MORE evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Three arrested after raid on Walking Street bar

Jonathan Fairfield

There is no mention of the bar being shut down as the bar in Soi 6 so I take it its business as usual at the Windmill the most notorious bar on Walking St pure filth it's about time it was shut down 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thought they did a raid not so long ago AND FOUND NO PROSTITUTION !!!???
No. They inspected many bars and gogos on Walking Street and found no evidence of prostitution taking place in those bars - in other words, no short-time rooms. Windmill, rather stupidly, still has rooms on site.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So from the two latest news stories about evidence of prostitution in Pattaya, it seem like it's prostitution when the bar has short time rooms...????

Inviting a member of a bar's staff out for breakfast, and compensate the employer for the loss of wage, however seems to be fully accepted...????

16 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No. They inspected many bars and gogos on Walking Street and found no evidence of prostitution taking place in those bars - in other words, no short-time rooms. Windmill, rather stupidly, still has rooms on site.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The whole joke is that you could also say that there are no temples in Thailand. It would be the same weird message, innit? 

I was always wondering why even smaller towns like Sisaket have so many short time hotels.

But I guess that's only for having a nap then, innit? 

3 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I was always wondering why even smaller towns like Sisaket have so many short time hotels.

Maybe because most Thais as adolescents live with their parents so need to go somewhere for nookey? 

21 hours ago, BestB said:

Can not help but wonder how is it that the undercover foreigner picked 16 year old ? 

And who would know that she was under age to tip off the police?

You've never been to The Windmill, have you? :whistling:

36 minutes ago, Andy59 said:

the Windmill the most notorious bar on Walking St pure filth it's about time it was shut down

Which makes me curious as to why you went in there. What were you expecting to see? Girls dancing in clogs surrounded by a sea of tulips? Funny that of all the threads on TVF you've chosen to kick off on this particular one. Were you the mystery foreigner who assisted the police? 

12 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Maybe because most Thais as adolescents live with their parents so need to go somewhere for nookey? 

And the teenagers I see make their homework there. That makes sense, doesn't it? 

21 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I wonder if the Police realise how ridiculous this kind of thing makes them appear to literally everyone, Thai and Farang alike.  It's a pantomime act in which they should be ashamed of taking part.  Either clear the whole of Pattaya of overt prostitution, and Bangkok and every other major Thai City, or  accept that it happens and introduce and enforce laws that protect the girls and the punters. Just stop this kind of charade that fools nobody. 

I believe Charade was invented by those entrusted to enforce the law and those who drafted them. It is evident in the helmet law, one-way streets, commandered public sidewalks, scooter rentals and on and on. After all, this is LO(C)S.

22 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Police have announced they’ve found more evidence of prostitution in Pattaya - this time on Walking Street, the city’s famous red light district.

That sentence in the opening article says it all.  The "red light district" in any town anywhere, means the area where the prostitutes operate.  The red light reference comes from when prostitutes would have a red light in their window, advertising their services.

For the police to say they have found evidence of prostitution in the area is like saying... 

"When entering the Fish and Chip shop, police found evidence of fish and indeed chips being sold on the premises!"

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I wonder if the Police realise how ridiculous this kind of thing makes them appear to literally everyone, Thai and Farang alike.  It's a pantomime act in which they should be ashamed of taking part.  Either clear the whole of Pattaya of overt prostitution, and Bangkok and every other major Thai City, or  accept that it happens and introduce and enforce laws that protect the girls and the punters. Just stop this kind of charade that fools nobody. 

I think you are 50% right , for the other 50% the girl was just 16 so i think that the raid was not a bad idea

So how do they get a Farang to do that, and how does a Farang agree to do such a thing?

It's got to be 'carrot' or 'stick' - offer of reward or threat of punishment.

Who would do this unless they needed to get out of some bad situation with the cops/authorities?

Cops don't go round recruiting 'clean' Farang, - that's absurd.

What's the motive for the Farang's treacherous collusion?  

And can we have his identity... I'd like a word in his ear...

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Like on our own countries never had prostitution? Prostitution has been a problem on every country to the point of many of those countries needed to legalize it, not because they are a "modern" country but because they couldn't get rid of it, so don't make a fool of yourself and come blame Thailand of something your own country couldn't do either.

15 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I think you are 50% right , for the other 50% the girl was just 16 so i think that the raid was not a bad idea

True, unfortunately quite a lot of 16/17 year olds in the bars, often using their older sisters/cousins id.  Always been that way and probably always will be.  Worst scenario would be for all the bars to be closed down and then it all goes underground.  Much better to licence the bars and girls and come down on the owners like a ton of bricks if they cross the age line.  Of course then the police wouldn't be getting their kickbacks in brown envelopes so unlikely for that to happen either.

“Police have announced they’ve found more evidence of prostitution in Pattaya - this time on Walking Street, the city’s famous red light district”

“Prostitution in a Red Light District.........Really?

Windmill has always been a naughty place.

5 minutes ago, apophyss said:

EVERY weeks Thailand make news looks like a first april,
but it's no a joke !

When they will understrand they looks so stupid for all the world ?

When they develop common sense so hence unlikely in this earths timeframe.

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

A message being sent. If you don't pay up we'll raid you. Simple extortion, nothing more, nothing less.

You are wrong. Their usual business or the tea-money is not the problem. The problem is - as for Coning Bar recently - that they employ underage girls. Good that some police do act against that.

3 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

You are wrong. Their usual business or the tea-money is not the problem. The problem is - as for Coning Bar recently - that they employ underage girls. Good that some police do act against that.

Nice to dream that is the case which unfortunately is not, it is the RTP and other Thais we are talking about here.

23 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Police used a foreigner to go into the bar on Friday pretending to be a customer. 

I wonder what the job description is in his work-permit... Of course he has a work-permit, as he is working directly with the police. Even the police has to follow the rules, right? ????

26 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Wishful thinking I fear.  Everything is motivated by money or power.

Archived