farangs should realize they are only guests in Thailand and I am not

surprised Thai people don't like most farangs now I am waiting for all

the apologist to come out and abuse me but before you do please note

I am not a racist I like any nationality and I have many friends from all

nationalities most of them are Asians and yes many Thais as well and 

that includes FFP politicians who talk to me on regular bases so start

abusing me I have a thick skin

Have a nice day

Hua Hin became popular with a boom, and will die with a whimper. A friend just sold his house for a third less than he could have got in 2012..people don't post prices, lots of stuff is a ripoff, and they were all selling counterfeit Nokia phones at market Village.  The Chinese were stinking up Tesco, and always blocking people's way. The will mostly be one off tourists, which seems to be the defacto specialization of Thai businesses nowadays.. Also, the high season seems to cater to the Scandies, who are used to overpriced rip off food, but I think more are deciding there is too much trash for their egos, let alone the open sewage being discharged near the beaches.  I told my friend going to HH for the beaches was like going to CM for the temples. 

2 minutes ago, Razzler1973 said:

I really hope there's a Chinese website somewhere complaining about fat, drunken western guys hanging out all over Thailand and 'is there anywhere we can go where we don't have to see this'

There is a site out of Singapore - starts with an S.  Call everybody bro and you'll fit right in - BTW the way - helps if you like group stuff.  

I'm not looking to join such a group but for all the 'why so many Chinese/Indians/Russian' threads we get I am sure those same nationality people are also wondering about some of our bad traits that they see on a daily basis whilst they are on their holidays

• 2 weeks later...

I presume you mean Mainland Chinese!  I was in Pattaya over the weekend and noticed  a lot of  Hong Kong Chinese around given it was a long weekend in HK just passed.  Just remember the HK Chinese, Taiwanese Chinese, Singapore Chinese all very much distinguish themselves from the Mainalanders.

3 hours ago, fridrijs said:

I presume you mean Mainland Chinese!  I was in Pattaya over the weekend and noticed  a lot of  Hong Kong Chinese around given it was a long weekend in HK just passed.  Just remember the HK Chinese, Taiwanese Chinese, Singapore Chinese all very much distinguish themselves from the Mainalanders.

And don't forget the Malaysian Chinese.. 

3 hours ago, fridrijs said:

Genuinely curious here, so please take this in the spirit it is intended, but how do you distinguish one from the other? I can, to an extent, if I hear them speaking, but then again I've had a lot of practice at that.

47 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Genuinely curious here, so please take this in the spirit it is intended, but how do you distinguish one from the other? I can, to an extent, if I hear them speaking, but then again I've had a lot of practice at that.

You can distinguish them by their behavior. 

Singapore Chinese are super clean, mainland Chinese not so much... 

A very noisy pack leaving mayhem in its wake most probably came from mainland... 

On 7/4/2019 at 6:30 PM, Isaan sailor said:

China has taken over Cambodia, in case you haven’t noticed.  Now they have their sights on Thailand.  

That's why the new railroad from southern China is cutting right through the heart of Thailand.  It's all for Thailand's benefit. The Chinese are very altruistic people. They'll give you the shirt off their back.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 5:45 AM, Brunolem said:

You can distinguish them by their behavior. 

Singapore Chinese are super clean, mainland Chinese not so much... 

A very noisy pack leaving mayhem in its wake most probably came from mainland... 

May I add that Singapore Chinese talk outstanding English..allthough with specific SG accent. Another marker is the clothing...you can see difference with fe SG chinese or mainland Chinese. I dont know how to say it...but you just see it.

My GF is Chinese and she is a very well educated and well mannered lady from Shenzhen (mainland China). I DO find some anti-Chinese remarks on this thread very offensive and discriminatory. And no..she does NOT eat dog meat..and NO she does NOT poops in the street or in a taxi. Instead she goes to a toilet. And yes she likes Blue port Mall in Hua Hin...so what??

I spent a week in China earlier this year...and I never felt unsafe..or threatend in any way..!! 99% of the Chinese i met were very friendly people and very helpfull. Nobody try to scam me or hurt me in any way. Even when i was alone (GF was not present) I had a good time and met nice people. In shops nobody make fun of me when trying to communicate....

Remember..Chinese are still number 1 tourist group in Thailand..wheater you like that or not..its a fact! I would suggest try and communicate with them..and you find out they are just normal humans like we all. It sounds that some of you are envious off the Chinese..because they seem to have more money..ha!!

Take care all.

Hans.

On 8/12/2019 at 10:30 PM, Hans007 said:

Remember..Chinese are still number 1 tourist group in Thailand..wheater you like that or not..its a fact! I would suggest try and communicate with them..and you find out they are just normal humans like we all. It sounds that some of you are envious off the Chinese..because they seem to have more money..ha!!

Take care all.

Hans.

Well said Hans.

I have found that while the racism is tolerated on TV, remonstration with the racists tends to get frowned on, so best that people like you and I, who know the truth, take comfort from knowing the reality and leave the ignorant to making up their stories from their barstools.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived