Shingapore

skippybangkok

Flew back from Singapore this morning, and the only paper available was Straits Times. Front page was a article how Shingapore is the least corrupt........AND......it went on to say how poor old Singaporean companies which are so "Strait" (they quoted Temasek) got hit by Thai corruption.

It takes 2 to tango, and I am sure that they knew what they were getting into in such a grey legal area.

Its obvious Singapore is trying spin things for their own citizens. Maybe time fro freedom of the press there up to Thai standards. My comment would be :- Singapore Military, take note, there are ways to restore a country back to a real democracy if you have the balls.

Why didn't you seek to discuss this with the people of Singapore while you were there.

Doing so would have demonstrated you have the courage of your convictions and saved us from this non Thailand related post.

The subject matter is after all clearly only very tenuously related to Thailand.

"Maybe time fro freedom of the press there up to Thai standards."

The first bit is OK but up to Thai Standards?

To be fair the article was quoting the authors of the study by PERC as well which is under discussion in the News Section. singapore is the cleanest in that study and it was said they could be adversely affected by corruption in other countries.

Thailand is doing well enough of its own spin on the Temasek deal as well so why should singapore not do the same?

The Straits times is also holding a seminar on 20th March on "The futire of thailand" - details towards the back on the main section of Straits Times also today

Why didn't you seek to discuss this with the people of Singapore while you were there.

Doing so would have demonstrated you have the courage of your convictions and saved us from this non Thailand related post.

The subject matter is after all clearly only very tenuously related to Thailand.

Zzzzz you must be the life of the party

was it written by nirmal gosh?

sometimes he doesnt know what to write anymore about his beloved home here. possible that he just used that other spin again.

I can not remember and threw the main section away.

I know he is involved in the seminar I mention above.

Well seemed convenient........ of course they cannot say it them selves, so when Perc conveniently laid the "facts" on the table, they published it. It was shrewdly done, the report was saying Singapore is less corrupt, and they therefore bolted on Temasek, and made it look like they were the ones duped (which they were by Thaksin and their own greed)

• 1 month later...
Well seemed convenient........ of course they cannot say it them selves, so when Perc conveniently laid the "facts" on the table, they published it. It was shrewdly done, the report was saying Singapore is less corrupt, and they therefore bolted on Temasek, and made it look like they were the ones duped (which they were by Thaksin and their own greed)

I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night to try and make sense out of this......

I would say 'pui pui pui!' :o

Singapore not corrupt? :D

Maybe not just as balatantly!

And I am Singaporean.

Now, I wouldnt want to mention what was talked about Singapore which was mentioned at other forums.

Lets just say. That article is a low blow to any country and I am ashamed of it.