Tuk Tuk Arrives In Blackpool, Uk

gummy

Well in the UK Blackpool has been the butt of many jokes. However looks like a few more can now be generatedwith the arrival of the Tuk Tuk there,

Hopefully this link works:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_64...bw=nb&mp=wm

Had em in Brighton for about a year now. Each Tuk Tuk is custom painted and 'themed'. Only one I remember has Burberry check and is called The Chav-rolet ! :o:D:D

Have to report that the Burberry one has been taken off the road, the company running Bajas (not tuk tuks) failed to ask permission to use with their colours first.

By next season there will be a fleet of fully Hackney licensed tuk tuks running around Blackpool.

We just signed a contract to supply one of the UK's leading coach companys with rear loading 6 seaters.

Mike.

just another reason to avoid Blackpool :o can't imagine why anyone would want to go there anyway and then depress themselves even more by riding in a tuk tuk in the p*ssing rain and wind. (I used to work at BAe in Warton just down the road.....working/living around there depressed the hel_l out of me...just imagining taking a tuk tuk from Lytham St-Annes to Blackpool brought back those memories :D I need a beer!)

Moonoi

I am afraid you are really out of date.

The Tuk Tuks we build come with full wet weather sides and also a 3 speed heater.

They are quiet and are fitted with low emission engines, also have 3 point seat belts all round and of course not to mention the fitment of anti roll bars to all our vehicles.

The intention as i understand it is that they will run along the seafront, this is a lot better than those horse drawn carrages that charge you £15 from Blackpool Tower to the Pleasure Beach.

And hey, The kids will love them. :o

Mike.

Ps, I have pictures of one of ours in Blackpool but not sure if i am allowed to put on here.

not to mention the fitment of anti roll bars to all our vehicles.

Anit-roll bars?? These are part of a vehicles suspension & running gear which help to reduce "list" when cornering.

Do you mean Roll Bars Mike?

These protect the passengers & driver from getting squashed between the upturned vehicle and the ground in the event of a roll over accident.

Living very close to it, i think these are an excellent "gimmick" for Blackpool, but the charges should be set very reasonable so every body can afford a ride with their kids.