Why Thai Isaan women marry Western men

Most of us have to understand where they come from, and their cculture. 

Many of the parents in Isan, never met each other, but was picked for each other, where to parents aggreed on the marriage on behalf of the coming couple. 

Add on the top brainwashing tv lakon drama 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, transam said:

Tell us your story......

It is the Thai women who make the falang drink, I have seen it first hand in the village. They cook for them, clean for them, do all the work in house, go marked, take care of the kids, and serve them beer while they sit here and type bashing posts on Thai visa about how Thai woman really are. 

They are stuck in their own prison in paradise. Even the devil got bored in heaven. 

"They are stuck in their own prison in paradise. Even the devil got bored inheaven." 

The devil left heaven because he was bored with grace and goodness...wanted to be bad and to be the boss...

Those farangs stuck in their personal prisons in paradise are pampered daily beyond belief...no farang female from their home countries would ever give them the personal attention an Issan lady considers essential to keep her man happy and contented...

Difficult to believe there are no poor but honest families in your country.  Why come to Thailand?  Thais in general certainly don't care about you.  Do something good at home where it is appreciated.  

I live and work here for the last 20+ years. Thailand is my home.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 7/4/2019 at 4:48 PM, 473geo said:

One just need read Tvisa on a daily basis to observe the stereotype insistence of those who are unable to increase their knowledge and understanding

For me the equation is simple

Has my life improved since meeting and marrying my Thai wife - yes - a transformation I would not have anticipated or thought possible

Has life for my wife improved since meeting and marrying me - I would like to think yes, but much harder for her to deal with the expectations of others. I am very proud of the way she has retained mutual core intentions, listened to, and provided, thoughtful and constructive advice, and brushes away the nonsensical inflammatory diatribe of some of the locals. My wife is special.

In my opinion people observe we make a good team, both benefit from our relationship, carry the same family and community values as any decent Thai, I think this helps us to be viewed as a 'normal couple' - but different ????

You are a fortunate man.

"They are stuck in their own prison in paradise. Even the devil got bored inheaven." 

The devil left heaven because he was bored with grace and goodness...wanted to be bad and to be the boss...

Those farangs stuck in their personal prisons in paradise are pampered daily beyond belief...no farang female from their home countries would ever give them the personal attention an Issan lady considers essential to keep her man happy and contented...

Wow, thats a generalization/stereotyping if I ever heard one.
Why do so many Isaan ladies & Western Guys divorce then? Is it only the guys fault???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Why do so many Isaan ladies & Western Guys divorce then? Is it only the guys fault???

One size...does not fit all...

The OP asks “Why Thai Isaan women marry Western men”.

Answer: The same reason young, hot western girls marry old, fat western billionaires.

Hope that helps the OP with his (very easy to answer) question.

[emoji116]Today’s front page of an Australian newspaper showing billionaire James Packer with his latest GF.

IMG_5125.PNG.5dd76d953acdfbce598dde9db31fe7dc.PNG

2 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

I don't see that many divorces. At least among those here in Udon. 10 years, and i only know of 4 personally who have got divorced/dumped by their Thai partners in that period. Three of them have had it happen more than once ..... and from what i know about them, it is all down to making bad decisions in their choice of women, and failing to learn from it. It wouldn't surprise me if they had the same problem back home. Of the 8 friends i know best, all are still with their partners from 7-10 years ago.

Remember that most of those married men here already had divorces before - just means they are not your typical average male to start with. Also an above average percentage are shall we say not those who conform to societies norms. So, the farangs here are often damaged goods in the perfect husband market! Cultural differences, language problems also can cause strains. Of course their are some bad apples in the isaan girl barrel too - as there would be anywhere. I'm just surprised that so many marriages last.

3 minutes ago, rickudon said:

I don't see that many divorces. At least among those here in Udon. 10 years, and i only know of 4 personally who have got divorced/dumped by their Thai partners in that period. Three of them have had it happen more than once ..... and from what i know about them, it is all down to making bad decisions in their choice of women, and failing to learn from it. It wouldn't surprise me if they had the same problem back home. Of the 8 friends i know best, all are still with their partners from 7-10 years ago.

