Trump says immigrants 'unhappy' with detention centers should stay home

snoop1130

Any country can class any person as they see fit.   The people leaving the US prior to 1969 who had not completed military service were not allowed to travel to or remain in Canada.   They then decided to allow it.   You can call it what YOU want but it is seeking asylum and they were not returned.   They did not apply to be an immigrant.   They were given (after some time) immigrant status.   

You seem to want to argue semantics.   You also have decided you don't like those at the Southern Border, but they are fleeing Violence and the ones who went to Canada were fleeing War.   

The Dominion territories were part of the UK.   They did not need anything to move.   They had the right to abode in those territories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jany123 said:

If your a taxpayer.... thank you for your contribution of tax dollars to assist supporting migrants. I hope you enjoy many many more happy tax returns in the coming years, wherein you put even more money into the government coffers to fund caring for refugees.

If your no longer a tax payer, I wish your immediate and extended family many many happy tax returns from which they will continue to fund immigration.

dont worry about the trump.... he ain’t going to help much, being more concerned about giving the rich more money... but you... you taxpayer you (and your family).... a big thumbs up to you, because your tax dollars are hard at work on the southern border, doing what tax’s do.

if it really is all about “thoughts and deeds”... the migrants just love you and your deeds... get out there and earn some more dollars next week... or tomorrow even... migrants work weekends, so you can too, in your efforts to provide tax dollars to look after them... that’d be sweet of you

Tax’s tax’s tax’s... do what? Support the upholding of the laws of the land. Wow... your almost a “love fest liberal” when you look at it like that... keep up the good work... but....don’t forget to pay your tax’s... them migrants need your tax’s... good chap.

Seems like Thai immigration is having much more success than TRUMP on stopping immigration or stemming it.  Forget the WALL, just apply Thai immigration laws to immigrants and Visas.  

Report every 90 days to IO (aka. mom); deposit 800/400K, mandatory health insurance, drawing detailed directions so we can locate you, and stand in long lines for days to be rejected (possibly or pay agents to do it).  

Welcome to the land of ME!  

2 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

Actually they are claiming that they are seeking asylum, and in most cases those claims are clearly false or are hardly appropriate.  

Clearly false? Can you post a link about the decisions?

Surely if their claims have been determined they should not still be in custody, they should be gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Credo said:

those at the Southern Border, but they are fleeing Violence

Do you have anything to support this statement, other than it is what is claimed? Naively accepting and repeating other people's self-serving lies does not add credibility to you or them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Surely if their claims have been determined they should not still be in custody, they should be gone.

Have you never heard of the appeals process? the whole system is designed to drag on for years, given the numbers applying.

I have given a credible link that Guatamala and Honduras are NOT considered to be violent countries, taking multiple factors in account, and are in fact less violent than the USA, and considerably less violent than Mexico.

If you wish to refute my claim, why don't YOU post YOUR  link re the decisions?

40 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Seems like Thai immigration is having much more success than TRUMP on stopping immigration or stemming it.  Forget the WALL, just apply Thai immigration laws to immigrants and Visas.  

Report every 90 days to IO (aka. mom); deposit 800/400K, mandatory health insurance, drawing detailed directions so we can locate you, and stand in long lines for days to be rejected (possibly or pay agents to do it).  

Welcome to the land of ME!  

So now you want the USA to be ruled over in the fashion of an army general installed by a coup? Seriously?

lol... what am I thinking... I’ve read your postings... I can see you... of course you do.

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

58 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

I have given a credible link that Guatamala and Honduras are NOT considered to be violent countries, taking multiple factors in account, and are in fact less violent than the USA, and considerably less violent than Mexico.

Surprise surprise... mr Ozman did post a link this time... however.... BEWARE!

the link is to an unsecured website. Unsecured... think about that. Ironically it’s much like Guatemala, unsecured. 

