Turkey's Erdogan says 'some people' paying 'serious money' to bury Khashoggi issue: NTV

webfact

Turkey's Erdogan says 'some people' paying 'serious money' to bury Khashoggi issue: NTV

2019-07-01T032314Z_1_LYNXNPEF601BO_RTROPTP_4_G20-SUMMIT.JPG

Turkey's President Tayyip Erdogan holds a news conference on the final day of the G20 leaders summit in Osaka, Japan June 29, 2019. REUTERS/Jorge Silva

ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said "some people" were paying "serious money" to bury the issue of the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, broadcaster NTV reported on Monday.

Erdogan, who was speaking to reporters after the G20 summit in Osaka, Japan, did not elaborate.

Speaking earlier at the summit, Erdogan said Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman must uncover the killers of the Washington Post columnist, and added that some aspects of the murder were still being hidden.

(Reporting by Tuvan Gumrukcu; Editing by Daniel Wallis)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-07-01

Not surprised...

Very good chance MBS is the man who ordered the killing.

Like Putin over the Norichov attempted murder and causing the death of an innocent victim they will never face justice, the only ones who may eventually face prosecution will be the foot soldiers, sacrificial pawns in a nasty game of chess.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said "some people" were paying "serious money" to bury the issue of the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, broadcaster NTV reported on Monday.

Probably the same ones who ordered his murder...

• Like 2

The words 'pot', 'kettle' and 'black' come to mind.

I have got a dire prediction, folks; and I sincerely hope this prediction doesn't come true.

I predict that both Erdogan and Salman will continue to stay in power for many many more years.

What will the West do ? Basically nothing, except 'expressing concern' (ie. empty words) every now and then

Who cares about human rights in Turkey and Saudi Arabia, right ??!! Making sure that the Syrian (and other) refugees and migrants stay within Turkey, getting oil at a reasonable price from S.Arabia and making various business and military deals with both those countries, etc. are a lot more important for the West than human rights, right ??!!

Sad world !

If my prediction comes true, remember this post.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

It is scandalous that our elected politicians endorse this murderous thug, MbS, with meetings and ignoring his murders and thievery (his shake down and torture of Saudi billionaires had no legal backing at all....it was simply theft under duress). Had he taken these billionaires to court and they had been found guilty of embezzlement, bribery or fraud, it is perfectly legitimate to take their wealth. 

I do not understand the West's absence of any moral compass when it comes to Saudi.

Do you have this with more faux indignation, please?

Western leaders met and will meet, dealt and will deal, with all sort of unsavory leaders of unpalatable regimes. That would apply to Russian and Chinese leaders as well.

Going on about "moral compass" only when it suits is meaningless. Going on about it as an absolute over ruling consideration is naive.

15 hours ago, Tug said:

It’s donalds lack of morals not the rest of us 

Of course it is.

But then you're not in a position actually requiting to directly deal with such people.

Let me guess you (and most other self-righteous posters) do not practice them moral convictions by when consuming products related to such nasty countries.

Granted, Trump being all chummy with MbS is sickening. But doubt ties between the countries would have been transformed much under a different president.