Remember that most of those married men here already had divorces before - just means they are not your typical average male to start with. Also an above average percentage are shall we say not those who conform to societies norms. So, the farangs here are often damaged goods in the perfect husband market! Cultural differences, language problems also can cause strains. Of course their are some bad apples in the isaan girl barrel too - as there would be anywhere. I'm just surprised that so many marriages last.

According to Wiki the divorce rate in the EU is 54%.  You think it is different here ?  Of course so few Thais legally marry so divorce rates in Thailand are misleading but again according to wiki it is only 25% which suggests that your final sentence is an opinion you have formed not based on actual facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography

I was making the case that the odds seem to be stacked against farang/thai marriages (certainly many posters think they are usually doomed, and many farangs are far from perfect) but in fact many ARE successful.

According to Wiki the divorce rate in the EU is 54%.  You think it is different here ?  Of course so few Thais legally marry so divorce rates in Thailand are misleading but again according to wiki it is only 25% which suggests that your final sentence is an opinion you have formed not based on actual facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography

I always believe statistics about Thailand!
Well 98.367633674% of the time!

Is this a story or news? When women lack self respect, brothels are available in plenty to meet 30-year older farang sexpats, and marrying one of the sexpats is the only way for personal economic improvement, what can one expect? It should be called the Thailand's Brothel Stories.

4 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

Uhhm, ???? because size matters that’s my hypothesis

Absolutely true as no self respecting Farang would wish to marry a typical fat, ugly old hag from Bradford. So yes pretty, petite, lithe Thai ladies are a far better size. And if a Farang prefers more weight than 40 kg - just have two of them ????

Absolutely true as no self respecting Farang would wish to marry a typical fat, ugly old hag from Bradford. So yes pretty, petite, lithe Thai ladies are a far better size. And if a Farang prefers more weight than 40 kg - just have two of them [emoji16]

Actually I meant the size of something else but it’s ok. I don’t know maybe it’s just me

On 7/4/2019 at 4:48 PM, 473geo said:

One just need read Tvisa on a daily basis to observe the stereotype insistence of those who are unable to increase their knowledge and understanding

For me the equation is simple

Has my life improved since meeting and marrying my Thai wife - yes - a transformation I would not have anticipated or thought possible

Has life for my wife improved since meeting and marrying me - I would like to think yes, but much harder for her to deal with the expectations of others. I am very proud of the way she has retained mutual core intentions, listened to, and provided, thoughtful and constructive advice, and brushes away the nonsensical inflammatory diatribe of some of the locals. My wife is special.

In my opinion people observe we make a good team, both benefit from our relationship, carry the same family and community values as any decent Thai, I think this helps us to be viewed as a 'normal couple' - but different ????

This is probably one of the most sensible posts ever written on the all encompassing subject of marrying Thai women.

Actually I was going to reply to this thread, in basically the same way, but after reading yours I don't have to now.

Only thing I should add is that we shouldn't make our remarks only for Issarn ladies, but take in all of Thailand.

Well done.

1 minute ago, Mel52 said:

Actually I meant the size of something else but it’s ok. I don’t know maybe it’s just me

I knew what you really meant, which is true so my wife tells me.  But I get embarrassed when she tells all her friends who then want to see for themselves !!! ????

I knew what you really meant, which is true so my wife tells me.  But I get embarrassed when she tells all her friends who then want to see for themselves !!! [emoji23]

Embarrassed? If my wife bragged about it I’d happily show them.

10 minutes ago, thainet said:

This is probably one of the most sensible posts ever written on the all encompassing subject of marrying Thai women.

Actually I was going to reply to this thread, in basically the same way, but after reading yours I don't have to now.

Only thing I should add is that we shouldn't make our remarks only for Issarn ladies, but take in all of Thailand.

Well done.

I am in TOTAL agreement.

My Thai wife an I enjoy a mutually beneficial wonderful relationship.  Our inputs are vastly different but the benefits are appreciated by the other greatly.  We have both left behind the things that were burdens in our past - ie - a cheating wife and an abusive husband.  Our new life together is wonderful - and has a good few years track record!

Archived