Refusal Appeal Sent

So now the wait begins the appeal paperwork has been sent to loughborough and i guess it will be at least a week until i get a reponse from them to say they are dealing with the paperwork.

As for the missus shes pretty good,her outlook is that she believes everything will work out.But as for myself iam not as positive,we have to wait at least 27 weeks and what then if it goes in favour of the home office!

Back to square one and go through it all again

Sorry for sounding negative but this is not easy.

Well hope everyone else can learn from this and make sure you do your home work and dont be scared to ask any questions.

Thanks to everyone so far will keep you posted

Just planning the next trip to see the family so feeling a little happy now

mikeybee

Edited by mikeybee

Mikey,

Loughborough will now give the ECO in Bangkok time to file his evidence and then an appeal date will be set. Currently, they seem to be at about the 6-month mark. You will have to file your evidence 5 days before the hearing date. However, should you feel the need, there is nothing stopping your wife making another application at any point, even if there is an outstanding appeal.

Scouse.

As for the missus shes pretty good,her outlook is that she believes everything will work out.But as for myself iam not as positive,we have to wait at least 27 weeks and what then if it goes in favour of the home office!
I'm with your missus on this one, I'm sure you'll all get to UK but you shouldn't have had to go through all this, just unjust. Good luck with your appeal or if you decide (and can afford :o ) to submit a fresh application.

I'm sure you'll all get to UK but you shouldn't have had to go through all this, just unjust.
Quite, this refusal is so perverse and against the letter, let alone the spirit, of the immigration rules and diplomatic service procedures that I simply cannot understand why it has not already been overturned by the ECM.

Based upon what you have said previously, you and your wife do meet the criteria and so will be able to live together in the UK, so try to be patient.

I can't remember if you have spoken to the ECM over the phone as i think i suggested , but if you did what was the answer why it could not be overturned?

If you didn't speak to the ECM there is still time to do it . Even if the refusal stands after speaking you could ask at least that the papers be sent to the UK as quickly as possible. I believe they still have 19 weeks to do this and depending on how obstructive they want to be they could drag it out. Not wanting to put a damper on your already low spirits but in my partners case (now happily resolved) they took 132.5 days out of the 133 to send them out of sheer spitefulness (there is no other explanation as to how they could time it down to the wire like that) , so if you can speak to the ECM and get him/her on your side you might be able to get the papers sent quickly thus dramatically reducing the time you will have to wait as you do not go into the Home Office queue until they receive the papers from Bangkok.

Just a thought

Good luck

Atlas

Mikeybee

My wife and myself are in the same situation as yourself.... ours too was littered with spelling mistakes and on 3 occasions have called my wife MS not MRS. We submitted our appeal application the beginning of january and the paperwork has to be returned by the ECO by 31st may...were now sitting tight waiting to see what reason case they have for our refusal.

I guess we can only wait and see... hope you get the correct decision this time around!

Dean

The UK immigration service is an ass...how can they possibly justify giving settlement to all the scrounging asylum seekers, who have no intention of integrating in to the british way of life, and then refuse British born lifelong residents the opportunity to bring their wifes here....Its representational of all that stinks about our civil service...an institution run by buffoons

Hi

We are also going down the appeal route and had to send any other papers to support our appeal to the place in Stoke by march 5th which we did but how long before they make there minds up?as the waiting and not being informed of what stage the appeal is at is painful.if this appeal is turned down what ae our next options?

• 3 weeks later...

update so far,have recieved a letter from the immigration tribunial letting me no the appeal has been logged and i have until the 13th august to forward any more documents,i have still not recieved a reply from the complaints dept in bkk and also the complaints dept in the uk,so i will resend to both of them again.

Mikey,

Have a read of the letter from the AIT again: does it say that the appellant (your wife) has until 13 August to submit your bundle, or that the respondent (ECO) has until that date?

Scouse.

Yes your write scouse its for the respondent(eco)to get his bundle in by this date.

