Pool Maintenance

monkeyofdoom

Hi, I have a small 6000 l unheated jacuzzi/pool in the garden, and I have no idea how to take care of it. Does anyone know of a good cheap pool maintenance company in CM that can come now and again to check pH levels, chlorine etc. and make sure everything is as it should be? How much do they charge?

Alternatively, where can I get cheap pool supplies for testing/regulating pH, adding chlorine etc? I'm thinking I could just read up on Google if it's too expensive to buy the service...

I'll report back with my findings. Thanks in advance! :-)

post-35773-1173847960_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have found two places that deal with pools.

One is JD Pools close to Chang Puak Gate inside the moat. They do mostly construction, but I was able to buy some chemicals from them anyway. I got a small canister with about 15 chlorine tablets for around 200 B, and later I got four small bags of shock chlorine for around 200 B to combat the raging algae infestation. The shock chlorine did the trick, but the tablets seem to be extremely slow at dissolving.

Another is located close to the north-west corner of the moat, on the inside right at the first U-turn when heading south. It's mostly a spa place. I was able to pick up a test kit for pH, chlorine and bromine, but they didn't have the other needed chemicals. The kit cost 400 B for the cheap brand, and 550 for the more expensive one.

I still need to find somewhere that will sell me soda ash (sodium carbonate) to reduce pH. The girl at the second place mentioned that there is another place close to Suan Dok, does anyone know it?

Please can you let me know of any shops in Chiang Mai city that sell chlorine, soda ash, and other pool chemicals? Thanks.