UK economy shrinks as Brexit, global worries mount: PMI

snoop1130

25 minutes ago, ResandePohm said:

I would hardly call them even a small majority group. Only 37,5% of the people who could vote voted to leave. This is hardly a majority. 34,6 % voted to remain and the rest didnt vote.

Well it's more than those who voted to Remain. Elections only count the votes of those who voted and as you conceded, 37.5 > 34.6. 

On a historically huge turnout, over 1.2 million more people wanted to Leave than Remain. 1.26 million people. 

Backed up by a general election where over 80% of voters voted for parties who stood on manifestos promising to respect the vote and Leave.

Then MP's voted to invoke article 50 by 498 to 114. A majority of 384.

Not exactly ambiguous.

• Like 2

The comments come as no surprise.

After all I am sure the UK's  new slogan must be

Why accomplish in one year when you can procrastinate for six.

What makes these 2 vying for PM think that the EU are going to roll over & get their back scratched. The deal was done ,,, accept or walk away & get on with it

41 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Is this relevant to Brexit, as I beleive many other currencies are suffering against the Baht. Example the Aussie $, or Do you beleive their currencies are also suffering,due to Brexit.

Pound has also declined quite markedly in relation to the dollar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Project fear indeed. Pathetic Canadian carpetbagger Carney has been a total waste of time and money. It will take time, but ultimately Britain will do well outside the EU.

Interesting to see how Brexiters' statements have evolved. Now it is "it will take time". ????

22 hours ago, richard10365 said:

The current list of tariffs published on 2 July, 2019 by the World Trade Organization. I can't believe the UK let their citizens vote on Brexit. I bet most people can't even read this document. If they can, they would have voted not to leave. 

I'm afraid most people haven't got a clue what WTO tariffs are, or membership or how it works. They preferred to believe Boris, Farage, R-Mogg, Gove etc who all kept saying 'WTO rules' parrot fashion like some holy grail! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, johnnyonesock said:

money money business business money money...not one mention of the fact that 52% of the people that voted did so over their concern for the destruction of their culture, heritage, traditions,increasing crime rates,house prices skyrocketing,school places,NHS waiting lists etc etc...money money business business money money.

You speak for all 52% do you? Amazing how they all think exactly like you. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, soalbundy said:

depends of course where they would go in the UK

Glasgow , comes to mind . 

I welcome Scottish independance . 555

Edited by elliss
  • Like 2