So you needn't do anything at the moment. Shortly after 13 August, the AIT will write to you again, enclosing a copy of the ECO's bundle. The letter will also set a date for the appeal hearing and you then have until 5 days beforehand to submit your bundle.

Scouse.

• 1 month later...

Well just a update of events after sending emails and letters to the uk embassy in bkk and uk visa complaint section in london, as of yet no response from the ukvisa complaint section only the uk embassy in bkk to reply.

Dear Mr mikeybee

Thank you for your e-mail.

As you are aware of the deadline for locally review an appeal that we have until 13 August 2007. We can ensure that we will meet this deadline, once an appeal has been reviewed and decided that the decision should be overturned we will then contact the appellant for visa issue. However if the decision has been upheld we will forward the appeal bundle to the following address for hearing.

Arnhem Support Centre

PO Box 6978

Leicester

LE1 6ZX

The Appeal will take place in the UK. We have no influence at all over how long the appeal process takes. It could often take several months for the appeal to be heard by an adjudicator. We would appreciate it if you could help us to continue providing a good service to all of our customers by not telephoning, or visiting the office, to check on the progress of your appeal. We are not updated on the progress of individual appeals, and we are unable to give you an idea of how long the appeal will take to be heard.

Yours sincerely,

Name removed

Visa Section

British Embassy Bangkok

Tel : 66 2 30 5 8 333

Fax: 66 2 254 9 579

E-mail: [email protected]

So as for now all we can do is wait until till the deadline date comes, if anybody else is going through this process and is due a hearing or reply before my self i would like to hear your experience and what i would have to go through.

Thanks again for everybodys support.

MikeyBee

Well just a update of events after sending emails and letters to the uk embassy in bkk and uk visa complaint section in london, as of yet no response from the ukvisa complaint section only the uk embassy in bkk to reply.

Dear Mr mikeybee

Thank you for your e-mail.

As you are aware of the deadline for locally review an appeal that we have until 13 August 2007. We can ensure that we will meet this deadline, once an appeal has been reviewed and decided that the decision should be overturned we will then contact the appellant for visa issue. However if the decision has been upheld we will forward the appeal bundle to the following address for hearing.

Arnhem Support Centre

PO Box 6978

Leicester

LE1 6ZX

The Appeal will take place in the UK. We have no influence at all over how long the appeal process takes. It could often take several months for the appeal to be heard by an adjudicator. We would appreciate it if you could help us to continue providing a good service to all of our customers by not telephoning, or visiting the office, to check on the progress of your appeal. We are not updated on the progress of individual appeals, and we are unable to give you an idea of how long the appeal will take to be heard.

Yours sincerely,

Name removed

Visa Section

British Embassy Bangkok

Tel : 66 2 30 5 8 333

Fax: 66 2 254 9 579

E-mail: [email protected]

So as for now all we can do is wait until till the deadline date comes, if anybody else is going through this process and is due a hearing or reply before my self i would like to hear your experience and what i would have to go through.

Thanks again for everybodys support.

MikeyBee

hi mikeybee,

i today have just had the same stock response email from the embassy and looks like i will have to sit back and wait for the deadline also.

nick

Well nick hope your not to down but keep thinking positive, One thing that gets me is they give you all these people to contact if your not satisfied with the way your visa was delt with but there not to quick to reply and give you there thought's-i wonder why.

Hey Mickey and Nick

Scouse has a load of good advice.I never new about the bundle until he mentioned it.We had the appeal and it was rejected i then however asked for a review and a senior judge has granted this for June 26th so i got everthing crossed.Hope you lads are successful if not go for a review if you feel that you have a case

binnsy

Hey Mickey and Nick

Scouse has a load of good advice.I never new about the bundle until he mentioned it.We had the appeal and it was rejected i then however asked for a review and a senior judge has granted this for June 26th so i got everthing crossed.Hope you lads are successful if not go for a review if you feel that you have a case

binnsy

well binnsy hope everything goes well for you and the misses, i hope you can fill me in on the process and let us all no how you get on.

Goodluck

mikeybee

Edited by mikeybee

• 3 weeks later...

