Evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Special forces descend on popular Soi 6 bar

Jonathan Fairfield

Evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Special forces descend on popular Soi 6 bar

i5a.jpg

Image: ข่าวพัทยา Pattayanews

The special administrative department of the Pattaya authorities finally showed the police how to find evidence of prostitution in Pattaya. 

Just a few members of the squad uncovered what hundreds of police and top brass had failed to do in Walking Street the other week.

They busted the Coming Bar in Soi 6 last night. They even found evidence of underage sex.

The raid came after the Ronnasit Foundation went to the government watchdog Damrongtham with their suspicions and tips. 

It was found that sex was for sale at the bar that has 18 hostesses. 

Bar fines could be paid and the customers could take the women for sex upstairs to special rooms or away from the bar. 

One of the girls was found to be underage - aged just 17. 

i5.jpg

Image: INN 

INN reported that the bar is owned by a consortium comprising Taiwanese, Chinese and Thai nationals. 

Charges relating to human trafficking, prostitution and procurement of women for underage sex have been made. 

INN said the 18 staff were interviewed separately to gather further evidence with which to prosecute the owners. 

The police were pictured taking credit for the bust at a press conference. 

64862803_2226885884047182_7916213433400295424_n.jpg

A room at the Coming Bar

A couple of weeks ago some 200 officials including top policemen went on a tour of bars in Walking Street looking for prostitution and drugs. 

Thaivisa reported that they found precisely nothing - a story that was then reported on more fully by the Thai press and widely shared amid much ridicule by the Thai and expatriate public. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely farcical. Soi 6 is arguably the naughtiest bar street in the world, and these plastic cops shutting down only 1 bar on the soi and then patting themselves on the back ????

I do hope that other bars close by are unaffected as a lot of the staff will be less able to make the money they need in a safe environment 

On a different note though, good to get the underage girl out though, even though the method was more than a little O.T.T

This is either fake news or else the super slueths stacked out the local 7/11 and, noting the high level of extra large condom sales, which would only have meant " a fit for a Farang", sniffed some money to be had and followed the purchasers to their place of employment. ????

But noting that the article said;   " INN reported that the bar is owned by a consortium comprising Taiwanese, Chinese and Thai nationals."  it is heartwarming to know that no Farangs were involved in the running of this establishment.

so look out soi 7 .8. 9 10. and into infinity so there was nothing going on in the rest of the soi, i thought that was a bit funny i only popped in for a beer, and my new lady friend said *that will be 300 baht barfine plus 2000, * so i enquired, so what would that be for my dear ?? rather expensive for a meal !!

2 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

OMG !!!!

i need to go straight to church and pray all day.

what shocknive suffered hearing that prostitution is being practised  in Pattaya !!!!!

Do you mean prey all day, owing to there now being no prostitutes in Pattaya?

2 minutes ago, Tradewind777 said:

Don’t they get it that it would be harder to sniff out women in there that are NOT on the game? Sorry for the pun, but I cannot resist: “Cum On!!”

Or, there's a face I've not come across before.

2 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

so look out soi 7 .8. 9 10. and into infinity so there was nothing going on in the rest of the soi, i thought that was a bit funny i only popped in for a beer, and my new lady friend said *that will be 300 baht barfine plus 2000, * so i enquired, so what would that be for my dear ?? rather expensive for a meal !!

Not expensive if you consider for that you can eat that special VIP desert in a private room.  Fine dining experiences are not cheap these days ????????

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Thais seem intent on killing their golden geese as fast as possible these days

Well another point to consider is that perhaps the Thais were disgruntled that this business stream was not solely owned by a Thai, rather a Chinese and Taiwanese was also involved

33 minutes ago, BestB said:

Got to love the irony they found one and only 1 bar in the entire Soi 6????

Probably because only one bar was grassed up by it's neighbours. They don't like competition on Soi 6.

1 minute ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well another point to consider is that perhaps the Thais special were disgruntled that this business stream was not solely owned by a Thai, rather a Chinese and Taiwanese was also involved

Or perhaps someone in the Soi  was not happy with a bigger better place taking away their customers and that someone happens to be a group and known for doing the dirty when it starts to hurt their “his” pocket????

Archived