Medical certificate for O-A visa application

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

People have used one from a doctor here before. You just need to be sure the certificate issued meets the embassy's requirements.

Why would you use a doctor in Thailand when you can only obtain the O-A Visa in your home country and there's an official medical certificate form downloadable from every embassy website in the world? Please tell me! 

11 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Why would you use a doctor in Thailand when you can only obtain the O-A Visa in your home country and there's an official medical certificate form downloadable from every embassy website in the world? Please tell me! 

Because it is allowed and accepted by most embassies and official consulates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Everyone has their own reason for things, sometimes they don't want to share everything with the forum. My leprosy test may come back positive :+)

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2020 at 1:59 PM, Max69xl said:

I got one from Thailand last year a few days before flying back to the UK and applying for a new Non O-A. Easier to obtain and cheaper over here. 

11 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

I got one from Thailand last year a few days before flying back to the UK and applying for a new Non O-A. Easier to obtain and cheaper over here. 

Were you able to sign up for a mandatory TGIA-approved health insurance policy at the same time while you were in Thailand?

7 hours ago, OJAS said:

Were you able to sign up for a mandatory TGIA-approved health insurance policy at the same time while you were in Thailand?

This was about 18 months ago before the mandatory insurance had been announced (and before the UK embassy had even gone online).