Pharmacies won't sell Ear Drops?!

Hi guys,

Has anyone found a place in Bangkok which sells earwax remover drops (hydrogen peroxide?)

In the UK they are available over the counter, but here I have tried Boots, Watsons and other pharmacies and they all told me they do not stock ear drops.

Any idea a place I can get some or do I need to go to a doctor and get prescribed the earwax removal drops?

Cheers

I have been able to buy Hydrogen Peroxide at Lotus in the past so suspect it is available in normal bottle.  I suspect it is still available.

That said the thick ear drops may indeed not be available as have never checked - most here use tools (which we were told not to do) or visit doctor if have more serious issues.

Image result for Hydrogen Peroxide thailand

Maybe pharmacies don't look at these as typical pharmacy products?

This "Docusate EARWAX" is seen on many Thai websites (incl. Lazada of course :smile: )

Cost about 70 Baht.

Maybe worth to print/store the image to ask for it.

ph.jpg

2 hours ago, punchandjudy said:

do I need to go to a doctor and get prescribed the earwax removal drops?

This for sure is not necessary.

I can't help with a recommendation for a pharmacy in Bangkok.

14 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

The drops aren't commonly sold because it's cheaper to just have a doctor/ENT remove the earwax.

Once paid 300 Baht in a small roadside clinic in Pattaya.

Better don't recommend Bangkok Hospital :biggrin:

I'll be out for shopping tomorrow and look around for such stuff because I would prefer to do it at home.

Strange. Every pharmacy around Petchabun stocks Hydrogen Peroxide in small bottles. Common as muck and cheap as chips.

( about 15 baht ) Try in low end pharmacies. Maybe the expensive places don't stock it because all the cheap places do.

Commonly sold here. "No have" is the standard Thai response when they don't know what you refer to.

Aside from preparations specifically designed for eat wax there are a large range of ear drops for other purposes sold over the counter here. Even Boots and Watsons - places which in Thailand mainly sell toiletries and carry very little in the way of pharmaceuticals -- would have some.

Best to just order from Lazada. Otherwise download picture and show a pharmacy (actual pharmacy not Boots or Watsons). It would usually be on open shelves not behind the counter. As are bottles of peroxide.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This morning I went to my preferred pharmacy in the district town.

"Chinese" managed, three licensed pharmacists and busy.

Showed the picture from post #5 and a moment later it was on the desk.

A bit overpriced at 100 Baht :smile:

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

"No have" is the standard Thai response when they don't know what you refer to.

Quality and choice at pharmacies can vary widely.

In our town there a couple of the mai mee/no hab sort.

Waste of time to walk there.

20190706_145322.jpg

Archived