On-the-run German nabbed on Interpol warrant

snoop1130

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai police arrested Sacha Durst, 43, who had reportedly been laying low in Thailand

Strangely similiar to the other German guy arrrested.

You know the international criminal on the Interpol list, also laying low in Thailand by giving media interviews and pictures under his REAL name. ......Sure. Completely beleivable. Lots of criminals do that. 

These are the biggest BS stories I've heard in the last 20 years in Thailand. 

Edited by Time Traveller

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Hardly crime of the century 2 years 8 months he''l be out on half of that I would have thought Interpol and BIB have bigger fish to fry

So because he didn't commit a major crime, they should let him enjoy his freedom in Thailand?

He is a convicted criminal in Germany.  International treaties exist for a reason. 

33 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

What a ridiculous sentence....two years, eight months, two weeks. Give me a break....I hate this sort of scientific virtue signalling as though it has been determined very accurately.

Germans like to be precise. Next year is a leap year. Sentence will be adjusted accordingly.

6 minutes ago, potless said:
19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

As he was on the run, a court in Germany ruled him guilty in absentia of fraud and document forgery

Surprised he wasnt offered a job here. 

Doesn't that come under the list of reserved occupations?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rgrdns said:

Well spotted.....I guess 1939, showing the city of Danzig and Sudettenland

. .and East Prussia in the right corner, which became Russian territory . . . leaves me speechless! The country depicted was Thailand's war ally during  WWII

1 minute ago, crazygreg44 said:

. .and East Prussia in the right corner, which became Russian territory . . . leaves me speechless! The country depicted was Thailand's war ally during  WWII

Thailand 4.0 in action.

Just where did they find the map though? One of the government minister's (very) old school geography books?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Am I missing something here? Why must Thai Police print these huge posters displaying their prowess? And it says "Overstay".... wow is this such a crime it deserves a poster?

It's called justifying your salary !!!!

• Haha 1

Next time you are wanted by Interpol and sell chicken with your wife don't forget to put a sign around your neck: "Please NO photos or video, I'm a Wanted criminal from Germany without a valid Thai visa."

3 hours ago, HHTel said:

There is no such thing as an International Arrest Warrant.

He was arrested and detained by the Thai police at a request from Interpol.  Interpol cannot force an arrest in any country.

If the country where the fugitive resides refused to arrest the guy, then nothing can be done about it.

I don’t know about that, the Americans, Israelis, Chinese, Russians seem to do a pretty good job of snatching people if they want them badly enough, obviously not in this case only small fry.

On 7/6/2019 at 12:10 AM, DaRoadrunner said:

Am I missing something here? Why must Thai Police print these huge posters displaying their prowess? And it says "Overstay".... wow is this such a crime it deserves a poster?

They learned it in primary school and since haven't learned anything else !

• Haha 1

Ask why Thailand suspects all foreigners, it's because of these idiots. The country needs stricter controls, and a country-wide blitz on all, to weed out those who are are wanted by authorities. The easy way to do this is to introduce a document from the police in your home country which is then submitted with visa applications. It's not perfect, but it's a start.  

On 7/5/2019 at 12:33 PM, balo said:

Another one without a brain, overstayer, bar owner, and wanted back home.

It's like he's asking to be catched.... :hit-the-fan:   

He did, BUT obviously without being aware of it like most headless roosters that make Investments in other's name prior to be blacklisted...