Help with alcohol withdrawal symptoms: where to go?

soistalker

4 hours ago, soistalker said:

Which hospitals in Pattaya would you recommend if someone starts having potentially dangerous alcohol withdrawal problems? Any place that specializes in such problems?

Google Samaritans Thailand. They will have some experience and very likely to be able to give advice. I believe they have a callback service. English or Thai.

3 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

There is a rehab place in thailand looks like run by a farang. Have seen them advertised on Thai visa or facebook I think. Quick google search shud find it

The main one for Farangs (and ran by farangs) is DARA .

There website is www.dararehab.com.

Moderators, I have no affiliation or connection to this company and I am providing the link only to help the OP.

If the link breaks any rules, please remove it

3 hours ago, monkeycu said:

Send him down south, to become a Muslim 

But being serious some Buddhist Temples can help out with a rehab program

He does not need to go south to admit himself to a "vomit temple".

It is mostly free.

Just search it there are several throughout the country.  

I know someone who went.

You will be encouraged to drink some black concoction then vomit into a ditch.  Do this several times a day for a few days and it cleans the body and system.  Lots of meditation and praying also.

Good luck OP.  Any addiction is not fun to rehab from. 

One day at a time. Be strong.

You could also go to either of the AA meetings in Skaw Beach (off 2nd) Rd. or the other meeting in Jomtien near the Honaman (monkey) statue. Any of the lads there would be only to willing to give all the advice and assistance they can. ....Good luck to your friend...he needs to know (if he doesn't already) that the only prevention to this happening again is to Stop Drinking...attendance at the above AA meetings will make what seems impossible...possible.....and just to throw it in....allow him to have a future life beyond his wildest dreams.

On 7/5/2019 at 10:23 AM, madmen said:

Google how to withdraw' Its not hard your just decreasing per day for a week or so also get the hell out of pattaya to somewhere quiet for a month

Dangerous (life threatening) alcohol withdrawals can result in seizures, stroke and cardiac arrest. Your comment would be comical if it were not so ignorant. Do some research before you opine such nonsense.

Guys, Benmart is correct, alcohol withdrawal can easily kill you.

The safest course would be to taper off gently, having the minimum amount of alcohol possible to prevent the withdrawal symptoms (i.e. shaking, confusion, vomiting, etc.) over a few days.

Taper first.

Then swap with lioresal (baclofen) 10 mg 4 times a day (8am, 12, 4pm, 8pm)

For a few day, you can use valium 10mg valium at night to sleep if you have it. 5th, 6th day you can take 5mg at night.

Increase Lioresal to 15 mg 4 times a day the next day and continue daily.

If you still have withdrawl symptoms, add 50mg lyrica twice a day.

Taper lioresal with 5 to 10mg daily after a week or a week and a half. If you needed lyrica as well, taper it too with 25mg a day (your last dose).

Check your blood pressure continuously.

You'll be alcohol free in no time. Meds are OTC in Fascino.

Some people keep taking baclofen (lioresal) to combat the cravings but its quite expensive in Thailand and I do not recommend it. If you cant stop mentally you better go to a rehab clinic.

Dangerous (life threatening) alcohol withdrawals can result in seizures, stroke and cardiac arrest. Your comment would be comical if it were not so ignorant. Do some research before you opine such nonsense.
I do believe there should be a dense poster of the year.
I'm talking taper and your actually talking cold turkey
Your dangerous or just trolling

Any hospital is equipped to handle drug withdrawal symptoms.  Patients are admitted, monitored closely while drugs are administered intravenously and multi vitamin fluid resuscitation is administered.  Not a complicated process.  Post discharge, patient needs follow up via psych in the form of counseling and possibly medications to avoid relapse.  It is doable. If you can get into trouble, you can get out - it's a "choice". 

Archived