If your into surfing unsecured locations, both Guatemala and this website might be just up your alley. It’s a peer to peer sourced offering, so kinda short on detail

that the USA has Guatemala on a critical list for violence, is not factored in, etc etc... but hey, if you have good spyware, check it out... otherwise perhaps wait for a link which is safer than Guatemala.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If Trump does not want to accept refugees he should withdraw from the relevant international treaties that govern such matters.

I heard on right wing radio podcast today (Sometimes listening for amusement) the toilets Migrants are expected to drink from were in actually the typical compound sink/toilet units common in prisons. The same bloviating douche said the troops who reported on the war-criminal Ghallagher were “Obama appointees”.

The special forces themselves now infested with communists and America haters. This kind of propaganda is very dangerous as millions actually believe this rubbish but some of it is truly comical.

SAD.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

Have you never heard of the appeals process? the whole system is designed to drag on for years, given the numbers applying.

If you wish to refute my claim, why don't YOU post YOUR  link re the decisions?

So they havent been determined. Only your decision has been made.

Why should I post a link. I never made a claim. You did.

31 minutes ago, Sujo said:

So they havent been determined. Only your decision has been made.

Why should I post a link. I never made a claim. You did.

How do you know they haven't been determined? Is that a claim?

Edited by Ozman52

7 hours ago, Credo said:

Any country can class any person as they see fit.   The people leaving the US prior to 1969 who had not completed military service were not allowed to travel to or remain in Canada.   They then decided to allow it.   You can call it what YOU want but it is seeking asylum and they were not returned.   They did not apply to be an immigrant.   They were given (after some time) immigrant status.   

You seem to want to argue semantics.   You also have decided you don't like those at the Southern Border, but they are fleeing Violence and the ones who went to Canada were fleeing War.   

The Dominion territories were part of the UK.   They did not need anything to move.   They had the right to abode in those territories.

I'm an American and I became a Landed Immigrant in Canada in 1967.  No problem.  I had not completed military service nor had I been drafted.  I returned to the USA after a couple of years working in Canada and got drafted into the USA Army.  

So I guess you are in error.  

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, riclag said:

Surely walking thousands of miles to be held captive for 1 month is obviously better than staying in their own country, risking what they call suffering ,torment and life endangerment!

Seems to me they have  three choices  1. Staying 2. claiming asylum in the first country they enter! 3. walking thousands of miles,through all sorts of inhumanity to enter a country illegally ,give themselves up,claiming asylum to be rewarded with facing 3 squares,roof and medical attention and after 1 month they are brought in front of a judge to be given a continuance ,they are given money and a bus ticket to anywhere USA!

There is also the other option nobody ever talks about. Rise up and improve your own country. Europeans have done it before...why nobody else.

Sure it will cost a lot of blood, sweat and tears. And will be a generational change. And will need strong leaders to achieve. But it can be done.

It seems it is too easy these days to just simply strive for a better life without actually working for it. Look at Venezuela, they allowed the country to go to  crap. Why?

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:52 PM, attrayant said:

You're really anxious to distance yourself from that statement, aren't you?  Sorry no can do.  It's going to stick to you until you renounce the atrocities we're discussing.  

In any event, what I said was that the outcome (a lifetime of emotional scarring) is likely to be the same.  That's not my finding, it's from the American Academy of Pediatrics, which last week warned of long term trauma faced by immigrant children separated from parents or guardians under the Trump administration’s border policies.

And "a few weeks"?  Do you think it has been only a few weeks that this has been going on?  I understand that this phrasing helps put some meat on the bare bones of your argument, but let's try to be honest here. It's not "a few weeks" and we're not talking about "kissing illegal immigrant ass".  

Now you're echoing Trump "they're not sending their best..."    How about we just do the right thing and provide basic care.

