UK far-right activist Tommy Robinson convicted in contempt-of-court case

rooster59

1 minute ago, Judum said:

There is only 1 peaceful religion and its easy to see what countries follow it , but yes what a song by Lennon he had a lot of quotes about many things but if you want to know about the problems that are world wide its to do with only a few countries and they are not anything to do with Eastern culture or ????????✋????

Yes, Buddhism is the religion of peace. Just ask any Rohinga refugee from Burma.

• Like 2

you are so correct lets count the amount of blood shed from other religions then quote again shall we ? from the invention of the 2 younger religions millions if not billions have been slaughtered for greed and to spread peace ? lol but anyway thats just my opinion and also the biggest exodus recently was not caused by a Buddhist country but we wont go into Syria or Iraq that has change the face of Europe and even has forced the countries citizens to accept the undocumented people and shut up  , but if you want count and add up we will and can see what is peaceful and what is not peaceful be my guest , just sometimes people do the wrong thing and everyone gets tarred but do remember people need and do protect their own culture and identity and thats something that is being outlawed in the West 

dedljmlw4aijks-jpg.176921

For you Tommy the war is over.......

2005: Jailed for 12 months for assault
2010: Arrested for public order offence
2011: Convicted for football hooliganism
2011: Jailed for breaching bail conditions
2011: Convicted for assault
2011: Jailed for rooftop protest in Switzerland
2013 Jailed for using false passport
2014: Jailed for mortgage fraud
2014: Convicted for public order offences
2015: Recalled to prison
2017: Convicted for contempt of court
2018: Jailed for contempt of court

Edited by beautifulthailand99

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I doubt ‘ordinary decent’ people look to ‘infowars’ as a source of information, despite you promoting it with your links.

Well thank god some people are prepared to listen to both sides of the argument. This YouTube video,shows Tommy Robinson addressing the Oxford Union. A society not renowned for having right wing links.

He explains how he has developed certain political views that may not be acceptable to some people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MRTELLYOUSTRAIGHT said:

My thoughts and prayers are with those poor little children who were no doubt screaming for mummy and daddy when these animals were on top of them. Whatever your feelings about TR this is a serious miscarriage of justice.

Hang your head in shame if you honesty, wholeheartedly believe that TR caused anxiety to these disgusting vermin.

Posted only 4 hours ago the comments section says it all.

Excuse my ignorance, but is this the actual events that have led to Tommy Robinson, being charged with contempt of court?

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Well thank god some people are prepared to listen to both sides of the argument. This YouTube video,shows Tommy Robinson addressing the Oxford Union. A society not renowned for having right wing links.

He explains how he has developed certain political views that may not be acceptable to some people. 

The whole point is that intelligent people always look at both sides of the argument.

You can see that by looking through the list of some of the other speakers invited; https://www.youtube.com/user/OxfordUnion

Nothing wrong with someone saying what he truly believes and also listening to the other side of the argument.

The other side of this particular argument was contempt of court....which he lost. 

Why didn't he simply wait until the case was over before he released whatever information he thought that he had?

He decided on that course of action and he should have thought about the consequences. If he did, then why is he crying now?

No one with any moral fibre supports child grooming in the UK. I would happily have them all shipped out to a remote island and left there.

But it's not about them. It's about him interfering with the due process of the law and then crying when it bit him in the butt.

[A]ctions like his can lead to alleged criminals walking free by prejudicing a jury so that there can’t be a fair trial[.] We nearly lost the so called Rochdale grooming case (#ThreeGirls) cos of a far right communication. Their lawyers applied at their trial that the jury had been prejudiced by Far Right[.] We had to fight to persuade Court to allow trial to continue[.] Those criminals came close to being freed & victims close to getting NO justice[.] Jury must decide on EVIDENCE, not on your OPINION[.] During Rochdale grooming trial (#ThreeGirls) there was intel Far Right & 1 of Accused were engaged in joint strategy to force trial to be aborted[.] Deft hoped we couldn't get victims to give evid[ence] at retrial[.] Far Right hoped [that] No trial would lead to riots[.] [The o]nly losers would be victims![46]

So don't take everything at face value. He isn't being gagged. He was being paid handsomely for what he was doing. What is his job exactly? 

Let's look at the character of Mr Lennon; 

I'm sure that a search would pull up a lot more.

I'm also surprised that his caution for intent to supply cocaine isn't mentioned. So hardly a bastion of British society.

So whilst we all in agreement with his contempt of child molesters and groomers, we cannot be blind to all of his other transgressions...and that includes almost ruining the trial of the aforementioned child molesters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, katana said:

On the day Tommy was arrested outside the Court, he read details of defendants and their charges from an already published BBC News article that is still visible on their website today:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39580591
It was material already in the public domain prior to the reporting restrictions and therefore according to the judiciary's own guidelines approved by the Lord Chief Justice himself could not form part of any reporting restrictions.

He was already on a suspended sentence for contempt of court. He needn't have done anything, since they clearly had already been charged.

So what was the point? To encourage vigilantism? Riots? You tell us, since you seem to think you know something about it. 

1 minute ago, JamJar said:

The other side of this particular argument was contempt of court....which he lost. 

Why didn't he simply wait until the case was over before he released whatever information he thought that he had?

