Thai Tax Returns?

Does anyone have any idea how to get a tax rebate for UK and Australians out here? I work with non immigration B and recently a guy has visited my place of work and offered to do all the paperwork for an extortionate price. So i was thinkin if anyone out there has done it before and can they go through it step by step?

All the guy asks for is copies of passport, work permit and tax card.....

For the UK you go to the HMRC website http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/index.shtml and look around

For Australia you go to the Australian Taxation Office website for individuals http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/ and look around

It really depends on your tax situation and some quite complex domicile positions as you appear to have been in different countries.

Also what time periods are you talking about?

Well, the topic is Thai tax return.

Thai tax-office got forms, you list your total income, deductions for childrens, insurance etc.

Proof of tax paid (usually withholding tax oon salary).

Takes a few months til you get the result.

Well, the topic is Thai tax return.

Thai tax-office got forms, you list your total income, deductions for childrens, insurance etc.

Proof of tax paid (usually withholding tax oon salary).

Takes a few months til you get the result.

You can file electronically on www.rd.go.th for faster results. My accountant filed for me on a Saturday, I got my refund check the following Wednesday. Probably the fastest tax refund in the world.

I misread the original OP.

As Axel said goto the RD site and file on line.

You can get copies of the english translation for the Por Ngor Dor forms on the RD website and then do on line.

You may want a Thai person to help complete the questions if your are not that confident in Thai.

You can also do a paper form and submit it to the local RD office or special station established for tax form submissions around 31.3.07.

How come you overpaid tax?

Thank you guys!!

Basically been a teacher here for the last 1 and a half years. Heard many things about tax returns i.e. can't reclaim after two years etc etc But the main thing I kept hearing is that it is possible - as already mentioned someone has offered to do this but for a 5 figure fee!!! Thought I could pick the multiple brains on Thai forum and see if I could work it out meself :o

has offered to do this but for a 5 figure fee!!!

I just did mine myself today, took about 15 minutes. The downloadable (91) form (pdf) is setup with fields so just put your cursor in the field and type the information - very easy. I give the filled out form to my secretary who will enter it in the electronic on-line version. Receipt available on-line within a couple of days for use at immigration for 1-year extensions.

Yeah I've got the P91 and I thought I'd check with our finance department here (who by the way are not allowed to help us???????) but I was told that it is for a year by year return and that I have the wrong form? I am on a two year contract and have just resigned for 1 year, does this affect my claim or is there something shady going on?

or are you talking about a Thai tax return?

Sorry, I am on drugs. I happened to submit UK, Australian and Thai returns last year. Citizen of the world and all that. :o

OK, I'll take my hand off it now.

Take the Por Ngo Dor 91 down to the local tax office, with your Tax ID, Passport and work permit if you still have it.

Simply get in line, and they'll input it for you.

Thats what I did today. Took 10 mins.

You'll be issued with a small receipt, telling you if you are owed or if you owe.

Just did mine PND91

Everyone gets 60K baht deduction on line 4

Allowances and deductions section C

30K for taxpayer

30K for spouse

15K each child under 25

30K for mom or pop of you or spouse you support

This total goes on line 6

No tax on first 100K baht.

10% on next 400K

20% on up to 800K or 1Mil

I got back some 15K baht from overpayment by my school.

Lots of information here ...

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/32388.0.html

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...
Just did mine PND91

Everyone gets 60K baht deduction on line 4

Allowances and deductions section C

30K for taxpayer

30K for spouse

15K each child under 25

30K for mom or pop of you or spouse you support

This total goes on line 6

No tax on first 100K baht.

10% on next 400K

20% on up to 800K or 1Mil

I got back some 15K baht from overpayment by my school.

Lots of information here ...

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/32388.0.html

Good luck

Well actually I've got my wires muddled. There is a special agreement between certain countries and Thailand whereby you can claim back you first two years tax paid in Thailand. This is open to those continuing to live here and those who are leaving after two years. However being the LOveLy LOS it does take some time to fully lcaim it all back: you don't get it all at once!!

I just got my company up an runnign and was just issued my Work Permit couple of weeks ago and will likely have nothing to pay the first year. My question is what paper do I have to take to Immigration with me as my annual "Request for Extension" is coming up within a month. My last VISA was based on marriage and my B400,000 annual retirement that I receive from the US Government. I still get that annual amount, but, want to make sure that I get my less than one month old work permit extended ok. Anyone know?

Edited by mouse

• 2 weeks later...

Okay everyone, thanks for your help. I've met the guy who is offering the tax return service I mentioned in my first post. This is the breakdown. Basically there is a tax agreement between UK and Thailand (also US, Australia, NZ, Germany and Canada). This agreement is for those in Education and what has happened is that the wording of the agreement states that a person may collect all tax paid after two years work here. What he has worked out is that the wording, legally, does not state that the person must leave Thailand after the two years to claim the tax. So he is able to claim two years tax back for anyone who is woking in education from aforementioned countries. I'm looking to receive 160,000 Baht!!!! :o

Anyone interested, PM me and I'll pass on his details