3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Unless another countries IOs can read Thai script, how would they even know you were refused entry?

Easy, they will have a guide of stamps and reason codes for Thailand (and other countries).   Whenever you get a refused entry into a country, it is best just to get a new clean passport (at your first opportunity) as other immigration departments could take a refused entry as a warning sign (though in this case it was rather minor if Briggsy is right).   I am surprised the airline did not prevent you from boarding -- they should have. 

6 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Yeah, easy one, for Immigration. Liberian passport, didn't get a visa from a Thai consulate or embassy beforehand. Section 12 (1).

I don't understand how this is possible twice. I really don't.

First of all, he should have known he cannot enter without a visa. Liberian nationals need a visa from the Embassy each time.

Second of all, say he did not know it the first time. Surely he found out on his first rejection that....mmmm.....he needs a visa???

Thirdly, how on earth did the airline let him fly? I know Thai Air Asia is less demanding, but still...

And how did the first airline let him fly? On his first rejection?

12.1 is:

Having no genuine and valid passport or document used in lieu of passport; or having a genuine and valid passport or document used in lieu of a passport without Visaing by the Royal Thai Embassies or Consulates in Foreign countries; or from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, excepting if a visa is not required for certain types of aliens in special instances. Visaing and visa exemption will be under the learn and conditions as provided in the Ministerial Regulations.

So to translate, it's either:

-fake passport

-fake visa

-no visa

Looks more to me like a case of the middle one.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

I was going to philippine and forgot to close my visa so when philippine refuse me and sent me back,the Thai immigration refused me from entering because they said I had a single visa..I was kept on the airport for some days and was sent back to Africa with the airline I went with to Thailand....I only want to know if I can use the same passport to other country...I com mate no crime..  

From the stamp in the passport:

Paul Jeh entry refused 16.jpeg = ๑๖ = 16

From the Immigration Act:

Section 16 : In the instance where for reason of national welfare or safeguarding the public peace ,
culture , morality , or welfare , or when the Minister considers it improper to allow any alien or any group
of alien to enter into the Kingdom , the Minister shall have power to exclude said alien or group aliens
from entering into the Kingdom.

8 hours ago, lkv said:

I don't understand how this is possible twice. I really don't.

First of all, he should have known he cannot enter without a visa. Liberian nationals need a visa from the Embassy each time.

Second of all, say he did not know it the first time. Surely he found out on his first rejection that....mmmm.....he needs a visa???

Thirdly, how on earth did the airline let him fly? I know Thai Air Asia is less demanding, but still...

And how did the first airline let him fly? On his first rejection?

12.1 is:

Having no genuine and valid passport or document used in lieu of passport; or having a genuine and valid passport or document used in lieu of a passport without Visaing by the Royal Thai Embassies or Consulates in Foreign countries; or from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, excepting if a visa is not required for certain types of aliens in special instances. Visaing and visa exemption will be under the learn and conditions as provided in the Ministerial Regulations.

So to translate, it's either:

-fake passport

-fake visa

-no visa

Looks more to me like a case of the middle one.

I would think a fake passport or fake visa would get you arrested -- which means I would think he would not have left for a while.

Fake visa and fake passport are criminal offences, no visa is an administrative offence.

So if it was the middle one as you said -- he would now be facing 1 to 10 years in prison and a sizable fine. 

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I would think a fake passport or fake visa would get you arrested -- which means I would think he would not have left for a while.

Fake visa and fake passport are criminal offences, no visa is an administrative offence.

So if it was the middle one as you said -- he would now be facing 1 to 10 years in prison and a sizable fine. 

Well i don't know how it works in Thailand. In Australia, based on the Border Security I have been watching, they send you back to your home country and let the authorities on that side deal with the matter.

So i guess if it was a fake visa, there isn't even a Thai Embassy in Liberia, as another poster mentioned. Hard to prove Thai visa fraud in Liberia. Maybe it said: issued by the Thai Embassy in Seoul on it. Go prove that.

Again, not saying that's what happened here necessarily, but I cannot believe someone would travel to a country where a visa is required, without a visa, TWICE, hoping that what? He's just going to sail through Immigration with no visa?

So there's more to this story imo.

Edited by lkv

30 minutes ago, lkv said:

Well i don't know how it works in Thailand. In Australia, based on the Border Security I have been watching, they send you back to your home country and let the authorities on that side deal with the matter.

