Thai Passport. Still 5 year max?

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen nothing about about Thai passports being issued for 10 years now.

My wife went with friend last week to help her to apply for a new passport. Just asked her about the 10 year and she stated that they are still only valid for 5 years.

Perhaps not quite yet, listed in Wiki as 10 years from 2019.

• Like 1

The wife got her new one in May, and it was five years. I hope it will be 10years next time, as now, if she goes to the UK, will need to carry the old passport as well, with the visa in it. Should get them both in sync, from 2024 perhaps ????.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps not quite yet, listed in Wiki as 10 years from 2019.

Wiki references a news article dated in April last year (link not allowed from that news source).

"The statement did not say when the new expiration period will take effect, but it will not be before February next year.

The move is part of the new third phase of passport improvements initiated by the ministry."

Perhaps that will start when the new contract for passports starts that has been in news recently.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, UKresonant said:

The wife got her new one in May, and it was five years. I hope it will be 10years next time, as now, if she goes to the UK, will need to carry the old passport as well, with the visa in it. Should get them both in sync, from 2024 perhaps ????.

Is this correct, because it will affect our next trip to UK? My wife has a multiple entry UK "visit visa", but her passport is due to expire. Can she show her visa in the old passport along with her new passport for entry at UK immigration?

1 hour ago, Hotrats said:

Is this correct, because it will affect our next trip to UK? My wife has a multiple entry UK "visit visa", but her passport is due to expire. Can she show her visa in the old passport along with her new passport for entry at UK immigration?

Yes. However you can get it 'certified' in Bangkok with a stamp that shows the UK visa in the expired Thai passport has been validated to the new Thai passport. I forget the name of the place that does it, but I do have the GPS coordinates. N13 53' 25", E100 34' 2". Just show up, no appointment required as I recall. We were in and out in under 30 minutes.

66595994_465966530883801_7544534316588466176_n.png