Is it possible to open a bank account in BKK on a Saturday?

I live in the sticks and my local banks refuse to allow me to open a bank account - I have an Elite visa and have lived in Thailand off/on for 18 years.

I already have an account with Bangkok Bank in Phuket, but want to open an account with a different bank, just in case my ATM debit card doesn't function.

I'll be in Bangkok on a Saturday and Sunday only for some business.

Does anyone know of a bank branch in BKK that is open on a Saturday AND is likely to allow me to open a bank account?  I have a house rental contract and certificate of  residence from the UK embassy.  No work permit.

Bank branches in shopping malls are open on Saturday and Sundays, often with extended opening hours.

I can't advise whether they will open an account for you though as that seems to be a personal decision rather than a decision based on location.

• Like 2

The little branches in shopping centres are usually sub-branches, and will not open an account for you. (I asked at one once.) I would not presume that a bank (sub)branch which is open on a Saturday will open an account for you, unless you have received a personal report from someone who has accomplished it. And, as stated above, that is just the first hurdle.

This is a wild guess:  K-bank says that their branch at Siam Square is open on Saturdays. And that one is a real branch.

Edited by allane
x

The little branches in shopping centres are usually sub-branches, and will not open an account for you. (I asked at one once.) I would not presume that a bank (sub)branch which is open on a Saturday will open an account for you, unless you have received a personal report from someone who has accomplished it. And, as stated above, that is just the first hurdle.

This is a wild guess:  K-bank says that their branch at Siam Square is open on Saturdays. And that one is a real branch.

I opened an account at Kasiorn which opens on Sat/Sun in Siam Paragon. I did have a WP though so can’t comment on that aspect.

57 minutes ago, allane said:

The little branches in shopping centres are usually sub-branches, and will not open an account for you.

That's not entirely correct. Every branch in malls such as Emquartier will open an account if you have the required documents.

In the bigger malls such as Paragon, Emquartier and Central World the branches are full service.

I opened some bank accounts for our kids at TMB Bank branch in Central Rama III which I recall being a weekend. So I just checked the bank book and it was 10 Sep 2016, which was a Saturday.

Most branches in Bangkok in large shopping malls should let you do so ... if they're open of course ???? 

TMB being a specific example

Edited by fletchsmile

On 7/3/2019 at 8:08 AM, allane said:

I opened an account in Bangkok Bank, The Mall 2, Ramkhamhaeng a few years ago, and they are open sat/sun..

Edited by wilailuk