Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Why Thai Isaan women marry Western men

2 hours ago, Andrew Nelson said:

I have an Isaan girl (woman) and she never asks for money and is the kindest woman you would ever want to meet. I find it sad when people make sweeping generalizations. 

I agree with you but don't forget trolling on here is often disguised so generalisations, inaccurate, misleading or otherwise nonsense statements  are the tools that trolls use to divert a sensible debate IMHO

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Settled in Issan...Issan girl found me...Very attentive to my every need...cooks great...good housekeeper and gardener...great companion...wonderful sleeping partner...loving and smiling...laughs a lot...love sports, news, and movies...has a 45 kilo body to die for...considerably younger...been together more than a year...

I consider my expenses well worth it...what the hell else would I spend it on?

Two Issan girls perhaps?

On 7/4/2019 at 5:41 PM, KiChakayan said:
On 7/4/2019 at 5:02 PM, NCC1701A said:

from the story:

875e9fb4-9bcb-11e9-baa5-dd214ed0de8f_image_hires_164014.jpg

I am 67, and my wife is a lot happier than this girl..

I hope so!!   ????    :biggrin:

This guy is a catch. Heh. 

19 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Settled in Issan...Issan girl found me...Very attentive to my every need...cooks great...good housekeeper and gardener...great companion...wonderful sleeping partner...loving and smiling...laughs a lot...love sports, news, and movies...has a 45 kilo body to die for...considerably younger...been together more than a year...

A YEAR......Hmmm, yes, I recall my many honeymoon periods....They were great..But....:whistling:

22 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

The right question should be "why SOME Isaan women marry farang guys?". 

Because Isaan women with a farang husband are a very small minority. 

I am the only farang, not only in the village, but also in all the villages around... and my wife is not the only young woman around, by far... 

The truth is that Isaan women are much more attracted to young Thai men than to older farangs, never mind the money. 

I know plenty of them and they have never thought once about looking for a farang. 

You don't think if you are the only guy around, and married, there may be a slight quality and availability issue?

The vast majority of women - anywhere - are looking for a provider and protector. Thai women are very pragmatic, and it's a huge gulf between their potential income and that of an elderly farang retiree. Most of us older guys should expect to become an ATM, and I don't have a problem with that as long as I am in control.

My Thai GF is not from Isaan, but the same applies. She is 24 years younger than me. We've been together for about 7 years now.

I have to say she has given me a lot more in return for my support than I ever got from my two long-term relationships in Australia, with Australian women. She keeps me young.

On 7/4/2019 at 5:25 PM, Puchaiyank said:

For many Issan women...and many women around the world...it is the prospect of a stable relationship with a steady income that trumps youth and handsome men...

Helping fund their children's education, send a few baht to mamma, live in a safe neighborhood, and enjoy decent meals and entertainment are all part of the package...

I see it as a win-win situation...don't you?   ????

Adding to that, they find most Thai Isaarn males immature, unfaithful, lazy, self entitled and irresponsible regarding wives, children, family and household bills preferring spending a months wage in one night in the local Karaoke.

2 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

Learn to speak Thai , or they will cheat you , blindly, Im talking my friend, I love you so much, and look right in your eyes, then I found out my wife had Moobaan bf for the whole 7 years, I was going home every 4 months , 4 months on and off, , Gambling WS her other Curse, I know off topic , but don’t be a fool, never trust a brother or cousin, Bullcrap, pay for play , Now

Because it happened to you. does not and will not apply to all farang/Thai couples.

12 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Adding to that, they find most Thai Isaarn males immature, unfaithful, lazy, self entitled and irresponsible regarding wives, children, family and household bills preferring spending a months wage in one night in the local Karaoke.

Thats what she told you just before she told you she loves you, right?

After living in a rural village up North east, I can understand why all this young single moms wanting anything else than what they can get there. And the smarter girls with no babies, see what they sisters going trough, and do not want to get stuck in same situation. 

Do not need to be Albert to understand such a simple matter. Clever and smart Women always aim higher for themselves, but we all know that is not true with Isan women, when they find the wrong western guy after meeting the wrong thai guys. Sad isn´t? 

Most of the few falang men in my village is Alcoholics. 

