snake ID if possible

rumak

Outside front door in daytime.  Possibly after frogs that were recently there.   Raised its body when I poked nearby.... head not triangular and was not agressive (but i did not get that close !).575207503_20190703_104336(1).thumb.jpg.9ce2c704759babca6814eae690d09181.jpg

Edited by rumak

30 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Triangular shaped body should make it a rat snake.

was not triangular shaped.   head markings do look similar (when i focus in on my photo) to banded kukri that Crossy posted .and body markings very similar.

I did leave it alone though could have killed since kind of cornered by our door.  Did not look like a Cobra at all,  but markings were distinctive.  Thanks all for ID help,  useful to know that not venomous   UPDATE :  DID  look a lot like the rat snake cmsally just posted.

Lots of frogs and such around here

Edited by rumak

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

There is facebook pages for every region in thailand snakes of Isaan etc if you need quick and 100% correct info. 

Very good and educational to follow those pages. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1076644525809817/?ref=share

I did my google search first.   not always easy to pick out the right match.   pretty good info in this case

from our esteemed members.

and i don't do facebook .  too many snakes on there 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rumak said:

is that you holding the snake ?   

No not me ! We do have a much bigger one of those snakes in our surrounding area though. Last year it had babies at the back of the garden somewhere. Snakes are very sensitive to vibration , so the morning after Loy Kratong, we found six in our kitchen !!

and Tagged,  didn't mean any offense re: facebook.   I do use some of their groups when selling/renting.

but never for social stuff like showing what i eat at every meal !   

Once belonged to a dating site called Tagged ....don't know if it still exists   lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rumak said:

I did my google search first.   not always easy to pick out the right match.   pretty good info in this case

from our esteemed members.

and i don't do facebook .  too many snakes on there 

If you do not do fb, it is okay, but maybe some readers could have interest to know about such a page ???? 

1 hour ago, rumak said:

and Tagged,  didn't mean any offense re: facebook.   I do use some of their groups when selling/renting.

but never for social stuff like showing what i eat at every meal !   

Once belonged to a dating site called Tagged ....don't know if it still exists   lol

We are all tagged or marked ????

Living in Thailand