Thai consumers more than ready for 5G: survey

webfact

Ok so people mix frequency with the word generation. 5G is fifth generation, not five gigahertz. It'll work in the same frequency bands as previous generations. 

My take is it's overhyped, you need to be very close to the towers to get anywhere near the latencies they are foaming about. And latency is only a problem in a few applications, which does not include casual web browsing or facebook.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:29 PM, marcusarelus said:

I got 5G.  Quick and better range.  No problems.  

5G through cables is not a problem. It is wi -fi signals that are the problem. If you think wi-fi at 5G frequency is not a problem then why did they not use it in microwaves? It was the first frequency suggested but avoided for safety reasons. Why do the army people who invented it saying it is dangerous. Why are there so many problems associated with smart meters? Do your research then say it is ok, but you won't. By the way I ran the department for meter recertification in the LEB. I am a fully certified Electrical Engineer NICEIC registered installer snd Part P. What are your qualifications again?

Edited by Sumarianson

3 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

5G through cables is not a problem. It is wi -fi signals that are the problem. If you think wi-fi at 5G frequency is not a problem then why did they not use it in microwaves? It was the first frequency suggested but avoided for safety reasons. Why do the army people who invented it saying it is dangerous. Why are there so many problems associated with smart meters? Do your research then say it is ok, but you won't. By the way I ran the department for meter recertification in the LEB. I am a fully certified Electrical Engineer NICEIC registered installer snd Part P. What are your qualifications again?

I use 5g with most of my mobile equipment.  5G is lightening fast and every mobile carrier and mobile phone company will be using it shortly.  What are your qualifications again?  126,000 mobile phone and carrier engineers all around the world have said 5G is fine.  

On 7/27/2019 at 7:39 AM, marcusarelus said:

A little while ago people all used to poop outside of the home and indoor toilets were considered nasty.  Progress.  Try embracing it instead of fighting it and you will be more serene.  I talk to my children and grandchildren in America when I wait for a train.  I'm happy with the new stuff.  

but do they listen or do they have their ear plugs in? I wouldn't mind so much if what my son watches was educational but it's mostly rubbish,..... games, although he does converse with his fellow players worldwide.

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

but do they listen or do they have their ear plugs in? I wouldn't mind so much if what my son watches was educational but it's mostly rubbish,..... games, although he does converse with his fellow players worldwide.

Have earplugs in but we are talking to each other.  I have a star trek badge communicator thing (Sony SBH52) that I clip to my shirt so I just have to push a button to answer the phone.  With one of my earphones Jabra Elite 65T (5G) I also get outside sounds.   

Edited by marcusarelus

On 7/11/2019 at 11:59 AM, marcusarelus said:

I've had 5G at home for a year and use it to download almost everything.  You mean I should not be interested in it?  Should I give them the 5G router and all my connections back?

Why not just play safe and replace your 5G system with fibre optic cable? My local supplier, 3BB, installed mine for free in a matter of minutes. You can check, but my understanding is you won't even need a new router.

Edited by Krataiboy

7 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Why not just play safe and replace your 5G system with fibre optic cable? My local supplier, 3BB, installed mine for free in a matter of minutes. You can check, but my understanding is you won't even need a new router.

Hook fiber optic cable to my 4 cameras outside and my 5 mobile phones and tablets and laptops and walk around the house with it even if they had a fiber optic connection.  I'm downloading 3bb 1000Mbps and they have been out 5 times in 3 years and I've bought 3 new routers and one to bridge.   I'm running 5G on a 3bb system.

Edited by marcusarelus