MORE evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Three arrested after raid on Walking Street bar

Jonathan Fairfield

MORE evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Three arrested after raid on Walking Street bar

a1.jpg

Image: รอบพัทยา Ok

Police have announced they’ve found more evidence of prostitution in Pattaya - this time on Walking Street, the city’s famous red light district.

On Saturday officers revealed details of a raid carried out on the Windmill GoGo that resulted in three people being arrested.

Police launched an undercover raid after receiving complaints the bar was being used as a front to sell sex to foreigners.

Police used a foreigner to go into the bar on Friday pretending to be a customer. 

a2.jpg

Image: รอบพัทยา Ok

Once inside the bar, the foreign informant was soon given a price of 4,000 baht to have sex with one of the girls who work there. 

He was then told to take the girl to a private room. Once inside, he raised the alarm and the premises were raided by a team of officers who were waiting nearby.

The girl who was offered to the undercover informant was found to be underage. She was just 16 and 6 months old.

During the raid police found accounting books detailing customer transactions and attendance cards for the women who worked there. Condoms were also found. 

A man and two women were arrested. INN News withheld their names but described one as being the mamasan. Those arrested face charges relating to human trafficking, prostitution and the procurement of underage women for sex. 

The news comes after police last month declared they had found no evidence of prostitution in Walking Street.

A large contingent of police and military men along with staff from the Department of Provincial Administration carried out a large scale inspection of Pattaya red light area.

Later in June, officials raided the Coming Bar on Soi 6 where evidence of prostitution was finally found. 

It was discovered that for a price punters could have sex with women who worked there in one of a number of special rooms located above the bar.

The raid on the Coming Bar resulted in the transfer of the acting head of the Pattaya police Pol Col Pongphan Wongmaneethet and four of his deputies. 

Pol Col Pongphan was one of the officers who had proudly declared there was no prostitution in Walking Street.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-06

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...It was discovered that for a price punters could have sex with women who worked there in one of a number of special rooms located above the bar..."

That is shocking as hell! And, honestly quite unbelievable.

I wonder how long it has been going on?

Hmm...

2 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Not the first time the Windmill has been the subject of such raids.

I wonder what the owner has done (or most likely not done) to attract more than his fair share of attention from the authorities.

Kept running bar and getting customers while nearby bars were empty ????

5 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...It was discovered that for a price punters could have sex with women who worked there in one of a number of special rooms located above the bar..."

That is shocking as hell! And, honestly quite unbelievable.

I wonder how long it has been going on?

Hmm...

I imagine that it is very rare and isolated incident. ????

I wonder if the Police realise how ridiculous this kind of thing makes them appear to literally everyone, Thai and Farang alike.  It's a pantomime act in which they should be ashamed of taking part.  Either clear the whole of Pattaya of overt prostitution, and Bangkok and every other major Thai City, or  accept that it happens and introduce and enforce laws that protect the girls and the punters. Just stop this kind of charade that fools nobody. 

Actually Windmill was very fun several years ago.

Underage not good.

4,000b??

A reason why I have not been to WS for years just a total tourist rip off place. 

I hear even the girls in the clubs are asking 3 to 4 k.

Glad I got my solid list of reliables.

Sad, but guys are paying that and more so up and up it goes.

Police have announced they’ve found more evidence of prostitution in Pattaya - this time on Walking Street, the city’s famous red light district.

I'm wondering for what red light districts are famous for if not for prostitution? How long will they play the cat and mouse game? 

17 minutes ago, BestB said:

Can not help but wonder how is it that the undercover foreigner picked 16 year old ? 

And who would know that she was under age to tip off the police?

I would suspect they planned the raid after they found out there was under age girl/girls on offer and already had names/photos. Rival bar tip off maybe. Girls talk perhaps.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A large contingent of police and military men along with staff from the Department of Provincial Administration carried out a large scale inspection of Pattaya red light area.

...... and found no evidence whatsoever but a couple weeks later a SMALL group of cops found some, now another small group found some more thus making , the 1st visit early June of the, large contingent of police and military look bad and unprofessional, therefore best option rely on a foreigner to carry out dirty work, wonder if the guy had a WP

He was then told to take the girl to a private room. Once inside, he raised the alarm 

nothing else was raised .?

It was discovered that for a price punters could have sex with women who worked there in one of a number of special rooms located above the bar.

Blimey who'd have thought that sort of thing was going on ..

9 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

nothing else was raised .?

Blimey who'd have thought that sort of thing was going on ..

He might have waited until his alarm went down and then informed the coppers. Why say no to a free ride? 

been going on since the Vietnam war (and before) ok not good having young girls, but i know some use forged id cards or use their older sisters they arn,t all innocent, ok you dumbo cops, every single bloody bar in this country that employs bar girls, are in the business, of *lady for hire* go out and do something worth while for a change, how about policing the slaughter on Thai roads , its very childish posing for the photo shoot, as the saying goes *forgive them, they know not what they do *ha ha Oh!! tip of the day,,and dont keep records in your bar, more idiots

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Nothing but the truth.

Archived