Leaf Blower

Tywais

How about the hardware section at Homepro or Makro

Thanks BabminA - lived in CM several years and haven't been to either of those two. I assume Thailand does have such things, never seen one used here?

My mom is 50 +

In my 1 rai + house - i get alot of dry leaf .

Wha she do is she do it the old fashion way .

sweeping all of it up and burning it .

Yes is her new hobby . and is one hel_l of a workout -

if an 50+ old lady can do it .

i am sure . you can do .

you have the choice of collecting it in a black trash bag or pile it up and Burn it . whahhahahahahahah

:o

That day i climb up the roof to sweep up all the dry left that pile up about 15 inche high on my roof .

whahah so easy to get up and so hard to get down whhha

my leg was shaking when i try to get down whahahhaa

scary workout

if an 50+ old lady can do it .

i am sure . you can do .

It's a matter of time. I work all day and quite a bit in the evening plus moding the forum and am looking for something more time efficient. Plus the idea of burning the leaves in Chiangmai at the moment doesn't go over too well with me. You can always send mom over to my place though. :o

whahahah - I think my mom would go whahahah a

she really enjoy buring all the leaf , she learn it we visit the village few month ago -

well i don't get it about the SMog .

maybe cos i stay indoor offen and i go out at night .

seem ok to me .

5-6 years ago the HAZE got relaly bad in singapore - but chaingmai now is like child play compare to what had been in singapore 5-6 years back .

you are like walking in a Smokiing room whole of singapore .

Wha she do is she do it the old fashion way .

sweeping all of it up and burning it .

you have the choice of collecting it in a black trash bag or pile it up and Burn it . whahhahahahahahah

Tatutu, I'm deeply ashamed of you. In the current climate to suggest burning leaves is almost criminal.

Will you be taking the necessities of life to your 50+ Mothers when they are sent on holiday to Chiang Mai's women's prison for this burning?

The third, and by far the best, way is to pile it up, water it with EM and keep it wet. Throw on a handful of worms and in a few months, you will get the very best compost available.

whahahah - I think my mom would go whahahah a

she really enjoy buring all the leaf , she learn it we visit the village few month ago -

well i don't get it about the SMog .

maybe cos i stay indoor offen and i go out at night .

seem ok to me .

5-6 years ago the HAZE got relaly bad in singapore - but chaingmai now is like child play compare to what had been in singapore 5-6 years back .

you are like walking in a Smokiing room whole of singapore .

Sounds like the lifestyle of a :o Maxie

The third, and by far the best, way is to pile it up, water it with EM and keep it wet. Throw on a handful of worms and in a few months, you will get the very best compost available.

I currently am sweeping them up and putting it all in a big pile in a corner. I was wondering about that - just didn't know how to do it, thanks for the info. Uhh, what's EM?

Ooooooh! 2,000Bt fine for burning leaves at the moment .

No one heard of compost?

Compost guide

make your own bin

make your own bin

I am going to try a simple wire mesh one for all my leaves and in this climate if kept watered until the rainy season I reckon I should get good results by Sept. Last year just a heap of leaves decomposed pretty well.

Even if you don't have much space you can do it on a small scale - no excuse.

Although a wormery sounds good!

Just a thought but where do all the bags of compost they sell, come from?

I currently am sweeping them up and putting it all in a big pile in a corner. I was wondering about that - just didn't know how to do it, thanks for the info. Uhh, what's EM?

EM - How best to describe it. It is a brown liquid containing a soup of bacteria and enzymes that break down dead vegetation and other matter and turn it to compost. The place that makes it in Chiang Mai is a Japanese or Korean mission/cult who are based almost beside Nang Nual restaurant in Nong Hoi. They have a small retail outlet opposite their main gate.

As an aside. A tablespoon or so of EM in a glass of water is an excellent way to refurbish the flora in your gut if you have had a bout of diarrhea or been taking antibiotics. It tastes slightly sour and a bit malty.

Just a thought but where do all the bags of compost they sell, come from?

Most of it is topsoil, not compost. The compost on sale is most frequently from keepers of cattle or chickens. The main supply base for much of this stuff into Chiang Mai is at Ban Huay Kaew, out past Sankamphaeng.

About a year ago I looked all over CM for a leaf blower. Got a Makita air blow at Home Pro, to see if it would work. Its very successful on a solid, smooth surface, but on dirt or grass is not effective and not powerfull enough. Finally ordered a Troy built blower/vac from US. and it works great, although its a tad bit noisy. Odly enough-no import duty.