DHT:Waiting to log in

enuff said

Hello tech mavens.

I just got AIS fiber and a new router.  Now my UTorrent can't find peers and says DHT: Waiting to log in

Anybody know what to do?  I had BBB before and no problem except for dropouts.

respectfully yours,

'nuff (himself)

~

You may be behind a Carrier Grade NAT, that would cause issues with torrents.

Log on to your router and check the WAN IP address, then compare it with the IP that this site http://www.ipaddresslocation.org/ gives. If they are not the same you have a NAT.

Then call AiS for a solution (don't tell them you are torrenting, say you have security cameras that you need to access from outside).

Change the default ports that your torrent program uses to something non-standard.  I think is unlikely that AIS blocks any particular ports but it is an easy change and won't cause any problems.

23 hours ago, Crossy said:

You may be behind a Carrier Grade NAT, that would cause issues with torrents.

Log on to your router and check the WAN IP address, then compare it with the IP that this site http://www.ipaddresslocation.org/ gives. If they are not the same you have a NAT.

Then call AiS for a solution (don't tell them you are torrenting, say you have security cameras that you need to access from outside).

Yup....  the IP addresses are not the same.

So I called AIS and said I was having trouble w/ security cams and they want to send somebody over to fix it.  Well I really don't have any security cams so should I just level with them and tell them I want my torrents back?

Did you mention CG-NAT to them when you spoke? That would indicate that you know what you are talking about ???? 

Try your UTorrent today. It's possible they have moved you outside the NAT just by you asking about it ????

8 hours ago, enuff said said:

I called about an hour ago.

I did mention Carrier Grade NAT but the call taker was not a tech. 

Dealing with some language probs too although they are much much better than BBB.

~

Failing that, use a seedbox. ????

Will at least tide you over until you get the problem fixed. The cost is minimal.  

SUCCESS!

I finally got a hold of an AIS tech who understood what I was talking about and fixed the prob in ten minutes entirely from his end.

I am toasting you guys who answered my plea (especially CROSSY) ... SALUTE!

Cheers,

nuff said

~

On 7/13/2019 at 11:24 AM, enuff said said:

I finally got a hold of an AIS tech who understood what I was talking about

This is invariably the issue, getting past the (lack of) support desk grunts who are just working from a script.

Once you get to someone who knows what's what you're in business (did you get his name, you may need it again?).

Madam never calls the TOT support desk, she calls "our" man direct. If he has to come out then he and his assistant get a coffee and "something for lunch" (a red picture of His Majesty each). It costs tiny amounts to guarantee good service ????

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2019 at 11:24 AM, enuff said said:

SUCCESS!

I finally got a hold of an AIS tech who understood what I was talking about and fixed the prob in ten minutes entirely from his end.

I am toasting you guys who answered my plea (especially CROSSY) ... SALUTE!

Cheers,

nuff said

~

Great! I have the same problem and I also moved to AIS a while ago and haven't used torrent for a while. Question: did the service technician actually came over or was it handled over the phone?

Archived