He decided on that course of action and he should have thought about the consequences. If he did, then why is he crying now?

No one with any moral fibre supports child grooming in the UK. I would happily have them all shipped out to a remote island and left there.

But it's not about them. It's about him interfering with the due process of the law and then crying when it bit him in the butt.

He didnt release any information though .

He just repeated things that were already in the public domain and under UK law , you cannot get prosecuted for repeating things that are already in the public domain .

It will be interesting to hear what the Judge has to say about it 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JamJar said:

He was already on a suspended sentence for contempt of court. He needn't have done anything, since they clearly had already been charged.

So what was the point? To encourage vigilantism? Riots? You tell us, since you seem to think you know something about it. 

He's a journalist reporting and warning on rape gangs in the UK, which are being covered up.
Or would you rather they were kept quiet for some reason and not publicised?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes , and I suggest that Chomper and Petemoss watch the video  and see the reality and realise all the untruths they both have said in this thread 

Well this seems a complete stitch up,solely for political purposes.

I have to wonder why the establishment are following through on this trumpt up case. Could it be that they want to create a martyr.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Well this seems a complete stitch up,solely for political purposes.

I have to wonder why the establishment are following through on this trumpt up case. Could it be that they want to create a martyr.

Get over yourself. Journalist? When did that happen? He was paid to film it. Probably by a right wing U.S based donor. 

He chose to flaunt the law and the law won.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, JamJar said:

That is hardly just reading details of defendants and their charges.

If you being paid £5000 a month by someone, you need to come up with some results.

You need to think about who was paying him. If he is a journalist, then he should have some integrity. Instead he complained about arduous conditions in prison as to the reason he should be let off.

He was warned. He simply did it for his masters....whoever was paying him.

Biased opinions are one thing,but facts are much better.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, nontabury said:

As I have already pointed out, I have lived in Rotherham most of my 

Iife, and still have relatives and friends there. They tell me that the grooming gangs were made up of Muslims. All you have done by your post, is to show that Yes white British men can also be peodophiles. But as far as i’m aware,they do not hunt in gangs, with the sole intentions of abusing young vulnerable girls,solely on account of their religion or colour.

Hearsay is irrelevant. Don't believe the judicial system has identified colour of skin or religion as motives. Although only a small number, Yes there were white members of the Muslim heritage gangs.

There have been a number of instances where non Muslim heritage people in groups have been arrested and convicted for child sexual abuse, Do a Google search on Operation Rescue as interestingly as Muslim heritage people not involved very little coverage, . One example of many...

"Operation Rescue" had identified 670 suspects and that 230 abused children in 30 countries.  It said that so far 184 people had been arrested and investigations in some countries were continuing. Most of those detained are suspected of direct involvement in sexually abusing children. They include teachers, police officers and scout leaders, AP reported. One Spaniard who worked at summer youth camps is suspected of abusing some 100 children over five years.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42108748/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/massive-online-pedophile-ring-busted-cops/

Edited by simple1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Did you bother to watch that clip? Any jury presented with that sort of defence would be hard pushed not to acquit.

Juries consider the evidence presented in the court, not propaganda videos posted on the internet. 

Given the crimes Yaxley-Lennon is convicted of, resorting to online videos is laughable. 

He and his defence team failed to convince the court, hence his conviction. 

1 minute ago, petemoss said:

The whole video hung on Tommy Islam's claim that he is a jornalist. He isn't, he has no press accreditation whatsoever. He is a YouTube vlogger with a known history of producing race hate videos. Believe a word that comes out of this vile little scumbag's mouth at your peril.

What about the supporting evidence he backed it up with? Did he make all that up too?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

What about the supporting evidence he backed it up with? Did he make all that up too?

The supporting evidence was based around rules for journalists. He is not a journalist.

Note that in the video of him being arrested, he not once challenged the police for denying him his rights as a journalist. He's too clever for that, he knows that he would be up for a charge of misrepresenting himself.

Edited by petemoss

The Attorney Generals statement regarding the charges against Yaxley-Lennon clearly indicate behaviour beyond simply ignoring reporting restrictions.

His calls for his supporters to harass defendants, and his clear cognizance of the law he was breaking by referring to it as he broke the law suggest ‘aggravating behaviors’ that might earn him additional detention.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

Believing or otherwise is entirely your prerogative but I happened to be watching in real time and find his 'over simplistic post' to be factually correct.

You watched him for more than an hour live? He got arrested more than one hour into his broadcast.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamJar said:

You watched him for more than an hour live? He got arrested more than one hour into his broadcast.

Wimbledon, F1, Cricket WC & Womens Footy WC offer recent examples of livestreams that last longer in the same timezone.

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

Wimbledon, F1, Cricket WC & Womens Footy WC offer recent examples of livestreams that last longer in the same timezone.

True but I enjoy watching any of those. can't say the same about Tommy Islam.

BTW. You didn't mention Le Tour de France. Go Geraint!

• Like 1

Once again, numerous posts have been removed. Very little of the last three pages of trolling, bickering, baiting, abuse and off topic drivel survived. I warned posters yesterday that they needed to stay on topic, be polite and avoid personal comments. Nothing new is happening on this thread, with a huge number of other posts that could easily also be removed as off topic and worse.