"What about my brand new car!?" Thai lady fusses as Frenchman lies in pool of blood

webfact

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jane Dough said:

On the back in the normal position reserved for a number plate.

If you don't know how lights at night can change color perception you clearly weren't in 'Nam.

Rooster

You were in the "Nam"? 

Military right?

It's just that some might object to tourists stealing valor

1 minute ago, Splash210 said:

Who wrote this article??? It still doesnt say what happened to him? Did she hit him? Was he riding a motorbike? Did he fall from a building? This was poorly written.

Poorly written perhaps, but comprehension of the article necessary

Woman parked, rider ran into car, all there

He got first aid  at hospital

Another thread where a majority of readers only read the headline and decided to give their Thai bashing view without actually reading the (purposely misleading IMHO) article to figure out the farang was 100% to blame.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Witnesses at the Choke Chai 4 housing estate said that the Frenchman's sight was not what it was and that the area was badly lit. 

Hmmm, she said red number plates, showroom condition, I saw a yellow number plate and a black car, black car in an area that was badly lit. 

Hopefully her insurance company can sort it, poor thing, as for the French guy, how dare he.

Hope he's ok and got some insurance and wasn't drinking at the time ????

Just now, MRToMRT said:

Another thread where a majority of readers only read the headline and decided to give their Thai bashing view without actually reading the (purposely misleading IMHO) article to figure out the farang was 100% to blame.

Read above

5 hours ago, BTB1958 said:

Some dumb@$$ who can't see a car.  I would be mad also.  How do you hit a parked car? 

I really dont know how you manage to hit a parked car.

But here in Thailand the Thais seem able to hit anything that does not move. 

Anything from Parked Cars, Parked Trucks , Shop fronts and people selling Somtam just off the side of the road., to road signage, trees  and deep ditches on the side of the road.

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

I really dont know how you manage to hit a parked car.

But here in Thailand the Thais seem able to hit anything that does not move. 

Anything from Parked Cars, Parked Trucks , Shop fronts and people selling Somtam just off the side of the road., to road signage, trees  and deep ditches on the side of the road.

The person who hit the car, was an older French born male. not Thai

6 hours ago, mercman24 said:

totally agree with her, some silly old <deleted> blind as a bat riding a scooter, he is lucky he is not just a mangled heap in the road, its bad enough here and these sods can see. seems they all knew this guy cant see bugger all yet riding a scooter.

Blind, or blind drunk?

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

Fair comment i assume you would not at all a little angry about your brand new car then 

Oh... I think anyone would quite rightly be upset with an idiot damaging their car.

Its quite human to feel upset when someone damages your property, its quite inhumane to act with complete indifference to their injuries. 

Its happened to me... I was furious when a car hit me, my first instinct was to check that the other driver was ok. He was fine (only then was it time to screw him over and worry about the damage to my car). 

5 hours ago, BTB1958 said:

Some dumb@$$ who can't see a car.  I would be mad also.  How do you hit a parked car? 

My car has hit numerous times (I have mentioned this before) all when it was stationary...in daylight. Two teenagers on m/c driving the wrong didn't see my parked car; a doctor, in a Merc, who didn't see my car, hit the back while I was 'parked' at a red light; A Tuk Tuk driver didn't see my parked car AND me putting shopping in the boot. I began to think my car had a Klingon Cloaking device hidden somewhere. I asked the same question...how can you hit my parked car?

6 hours ago, mercman24 said:

totally agree with her, some silly old <deleted> blind as a bat riding a scooter, he is lucky he is not just a mangled heap in the road, its bad enough here and these sods can see. seems they all knew this guy cant see bugger all yet riding a scooter.

You really are a caring soul.

Poorly lit area. A dark car parked in a dark place minding its own damn dark-car business when, out of nowhere, a vision-impaired old codger on a moped drives right into it. You have to feel sorry for the old boy, but come on...

Python, Python... where's Monty Python?

6 hours ago, BTB1958 said:

I did one time.  Plowed right into a legally parked car on a street.

I was ten, and riding a bicycle, delivering newspapers at 0400.

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

Can't see the lines there, but could easily be she was parked on the street, therefor illegally. If that is the case she is responsible.

since when it is not aloud to park the car on the side of the road .

the old guy with bad eyesight should not drive in the dark any way.

i hope some of them has a insurance the will sort it out.

if the car is brand new as the lady says she should have first class insurance on the car,  

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Just thinking. He has ridden home half pissed for a long time. She just recently parked a black car there at night.Just sayin.....

I can sympathise with that. Used to live on a private road in Jomtien.30 years ago  One Friday night, as usual, was out on the piss. Whilst out a barrier was erected at the end of the soi entrance. On returning home, I did not see it and smashed right through it.  It was never replaced!

Thais are a funny bunch the go on and in about respect and been polite but when push comes to shove they throw you out like dirty dish water. 

Its Thailand...  Park your car or bike anywhere at  your own risk maybe he was so blind he would of crashed through her garage and scratched her car??? If it wasn't on the street. 

Unfortunate about the new car. It will be insured though and hopefully if the motorbike rider is at fault it should be down to his compulsory insurance I would have thought.

Hope the old fellah recovers fully and takes this as a lesson to either not ride or get specs.

She was obviously lying about the car being bought a week ago. No red plates and it takes a lot longer than a week to get the real whitr plate. Which Thai's dont get as they like to show off the red plate and their new, old car. People making assumptions about his sight and sobriety are only speculating, they are not opticians nor doctors who check blood slcohol levels. It is an accident and can be dealth with wiyh insurance. It is not news and djould not be on here. 

6 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

She was obviously lying about the car being bought a week ago. No red plates and it takes a lot longer than a week to get the real whitr plate. Which Thai's dont get as they like to show off the red plate and their new, old car. People making assumptions about his sight and sobriety are only speculating, they are not opticians nor doctors who check blood slcohol levels. It is an accident and can be dealth with wiyh insurance. It is not news and djould not be on here. 

If you bothered to open your eyes before you call the lady a liar you would see that there is a yellow light shining onto the back of the car and it even shows that the cover on the car is yellow. Nobody on here was at the scene of this accident when it happened but a lot of people are saying how bad the woman is for not attending to the Frenchman. How do you know that when the Frenchman first ran into the back of the stationary car she did not attend to him before the medics arrived and the the photos were taken after the medics arrived and were treating the Frenchman and that is when the woman has been photographed looking at her car. 

7 hours ago, BTB1958 said:

Happened to my ex-wife. She parked her car outside her favorite hair dresser and some local clown came along on a scooter with one of those home made sidecars and ran into the car. She heard the bang and ran outside to confront the guy. Cop came along and she ended up having to pay the goof on the scooter for damages to his ride. And she is Thai.......?

Archived