UK visa check list?

We have an appointment mid week in BKK about my wifes tourist visa to UK.  Just getting all our docs in order today.  We completed the online application a few days ago and nowhere in the process did we see any kind of check list for the documents you shoudl bring - unless I am being stupid.  

We applied successfully 4 years ago, and im just looking through some of the documents we used last time.  I have a print out of 6 months worth of statments from my bank showing all transactions, ending balances, the lot.  It seems a bit over to top printing off all of that, but im thinking there must be a reason why I did that - i remember reading off a check list last time so I guess the check list reccomended printing off 6 months worth of statments, otherwise why would I have done it?  Its a bloody thick folder showing every single transaction over a 6 month period and just looking at it now seems way way over the top, but again there must be a reason why I did that and Im guessing I was advised to do so.  if I worked for the VFS agency and someone handed over an inch thick folder of bank statments It would probably annoy me a little but again, there must be a reason why I did all that?

Another thing, I am looking at the letter my sister wrote to confirm we are staying at her address when we last applied.  Its a pretty basic letter, just confirming she has known my wife for x amount of years, have met several times and that we stayed with her last time.  Along with the letter there are a ton of proofs - her solicitor letter confirming she purchased the property, driving license of her and her husband, council tax statments, bank statments, a customs and excise statment and a few other things.  Just looking at all that now I am thinking blimey thats just way too much surely they dont need all that - but again there must be a reason why we got all those proofs last time and im assuming some kind of check list advised to do so?

I would feel a lot more relaxed about this if I could find a check list somewhere but I just cant see anything.  Does anyone have anything or maybe a link somewhere?

Appreciate it, sorry if this is a pretty basic thing, i should know this already and trust me I have scoured the internet but just cant find anything.

Old Git?

You should have received an email similar to this :

[email protected]

Wed 26/06/2019 13:51
  • ou
UK Visas & Immigration

Payment successful

Date: 26 Jun 2019 
Name: 
Visa: Visitor visa 
Service Option: Standard 
Fee paid: 124.00 USD 
Reference: UKVI_

This email confirms the amount paid and the application's reference number. We cannot provide an invoice, but this email provides confirmation that we have received your payment.

What you need to do next

If you have not already done so, you must return to your application to:

• download and print your supporting document checklist
  • book your appointment
  • check if you need to have a tuberculosis test

You can also:

• download a copy of your application form
  • cancel your application and get a refund
Sign in to your application

Change your application

Your application details cannot be changed. If you need to change any of your information, you must submit a new application.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

So log back in to your application, and find the link to downloading the checklist

Yes, there is a checklist to download, but be warned that VFS will then present you with a very different set of  pages behind which you will have to organise all your documents. So by all means use the checklist to make sure you have everything, but be prepared to re-order them when you get to VFS.

1 hour ago, Tony M said:

You should have received an email similar to this :

[email protected]

Wed 26/06/2019 13:51
  • ou
UK Visas & Immigration

Payment successful

Date: 26 Jun 2019 
Name: 
Visa: Visitor visa 
Service Option: Standard 
Fee paid: 124.00 USD 
Reference: UKVI_

This email confirms the amount paid and the application's reference number. We cannot provide an invoice, but this email provides confirmation that we have received your payment.

What you need to do next

If you have not already done so, you must return to your application to:

• download and print your supporting document checklist
  • book your appointment
  • check if you need to have a tuberculosis test

You can also:

• download a copy of your application form
  • cancel your application and get a refund
Sign in to your application

Change your application

Your application details cannot be changed. If you need to change any of your information, you must submit a new application.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

So log back in to your application, and find the link to downloading the checklist

Thanks Tony, Ill pull up the wifes email and have a look.

8 minutes ago, FracturedRabbit said:

Yes, there is a checklist to download, but be warned that VFS will then present you with a very different set of  pages behind which you will have to organise all your documents. So by all means use the checklist to make sure you have everything, but be prepared to re-order them when you get to VFS.

Sorry do you mean they will present you with a additional check list when you are actualy at the appointment?  

29 minutes ago, Batty said:

Sorry do you mean they will present you with a additional check list when you are actualy at the appointment?  

They do not use the UK government checklist. Instead they have 5-6 sheets of A4, each of which has a topic (e.g. financials) and a bar code. These are used to group documents for the scanning process. We had carefully grouped and cross-referenced our 69 pages of documents to the government checklist; and wife had to spend forty minutes with a clerk re-ordering them to fit into the topics defined for their A4 sheets. We asked for a set to take away but were told they "keep changing".

1 hour ago, FracturedRabbit said:

They do not use the UK government checklist. Instead they have 5-6 sheets of A4, each of which has a topic (e.g. financials) and a bar code. These are used to group documents for the scanning process. We had carefully grouped and cross-referenced our 69 pages of documents to the government checklist; and wife had to spend forty minutes with a clerk re-ordering them to fit into the topics defined for their A4 sheets. We asked for a set to take away but were told they "keep changing".

The topic headers can be downloaded.

69 pages? Really? My wife handed over no more than 10. Application accepted with no problems. All done and dusted in 11 working days.

4 minutes ago, puchooay said:

The topic headers can be downloaded.

69 pages? Really? My wife handed over no more than 10. Application accepted with no problems. All done and dusted in 11 working days.

Perhaps you could help the OP in providing a link? Different circumstances require different quantities of supporting documentation.