I don't have skin is this game but can you please explain to me why this is now the Americans problem? Were these people invited to the US and then mistreated or did they willingly travel North only to be denied entry as they expected and now blame it all on the US? I'm confused as is much of the rest of the world on the outside looking in.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

It has been acknowledged that US aid for Central American countries  had assisted with decreasing the flow of asylum seekers. trump's withdrawal of aid was ignorant of the facts on the ground or just an unhelpful political stunt. e.g.

https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/documents/1862/El_Salvador_External_Fact_Sheet_July_2018.pdf

OTOH is it an unreasonable argument that if your citizens are causing huge expenses at the US border then their country should bear some of the cost?

Yes, it may be counter-productive, but if you want a handout, maintaining goodwill is an excellent idea.

12 hours ago, emptypockets said:

I don't have skin is this game but can you please explain to me why this is now the Americans problem? Were these people invited to the US and then mistreated or did they willingly travel North only to be denied entry as they expected and now blame it all on the US? I'm confused as is much of the rest of the world on the outside looking in.

It’s America’s problem because they are at the US border claiming asylum, which is a basic human right... that's pretty straight forward. Right?

the other thread about rescuing migrants from the ocean, is discussing Italy’s problem, because the rescue boat docked in Italy. Right?

anyway.... the bigger picture is in conforming to international laws and norms, which the US is apparently failing to do.

I see elsewhere in this thread, some foolish talk of withdrawing from treaties to circumvent current responsibilities under international law... yep... great... destroy the United Nations organization... that’s a well thought out idea... disregard maritime laws.... more wonderful ideas.

that said, you appear to want explanations without effort (like a migrant wanting welfare)...  perhaps you could have a quick look at the histories of some these countries, and then revisit who to blame for their present situation...or the situation as it effects other nations, because that’s the issue right now... the effect... what was the cause.

guatemala.... US backed dictators till the 1990s

palestine... thanks United Nations for resettling Jewish refugees in someone else country

libya... well there was bugger all immigrants from Libya, drowning at sea, prior to the international efforts to get rid of Gaddafi. The problem was localized, ( and horrible) but not an immigration issue, such as it has become.

Iraq...well thanks bush et al

iran... CIA intervening and attempting regime change for over half a century... still happening today

venezuala... oh hell... just google United fruit company.

these are cause... these are not all... certainly there are other contributing factors. The result... immigration. 

dude... outside looking in?.... uh uh.... your on the inside, refusing to look outward... which is a part of the problem right there... lack of ownership.

Edited by jany123
  • Haha 2

On 7/7/2019 at 11:57 AM, jany123 said:

It’s America’s problem because they are at the US border claiming asylum, which is a basic human right... that's pretty straight forward. Right?

the other thread about rescuing migrants from the ocean, is discussing Italy’s problem, because the rescue boat docked in Italy. Right?

anyway.... the bigger picture is in conforming to international laws and norms, which the US is apparently failing to do.

I see elsewhere in this thread, some foolish talk of withdrawing from treaties to circumvent current responsibilities under international law... yep... great... destroy the United Nations organization... that’s a well thought out idea... disregard maritime laws.... more wonderful ideas.

that said, you appear to want explanations without effort (like a migrant wanting welfare)...  perhaps you could have a quick look at the histories of some these countries, and then revisit who to blame for their present situation...or the situation as it effects other nations, because that’s the issue right now... the effect... what was the cause.

guatemala.... US backed dictators till the 1990s

palestine... thanks United Nations for resettling Jewish refugees in someone else country

libya... well there was bugger all immigrants from Libya, drowning at sea, prior to the international efforts to get rid of Gaddafi. The problem was localized, ( and horrible) but not an immigration issue, such as it has become.

Iraq...well thanks bush et al

iran... CIA intervening and attempting regime change for over half a century... still happening today

venezuala... oh hell... just google United fruit company.

these are cause... these are not all... certainly there are other contributing factors. The result... immigration. 

dude... outside looking in?.... uh uh.... your on the inside, refusing to look outward... which is a part of the problem right there... lack of ownership.

Thank you. It is what some would refer to as blowback. The US has been making mischief around the world for a century or more. They have wreaked destruction throughout Latin America. What is surprising is that more Latinos are not trying to get into the US. We get what we reap. 

• Like 1