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats what she told you just before she told you she loves you, right?

Well, Im not sure where you living, but drinking, gambling and Yaba, is a serious matter for males in Isan. It destroys the villages totally, and seen it first hand, and delt with a few working for us. But there is good hard working men to, but there are few left in the villages. Those left in the villages, is those who have no places to go for work of different reasons. 

My family do not drink or gamble, and keep a low profile life, with no show off gold and land. Humble and nice, thats why I choosed to stay in first place. You do not only get the girl, you get the whole family as well, and therefor, know your family, and her friends before you make any further moves for the future. Should be mandatory for everyone who seeking happiness in Thailand. If family no good, then her problems will be your problems. 

About the language, I choose not to understand the language, of simplicity and Comfort. 

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Well, Im not sure where you living, but drinking, gambling and Yaba, is a serious matter for males in Isan. It destroys the villages totally, and seen it first hand, and delt with a few working for us. But there is good hard working men to, but they are few. 

My family do not drink or gamble, and keep a low profile life, with no show off gold and land. Humble and nice, thats why I choosed to stay in first place. You do not only get the girl, you get the whole family as well, and therefor, know your family, and her friends before you make any further moves for the future. Should be mandatory for everyone who seeking happiness in Thailand. If family no good, then her problems will be your problems. 

About the language, I choose not to understand the language, of simplicity and Comfort. 

True words...

.... But don't fall into the trap of not wanting to learn the language for simplicity and comfort, its not comfortable not knowing what's going on and can lead to complexity instead of simplicity.... 

34 minutes ago, 473geo said:

You don't think if you are the only guy around, and married, there may be a slight quality and availability issue?

Isaan women generally don't get their farang husbands in Isaan... 

They work, in some capacity, either in Bangkok, Pattaya, or some other locale visited by many farangs, and there they make a chance (or not) encounter. 

Later, the newlyweds will move (or not) to Isaan in order to live a more peaceful life... 

Finding a single male farang in Isaan is kind of a challenge, since this is not the area were they generally elect to stay (as long as they are single)... 

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

True words...

.... But don't fall into the trap of not wanting to learn the language for simplicity and comfort, its not comfortable not knowing what's going on and can lead to complexity instead of simplicity.... 

I know, I know, it is, but as long me and my gf have good comunications, it is easy for me to fall back, and keep it simple. I have to put alot of trust in her of course, and I know the fallback of that. However, the worst thing by learning thai, (I understand little bit south thai) is all the misunderstanding that comes with it, and make my brain hurt. I know all the missunderstandings me and my gf had, before we now have a good understanding between us, and it takes alot of energy. Just simple things. And most fallangs claiming they speak fluent thai, really do not, met to many who claim that. 

1 hour ago, gamini said:

he is fat and ugly and the wife young and pretty.  So his money is her attraction.

In thai standard, she is not pretty, not young anymore, and I guess she have at least two kids before him, and a bf to support. 

2 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

this, enjoy and who cares? and, of course, she loves you  :cowboy:

7 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Back in our home countries—we’re invisible to beautiful women.  In Thailand—we’re rock stars...”

“Hansom maaaaaan.”

most rock stars are not fat out of shape and tend to actually be handsome

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

But why, oh, why, must it always take them having a passel of pickaninnies before they figure this out?

- from 'A Farang's Lament'

5 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

But why, oh, why, must it always take them having a passel of pickaninnies before they figure this out?

- from 'A Farang's Lament'

They are good at sweet talking, very good, and girls falls for it. Remember, they like the bad guys to have sex with, and a good caretaker to take care of their kids. 

Poor girls often do not have much choices, and they have needs to. Why do you think so many western fall for simple sweet talk as well? It is a game you need to understand, and only one way by learning. 

5 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

Learn to speak Thai , or they will cheat you , blindly, Im talking my friend, I love you so much, and look right in your eyes, then I found out my wife had Moobaan bf for the whole 7 years, I was going home every 4 months , 4 months on and off, , Gambling WS her other Curse, I know off topic , but don’t be a fool, never trust a brother or cousin, Bullcrap, pay for play , Now

Never trust a brother or a cousin when your wife was cheating on you?

That doesn't make much sense, wouldn't you agree? 

Archived