So i guess if it was a fake visa, there isn't even a Thai Embassy in Liberia, as another poster mentioned. Hard to prove Thai visa fraud in Liberia. Maybe it said: issued by the Thai Embassy in Seoul on it. Go prove that.

Again, not saying that's what happened here necessarily, but I cannot believe someone would travel to a country where a visa is required, without a visa, TWICE, hoping that what? He's just going to sail through Immigration with no visa?

So there's more to this story.

It does not make sense.  You are saying that you (Australia) would hand back he passport (the actual evidence) of any crime in Liberia, and let Liberia handle it.  The crime of using a fake visa would not typically be a crime in Liberia since no offence occurred in that jurisdiction - well except for defacing the passport... which you are saying Australia would just hand back to you.  In the end you have lost any leverage to find the counterfeiter (as such you have done nothing to reduce the problem) by being so lenient as just sending them back -- as opposed to offering a reduced sentence.  

Edited by bkkcanuck8

1 minute ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

It does not make sense.  You are saying that you (Australia) would hand back he passport (the actual evidence) of any crime in Liberia, and let Liberia handle it.  The crime of using a fake visa would not typically be a crime in Liberia since no offence occurred in that jurisdiction - well except for defacing the passport... which you are saying Australia would just hand back to you.  In the end you have lost any leverage to find the counterfeiter by being so lenient as just sending them back -- as opposed to offering a reduced sentence.  

I'm saying Eastern Europeans tried to enter Australia with fake passports, the passports were detained, but they were released and put on a plane back and the authorities at the destination informed.

Don't you remember the fake Thai visa sticker scandal from Kuala Lumpur back in 2013?

Anyway look, I don't wanna speculate too much. It's beyond what we are discussing here. But I don't believe someone would be arrested and sent to Bangkok Hilton for these type of activities, but rather deported.

Edited by lkv

28 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

which you are saying Australia would just hand back to you. 

In that particular example, the passports were not handed back to them as far as I remember. They were confiscated on suspicion of not being genuine. And the passengers returned back to Eastern Europe.

But a sticker issued "outside of Thailand" changes the dynamic in both Thailand and Liberia.

4 hours ago, Paul Jeh said:

I was going to philippine and forgot to close my visa so when philippine refuse me and sent me back,the Thai immigration refused me from entering because they said I had a single visa..I was kept on the airport for some days and was sent back to Africa with the airline I went with to Thailand....I only want to know if I can use the same passport to other country...I com mate no crime..  

OP, just to let you know.

Flights from Manila to DMK are operated by Philippines Air Asia, not Thai Air Asia. To begin with.

Secondly, Thai Air Asia does not fly to Liberia.

To enlighten you, you came from Seoul with Thai Air Asia X, flight XJ 703 into DMK, then they moved you to Suvarnabhumi Airport and put you on Emirates flight EK385 to Dubai, likely connecting onwards to Liberia.

So I don't quite understand your Philippines story, single visa and all that.

• Like 1

Easy, they will have a guide of stamps and reason codes for Thailand (and other countries).   Whenever you get a refused entry into a country, it is best just to get a new clean passport (at your first opportunity) as other immigration departments could take a refused entry as a warning sign (though in this case it was rather minor if Briggsy is right).   I am surprised the airline did not prevent you from boarding -- they should have. 
I was once quizzed, entering Hong Kong, why my Chinese tourist visa was cancelled in country. I had to explain to them that it was converted to a working visa, which, of course, was plainly visible in my passport as well...

Sent from my SM-J415F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, Maestro said:

Looks like 16 to me too, so nothing to do with fake passports or visas.

More to the OP's story, or mistaken identity, perhaps? You'd think that they would have explained why they were denying him entry the first time around. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 2:49 AM, Maestro said:

This isn't a 16, this is a 12

He was denied entry for 12.1, which was correctly quoted already:

On 7/1/2019 at 7:46 PM, lkv said:

The line above the line saying 12.1. confirms this, because they stamped there:

ไม่ได้รับการตรวจลงตรา

If you see this in an official Thai text: การตรวจลงตรา they are talking about "visa exempt"

So the stamp says: Can not get a visa exempt

He was not eligable to get a visa exempt (and didn't have a visa), so he was denied under 12.1

Edited by jackdd