Repairs to cut TOT phone, internet line to take 3 weeks

Rimmer

Repairs to cut TOT phone, internet line to take 3 weeks

N1-Jul-04-02-2500-TOT.jpg

PATTAYA:--Road workers knocked out telephone and internet service to about 2,500 TOT customers when diggers cut communication the utility’s trunk line on Central Road.

TOT said service will be interrupted for up to three weeks, as the cable cut July 3 by a Provincial Electricity Authority work crew was old copper wire.

TOT customer service representative Radchadakorn Boonkor said the company was rerouting customers’ connections through its cellular network.

The PEA was ripping up the Central Road to lay new underground equipment when workers sliced through the cable at the intersection of Central Road and Soi 14.

Customers from Central to South Pattaya are affected, although businesses as far north as the Dusit Thani Hotel also lost service.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/repairs-to-cut-tot-phone-internet-line-to-take-3-weeks-258822

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-07-09—

• Haha 1

I recall an incident where I worked in my younger days, an alarm engineer drilling a hole to run cables using a 1/4" X 24" drill bit, drilled through a wall pulled his drill out an noticed copper on the end of the bit...

A big bang, lights went out and everything stopped, he had drilled through a 11Kv cable on the other side of the wall feeding the substation, he was lucky the drill was plastic case... 

So, will this affect fiber users?
The reason I ask is that I had fiber for my Internet installed on 12th and haven't been able to get download speeds any faster than around 15 Mbps. Uploads have been up to 90 Mbps.
I've called TOT twice everyday since Monday and have been given the same run around every time
"Technician will call you."
However, this has not happened and nor have I been informed of any outages.

speed test Monday.png

Agree wholeheartedly with the last two posters.  I had TOT off Khao Talo & had days without service of course with no refunds.

When it was working, the speeds bore no resemblance to those advertised.  I've moved house & changed companies.

So, will this affect fiber users?
The reason I ask is that I had fiber for my Internet installed on 12th and haven't been able to get download speeds any faster than around 15 Mbps. Uploads have been up to 90 Mbps.
I've called TOT twice everyday since Monday and have been given the same run around every time
"Technician will call you."
However, this has not happened and nor have I been informed of any outages.

I had 3BB before I joined TOT but opted for TOT because 3BB was coming through copper cable and had a download speed of around 25 Mbps.Now that I've joined TOT fiber, I can rejoice with a download speed of around 15 Mbps.
What a &*&^% scam their advertising is when they promise speeds from 50 Mbps to 1000 Mbps. 
image.png.93c29dd0c7070412f59dd134de3292cb.pnghttps://www.tot.co.th/บริการอินเทอร์เน็ต/tot-fiber-2u

Edited by kellio

19 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I found changing ISP to be an excellent way to improve TOT internet service. 

I can't say I've noticed a big improvement having changed to 3BBB.  We'll know when the Premier league starts up again; Saturday night viewing was a nightmare.

20 hours ago, mikebell said:

I can't say I've noticed a big improvement having changed to 3BBB.  We'll know when the Premier league starts up again; Saturday night viewing was a nightmare.

Well my neighbour has recently been complaining about 3BB being up and down. I use True and although many complain about them, in my region, North Pattaya, pretty good.

Doubt I will be able to stream anything myself on a Sat. night with the football back on though. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well my neighbour has recently been complaining about 3BB being up and down. I use True and although many complain about them, in my region, North Pattaya, pretty good.

Doubt I will be able to stream anything myself on a Sat. night with the football back on though. 

epl  starts on the 10th August...so you might be ok by then....

7 hours ago, essox essox said:

epl  starts on the 10th August...so you might be ok by then....

Well actually I am OK at the moment. When EPL starts I am expecting international streaming to slow.

7 hours ago, Kim J said:

True came round and upgraded us to the fibre connection. Works excellent.

For free? They were round my plce a while ago hawking their recently installed fibre, I said if they do it for 100% free I would, if not I would stick with the cable. 

More recently I was looking at their packages, not easy on mostly Thai websites, and switching didn't look as attractive. The packages seemed inferior and an added hardware cost. 

Edited by jacko45k