Well the latest so far, scouse has advised me on this and i thank him, just to keep everybody else informed following the case:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email.

A Notice of Pending Appeal (AIT11) was sent to you and the British High Commission/British Embassy on . The purpose of this notice is to confirm receipt of your appeal and to direct the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) to prepare an Explanatory Statement and submit this to us by the date shown on the notice.

The purpose of the Explanatory Statement is to allow the ECO to explain in greater detail the reasons for refusing entry into the UK. The British High Commission/ British Embassy has to submit this statement within 19 weeks of the date the AIT11 was issued.

In your case, this means that the ECO has until 13 August...... to prepare and forward the Explanatory Statement to us.

When we are in receipt of this statement, you will be given a hearing date at the earliest available opportunity after eight weeks. You will then be notified in writing of the time, date and venue of the appeal hearing.

Kind regards

Well the latest so far, scouse has advised me on this and i thank him, just to keep everybody else informed following the case:

Dear Sir/Madam

A Notice of Pending Appeal (AIT11) was sent to you and the British High Commission/British Embassy on . The purpose of this notice is to confirm receipt of your appeal and to direct the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) to prepare an Explanatory Statement and submit this to us by the date shown on the notice.

The purpose of the Explanatory Statement is to allow the ECO to explain in greater detail the reasons for refusing entry into the UK. The British High Commission/ British Embassy has to submit this statement within 19 weeks of the date the AIT11 was issued.

In your case, this means that the ECO has until 13 August...... to prepare and forward the Explanatory Statement to us.

When we are in receipt of this statement, you will be given a hearing date at the earliest available opportunity after eight weeks. You will then be notified in writing of the time, date and venue of the appeal hearing.

Kind regards

Mikeybee

i have my court appeal this friday 15th...if i can give you any advice on how it pans out ill let you know.

Dean

Hi Mikeybe

it will soon be here and of to London i go,So far after i asked for a review on the grounds that i never and still have not recieved the BUNDLE,as i believe that it would have cleared up two points which are as follows

1 My wife will live in my house.As reading the appeal rejection it was not clear to them where we would live.

2 How my wife would be supported.By me as sponsor.

I took it for granted as i gave the Embassy a copy of my house purchase and also my finacial situation that is why i think that some of the papers never made it into the bundle.

Also they say that the the decision was translated to my wife but i have the form GV51 and there are no signatures by the ECO or my wife as was stated to me by UKVISA's

The judge has granted me a review and they sent me a form AIT45 which i have completed and sent.If you get one of these Mikeybe make sure you send it back by special delivery.

Thats about it will keep you posted.

Binnsy

Dear Sir/Madam

Kind regards

Mikeybee

i have my court appeal this friday 15th...if i can give you any advice on how it pans out ill let you know.

Dean

Good Luck Dean

Did you get a bundle and if so what was included in it?

regards

Binnsy

Hi Binnsy

yes i got my bundle...or what they classed my bundle.

It just included most of my old documents....and their evidence, which was a transcript of my wifes interview (14 minutes, 42 questions). Reading through the transcript as far as i can see, when they asked my wife if she wanted the interview in Thai or English, and soon as she said Thai they had it in for her, asking many questions about how we can communicate etc etc even saying "i dont believe you chat with your husband 4 times per day". After the interview my wife was in tears, she said "lady farang speak not good with me"

Anyway we got the big F... and here i am today with my appeal in 4 days.

Dean

Dean

that appears to be standard my wife said that the ECO did not believe her when she said that i could retire at 50 which is the case with the company i work for.And i think that after that question she thought that she was not telling her the truth during the rest of the interview.But i told my wife to tell them the truth which as far as i am concerned she did.Even told them that when i send letter she uses dictionary to understand some of the words.

any way fingers crossed and best of luck for friday

binnsy

• 1 month later...

well hi again

Had a call from the wife this morning at 0330am to say that the embassy had called her to say that her and are sons visa's had been approved and they will receive paperwork tomorrrow to comfirm this, will let you all now the news soon.