystal clear mountain spring water.  The guppies were happy, noticeably energized and getting pregnant.  All I did was pour in the EM and run the recirculating fountain pump. 

https://www.organictotto.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=539114098

Scroll down to see the EM and EM balls.  You may be able to buy it online.  There are other EM products available, Home Pro and Global House have several.  But I've only used this brand in Thailand, and EM-1 in the US. 

The Organic Totto company is located in Samut Prakan near the crocodile farm. (Mouth of Chao Phraya River on coastal outskirts of Bangkok, at the end of the BTS Sukhumvit line, Kheha Station. 

Their bokashi organic fertilizer is super good stuff too. 

http://compostteamaking.com/35/em•1®-effective-microorganisms-for-organic-gardening-organic-farming-and-personal-health/

Archived